Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Macaroni
Forum: Yarn April 14th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Macaroni
Fibre Feast

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
Hello?
It's a bit quiet in here today.
I've been at the dye pot again. I...
Forum: Yarn April 14th 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By Macaroni
Gemini: v-e-r-y OFF topic, a query about Catholic statues

Oh, mom says her church, St. Stanislas Kostka, had the official
*letterhead of
St. Stash's*, and that one was in northern Wisc.

Noreen,
Just what were they stash-ing: souls?! ...
Forum: Yarn April 12th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Macaroni
Here's a nice free sock pattern

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I found it on Knitting Pattern Central a few days ago, and intend to try it
out soon:

Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Macaroni
OT Indecent exposure was Question on Stranded/Fair Isle boarders

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Macaroni wrote:

Oh no, now you're trying to get me arrested :-) Heard on the radio
last...
Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Macaroni
New breed of sheep :-)

http://www.cualquiera.com.ar/notas/arte.html

--
Jan in MN
Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Macaroni
OT Indecent exposure was Question on Stranded/Fair Isle boarders

Oh no, now you're trying to get me arrested :-) Heard on the radio last
week: a man from rural Moorhead in northwestern Minnesota was arrested for
indecent exposure. He was accused of going out...
Forum: Yarn April 9th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Macaroni
Woolite

Thanks Mirjam. As Lee pointed out, the degree of success can vary with
different silks which is why I want to try it first on a inconspicuous part
of the blouse.

--
Jan in MN

"Mirjam...
Forum: Yarn April 9th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Macaroni
Question on Stranded/Fair Isle boarders

wrote in message
My view is, "I can not do anything about the weather, so I might as well
enjoy it."

I learn...
Forum: Yarn April 9th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Macaroni
Woolite

"enigma" wrote in message
what type of silk is it? a lot of silks shrink, so you need
to be aware of that first. dry...
Forum: Yarn April 8th 07, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Macaroni
Woolite

"enigma" wrote in message

since i've ruined both silks & woolens with Woolite, it's not
ever getting near anything of mine...
Forum: Yarn April 8th 07, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Macaroni
Question on Stranded/Fair Isle boarders

wrote in message

Have you really studied the virtues of stranded borders by testing them?
Or,
are you just poking...
Forum: Yarn April 7th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Macaroni
Question on Stranded/Fair Isle boarders

wrote in message
Stranded borders form "seal" that keeps heat in and adds warmth, all out
of
proportion to the...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Macaroni
Woolite

For anyone concerned about Woolite because it contains bleach, it does not
according to the manufacturer. Quoting from the back of my nearly empty
container: "WOOLITE Fabric Wash does not contain...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Macaroni
What would you do with Fiesta La Luz

"hesira" wrote in message
The nearest LYS is about 100 miles north of here in my hometown. I
visit every few...
Forum: Yarn April 5th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Macaroni
Silly question but I have to ask.

"Katherine" wrote in message
That's it, Jan!

Higs,
Katherine

Thanks, Katherine. I was afraid I had...
Forum: Yarn April 5th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Macaroni
I need some reassurance - gauge

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
I am attempting my first sweater and gauge is very important according
to...
Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 49
Posted By Macaroni
Yarn crawl in Scotland & England was Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 49
Posted By Macaroni
Yarn crawl in Scotland & England was Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 49
Posted By Macaroni
Yarn crawl in Scotland & England was Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Macaroni" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Macaroni
Silly question but I have to ask.

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Does any one miss this part ??? mirjam roni" ...
Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 49
Posted By Macaroni
Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Shelagh got it right.

It is an oil rig in the mouth of the River Forth. There is a large...
Forum: Yarn April 3rd 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Macaroni
Silly question but I have to ask.

"Katherine" wrote in message

March break finished, Dora? g I remember those days!

Higs,
Katherine

I...
Forum: Yarn April 2nd 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 49
Posted By Macaroni
Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Yes, I'm still in the UK. Rob and I have retired to the east coast of
Scotland, in Fife. His...
Forum: Yarn March 31st 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Macaroni
Anybody Here ????

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Have you all gone out ? picknicking? Football ? something i don`t
know about???

Have a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53