Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kate G.[_3_]
Forum: Quilting January 6th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
BOM's

Sounds like you need to join our "get it done" yahoo group! LOL

--
Kate in MI

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Get It Done in 2009!!!

This time last year -- we opened a Yahoo! group for those who wanted a place to register projects they really wanted to finish in 2008... to be "publicly accountable" and to have a place where we...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT - email addresses

replied privately

--
Kate in MI

wrote in message
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Help with EQ & Vista

jeanne-nzlstar* wrote:
if all else fails, install the last version of windows you were using on the
new laptop.
forget vista completely. shrug
of course you'd also have to download and...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Help with EQ & Vista

My dear Hubby bought me a new laptop for Christmas... and gave it to me early so I could start
playing with it... and begin installing all the gazillion things you need to do to personalize your...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Ok, all ready and photos to prove it.

I'm not sure which I envy more -- those perfect points on those HST... .or
the embroidery work... which is just lovely!

I'm sure they will be much appreciated!!

--
Kate in...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh -- lucky me... notice I always use Kate in MI in my messages.... so that
was the first clue this was an imposter! These guys sure get their jolly's
trying to shock a bunch of women... and a...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT help with child eating...Polly

Reading your post reminded me of how I got Ryan to eat cottage cheese....
I sprinkled those bright little non-pariels on it -- the multi colored ones.
Then later that night -- he's sprinkle them...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT weather

If you want a really great weather website... check out:
www.wunderground.com

Just be sure to :

1) put in your Zip code
2) click on LOCAL RADAR
3) at the top of the map -- there is a line of...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT help with child eating

Joanna.... I raised 3 boys... who today are all good eaters... and willing
to **TRY** almost anything.

**TRY** was our rule. It was understood that Mom would NEVER make anything
totally gross...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 42
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT Baking AHHHHH!

I need educated .... (on more than one subject ... but we'll tackle just one
for now!)

What is "shearing" ... when it comes to chocolate?

--
Kate in MI

Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
back from Hawaii with some interesting quilting observations

Actually -- we're headed to the Big Island -- but we don't have plane
reservations yet -- and we'll have to fly in to Honolulu -- so maybe I can
talk him into tacking a few extra days there! Ya...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT Good news...

WOOHOO!! Talk about a wonderful early gift for your DS!!! How exciting!
No babies in our household for at least 20 years... I'm SO ready!

Can you adopt grandchildren? Cuz if my guys don't get a...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
OT computer question

Watch to see what type of file you are dragging into the Fonts folder. It
needs to be an actual font file type (such as TTF -- a common type).

Any more -- many of the fonts that you download are...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Pumpkin Dump Cake ot we have snow!!!

not sure how close these are to her recipe... but gives you an idea!
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,pumpkin_dump_cake,FF.html

I'll wait to hear from the expert -- but sound yummy!

--
Kate...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So then -- freezer paper for patterns? is that right?

--
Kate in MI

"Polly...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Old Age and Stealth

Mz Polly -- if you don't to raw edge applique (fusible?) -- then how do you
do it? Surely not needleturn by hand? What magic trick(s) do you have for
increasing washability of applique...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
back from Hawaii with some interesting quilting observations

I'll be visiting Hawaii after the first of the year (DH has set a definite
date yet -- but I know we are going!)

So where is Anne? Which island? How did you find her? It sounds like an...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
One more (well actually two) bunny request!

Okay -- I'm officially brain dead. It was on the HOME PAGE. I wandered and
wandered through everywhere on that shop's site... What I did not do... is
scroll to the bottom of the home page.

Talk...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Ping Jeanne-nzlstar*

Am I missing a link here? (Okay -- I left myself WIDE OPEN for that one!)
But what is the name of the UK shop?

--
Kate in MI

* * * * * * * * * * * *...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
One more (well actually two) bunny request!

Okay -- goes without saying -- hit SEND -- then go back and look again and
you'll find it....

so scratch Bear Paw.... now to feel foolish at the Creative Sewing Center!!

--
Kate in...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
One more (well actually two) bunny request!

I've looked.... and looked... and I'm sure those two little bunnies are
probably right under my nose....

Bear Paw Quilt Co http://www.bearpawquilting.com
Creative Sewing...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Ping Jeanne-nzlstar*

I've searched and searched for the variety of longstitch patterns that they
have here in the US -- with no luck!

I can't believe that there aren't more to be found... but I'm sure not
finding...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Ping Jeanne-nzlstar*

sure -- I'd love to know if they are reliable.

Also - I would need some insight on ordering from across the Pacific!!
Certainly there is a currency issue -- but would shipping costs be...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Kate G.[_3_]
Charm square questions

thanks! found it!