Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ganesh
Forum: Jewelry October 29th 09, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Oct 28, 4:34=A0am, Ganesh wrote:
On Oct 10, 7:10 am, William Black wrote:

The last couple of times Indian millionaires...
Forum: Jewelry October 27th 09, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Oct 10, 7:10 am, William Black wrote:

Ganesh wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:26pm, Ganesh wrote:

Possibly this necklace is...
Forum: Jewelry October 27th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Oct 10, 7:10 am, William Black wrote:

The last couple of times Indian millionaires bought bits of looted
Indian heritage and then tried to bring them back to...
Forum: Jewelry October 27th 09, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Ganesh
'Spectacular' new diamond found

On Oct 1, 1:31 pm, "Neil" wrote:

No doubt this is old news to some but I've only come across it. In light of
the recent discussions regarding diamonds this link may be...
Forum: Jewelry September 30th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 12
Posted By Ganesh
Traditional methods of diamond identification:-

On Sep 29, 10:50 pm, William Black
wrote:
business, so they're 'family'. Nepotism is respectable in India and
jewellery design is not terribly difficult if what...
Forum: Jewelry September 29th 09, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By Ganesh
Traditional methods of diamond identification:-

On Sep 28, 3:50 pm, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:

So, one should rather go with comments from people like "Peter W.
Rowe" and others on this.

Thanks. But...
Forum: Jewelry September 15th 09, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Ganesh
Setting Stones to jewelry

There are various methods of setting a stone to a ring or other
ornaments.

E.g. In case of Prong setting there's very little metal that holds the
stone.

Advantage:- the stone is completely...
Forum: Jewelry September 9th 09, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 0
Posted By Ganesh
Ratna Pariksha

I am doing a small research on Ratna Pariksha, I have started this
article on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratna_Pariksha and am
also going to add "unreferenced" details to my blog.

If anyone...
Forum: Jewelry September 5th 09, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Sep 2, 10:42pm, William Black wrote:

Ganesh wrote:

She is Maharani Jind Kaur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jind_Kaur) is
mother of Maharaja Duleep Singh...
Forum: Jewelry August 31st 09, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Aug 27, 10:05am, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:56:59 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Ganesh

wrote:
Does...
Forum: Jewelry August 31st 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Aug 27, 10:05 am, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:

Most of the modern techniques of jewelry making, at least the traditional
"benchwork" methods, have roots in...
Forum: Jewelry August 31st 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

On Aug 26, 8:38=A0pm, Abrasha wrote:
Ganesh wrote:
Does any one have good sources on Antique Jewelry making techniques?

Could you be a bit more specific, like in "What...
Forum: Jewelry August 26th 09, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Antique Jewelry

Does any one have good sources on Antique Jewelry making techniques?
Forum: Jewelry August 13th 09, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 13, 5:24=A0am, William Black wrote:

Now, =A0about the usual dress of Christian women in India.

Do tell us what it...
Forum: Jewelry August 12th 09, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 12, 12:00 pm, William Black
wrote:
Ganesh wrote:
I am from India and I have not heard of magical stories associated
with diamonds other than the ones...
Forum: Jewelry August 11th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 11, 6:39*am, Jim wrote:
and educational instances of Chauvinism I've come across -- and I do
NOT mean anything derogatory in the use of that term. I grant...
Forum: Jewelry August 10th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 10, 1:48*pm, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 01:04:51 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Ganesh

Forum: Jewelry August 10th 09, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 8, 10:23*pm, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
However, South African mines also produced a number of famous very large
diamonds, including record holders. *Consider...
Forum: Jewelry August 10th 09, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 10, 1:48*pm, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
It is certainly true that India plays a major part in the diamond and jewelry
industry today, and the world wide...
Forum: Jewelry August 10th 09, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Ganesh
Diamond Settings

On Aug 9, 11:25 am, William Black wrote:
Ganesh wrote:
On Aug 7, 7:02am, William Black wrote:
What exactly is 'typical dress...
Forum: Jewelry August 8th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Ganesh
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Jul 30, 8:18pm, William Black wrote:
The vast bulk of the jewellery manufacturing industry serving export
markets shut down and people went back to their villages...
Forum: Jewelry August 8th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Ganesh
Diamond Settings

On Aug 7, 7:02am, William Black wrote:
To bring it on topic, every Indian lady I know also invariably owns the
appropriate jewellery for the different...
Forum: Jewelry August 8th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Ganesh
Diamond Settings

On Aug 7, 7:02=A0am, William Black wrote:
What exactly is 'typical dress code' for Christian ladies in India?

My experience is that they were anything they wish to...
Forum: Jewelry August 6th 09, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Ganesh
Diamond Settings

On Jul 29, 12:23*am, William Black
wrote:
Ganesh wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:21 am, William Black wrote:
In India it is normal for a...
Forum: Jewelry July 28th 09, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Ganesh
Diamond Settings

On Jul 26, 5:13*am, William Black wrote:
Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc wrote:

On Jul 23, 1:33 pm, William Black wrote:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28