Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mary Anna
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Mary Anna
Manx quilt...sort of

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:29:51 +1000, Cats wrote:

It doesn't matter for Manx (handsewn traditional Manx) what
fabric you use as a foundation. But if you are machine
sewing onto a foundation...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Mary Anna
Manx quilt...sort of

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:53:20 +1000, Cats wrote:

It doesn't matter, but it really isn't necessary if you are
FPP the blocks

I'll have to remember that for the next one. I'll just keep going...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Mary Anna
Manx quilt...sort of

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:02:07 +1000, Cats wrote:

I am assuming that you realise that you don't leave the
little flappy bits at the end of the logs on your machine
sewn blocks, right? ...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Mary Anna
Manx quilt...sort of

Ok, so I decided to give Cheryl's suggestion to me (in another thread) of
doing a Manx quilt a try. I wanted to try it and get the hang of it before
I try to teach my neice. I did a couple of squares...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Mary Anna
I built an Ironing Center for myself!

On 19 Oct 2006 11:03:58 -0700, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

Leslie The Handyman strikes again!!! (VBG)

I went to Big Lots and bought two cheap bookcases ($19.99 each) which
are...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Mary Anna
Newbie....Hello

On 18 Oct 2006 11:07:30 -0700, sgrube wrote:

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am very new to quilting. I would love to
learn how. I have
my sisters sewing machine, which is a Kenmore Mini Ultra...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 06, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Mary Anna
OT - Breast Cancer/Hugs

Beautiful speech! My mother is also a breast cancer survivor, so it's a
subject I think about quite often. Thanks for sharing!

--
Mary Anna in NY
Forum: Quilting October 15th 06, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My 9 year old niece spent the night with us last night, and asked me what I
was doing while I was sewing some squares together. I told her that I was
learning how to make quilts and she immediately...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8