Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arlene
Forum: Needlework January 5th 11, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Arlene
New reading

On 1/5/2011 6:47 AM, Lucille wrote:

"joyce" wrote in message
On 2011/01/04 11:08 PM, Ellice K....
Forum: Yarn January 17th 09, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Arlene
knitted quilts

Hi Aud,

This is an absolutely beautiful pattern.

Thanks!

Arlene
Forum: Yarn January 7th 09, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Arlene
knitted quilts

wrote:
On Jan 6, 10:36 pm, arlene wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get patterns for knitted quilts?

Arlene

Arlene
Do you mean knitted...
Forum: Yarn January 6th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Arlene
knitted quilts

Olwyn Mary wrote:
arlene wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get patterns for knitted quilts?

Arlene

Do you mean afghans? If so there are lots of patterns out there. Just
Google...
Forum: Yarn January 6th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Arlene
knitted quilts

Thanks Murielle,

Arlene

Murielle wrote:
"arlene" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get patterns...
Forum: Yarn January 6th 09, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Arlene
knitted quilts

Does anyone know where I can get patterns for knitted quilts?

Arlene
Forum: Yarn November 2nd 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlene
AAAaaaaa!!!!.. I'm a few yards short on yarn to finish...

Don't look at it as a problem. Look at it as a creative opportunity.

Arlene

YW wrote:
Forum: Yarn October 26th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Arlene
A picture

Shillelagh,

It is absolutely beautiful!

Arlene
Forum: Yarn August 31st 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Arlene
Knittax Hobby S9

Thanks so much, Miriam.

Arlene

wrote:
Arlene booklet is on it`s postal wings to you
mirjam
Forum: Yarn August 28th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Arlene
Knittax Hobby S9

Miriam -

that would be wonderful!!

Thanks,

Arlene
Forum: Yarn August 27th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Arlene
Knittax Hobby S9

I recently acquired this knitting machine, without instructions.

Does anyone know how I can get them?

Arlene
Forum: Yarn May 25th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlene
LYS - San Francisco?

Dharma is in San Rafael.

Arlene

Aaron Lewis wrote:
I am more into yarn than patterns, so, I will list shops that have YARN!

There is Big Sky Yarns in Lafayette (12 miles east of SF) that...
Forum: Yarn May 9th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlene
Visit with Miriam

YarnWright wrote:
arlene spun a FINE 'yarn':

Its been a while since we were in Israel (Oct.)but better late than never.

We had the pleasure of visiting with Mirjam and her husband. We...
Forum: Yarn May 9th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlene
Visit with Miriam

Its been a while since we were in Israel (Oct.)but better late than never.

We had the pleasure of visiting with Mirjam and her husband. We first
met them at the Seam Gallery in Megidim as some of...
Forum: Yarn April 5th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 35
Posted By Arlene
blocking/washing?

Hi,

I'm not Noreen, but years ago the woolite company was bought by Clorox,
so it has some bleach in it.

Arlene

Carey N. wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn April 1st 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By Arlene
Recycling Wool Sweaters

Have you tried felting the wool sweaters? You can cut them up and make
something else out of them.

Arlene

jheller wrote:
Hi all,
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Forum: Yarn December 16th 06, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Arlene
Slipperiness and Continental style

With the yarn around the finger, you have to release the yarn. So when
it becomes tight, you flick the finger to release the wound around yarn.
This keeps the tension even.

I hope this is...
Forum: Yarn November 21st 06, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 32
Posted By Arlene
FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

It depends on where you are going. I would check with the airlines you
are going to travel with. Usually, in the US you can take knitting
needles, but I would take either bamboo, wood, or...
Forum: Yarn September 21st 06, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlene
kumihimo

Hi Cher,

Thanks for all those suggestions.

Arlene

spinninglilac wrote:
Hi Arlene
knecklaces bag handles bookmarks keyring fobs borders around photo frames
Forum: Yarn September 20th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlene
kumihimo

SpikeDriver wrote:
arlene wrote:
Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene
What are they Arlene?
Forum: Yarn September 20th 06, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Arlene
kumihimo

Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene
Forum: Yarn July 6th 06, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Arlene
Hi there..

Hi Portia,

Welcome! I am very interested in knowing how you learned to knit. I
have been asked to teach blind people, so I am very interested in
knowing how you learned.

David knew how before...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22