Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: moose hunter
Forum: Pottery March 26th 08, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By moose hunter
human ashes in clay body/glaze

has anybody have iny info on incorporating human ashes into clay bodies
or glaze formulatiions?

I asume I could sub them for a bone ash flux in a tomoku, but I dont
want to do a whole pile of test...
Forum: Pottery March 25th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By moose hunter
Kiln

better yet, go down to the flooring sore and pick up a box of cheap
unglazed tiles.

put your glaze on them, and test fire them in your kiln.

pourpose here is to put some working mass in the kiln,...
Forum: Pottery October 21st 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By moose hunter
Thermocouples, does size matter?

In article ,
says...
How long should your thermocouple be? Or is that to personal a
question...
Forum: Pottery May 7th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By moose hunter
pigment for porcelain

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 04:32:48 GMT, moose hunter
wrote:

if your working to...
Forum: Jewelry May 7th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By moose hunter
pigment for porcelain

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 04:32:48 GMT, moose hunter
wrote:

if your working to...
Forum: Jewelry April 28th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By moose hunter
pigment for porcelain

In article ,
says...
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Hul

In rec.crafts.pottery Russell wrote:

Try Guerra Paint...
Forum: Pottery April 28th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
[...]

Forum: Pottery April 10th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By moose hunter
Clay Boss wheel - blown circuitboard - I need a part, but from where?

In article ,
says...
Z151 09UL

made by new york semivonductor, avaialbnle in lots of 1000 or less...

go down to...
Forum: Pottery April 8th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By moose hunter
Airbrushing glaze

In article jjVRh.43127$aG1.466@pd7urf3no, says...
Thanks so much for your replies. Sometimes I think I may be too
cautious...NOT. Thanks Tass
"sacredclay"...
Forum: Pottery March 31st 07, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By moose hunter
kiln manuals

try here, they have lots of manuals and tips

http://ceramic-materials.com/cermat/education/#GeneralPottery

more manuals (paragon)

http://www.paragonweb.com/Instruction_Manuals.cfm

cress manuals
Forum: Pottery March 27th 07, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By moose hunter
Glaze Stains

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:59:07 +1000, "Sam Kelly"
wrote:

Temp. range is cone9, which in...
Forum: Pottery January 23rd 07, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By moose hunter
need some help on double walling pots

what I want to make is a double walled pot, I want to peirce the outer
"skin" to reviel the inner pot, but still have it a useful vessle.

Ive tried nesting letherhard pots, but the tops are...
Forum: Pottery January 23rd 07, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By moose hunter
Kiln wash recipe for ^6

In article ,
says...
2 parts by weight Alumina Hydrate.
1 PBW Kaolin.
Mix with water to a thin cream and stir very...
Forum: Pottery January 13th 07, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 15
Posted By moose hunter
Rolling Clay

In article , vt5569
@yahoo.com says...
Tar or felt paper is one option, but you still have to struggle sometimes
as Bob mentioned to remove the...
Forum: Pottery December 13th 06, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By moose hunter
Storing glaze

In article ,
says...
Bob Masta wrote:
On 12 Dec 2006 02:32:18 GMT, (Elaine Stutt)
Forum: Pottery December 12th 06, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By moose hunter
Storing glaze

In article ,
says...
People occasionally ask for start up tips. Here's one: store your
glazes in containers with good seals. Duh! In...
Forum: Pottery December 3rd 06, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By moose hunter
mystery material

In article ,
says...
Desertalc 57

all about it:

its a deflocculant and...
Forum: Pottery December 3rd 06, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By moose hunter
paragon b88b

Bailey ceramics has a full set of service and operation manuals on thier
web site for your Kiln free for download. you will need: if you dont
have them now)

kiln sitter cones for 04 (greenware to...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20