Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DA
Forum: Yarn February 14th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 38
Posted By DA
which yarn/fibre to use for a baby?

"nickieknits" wrote in message
Can anyone give advice on composition of yarn for baby clothes, a baby
Forum: Yarn January 21st 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By DA
How would you knit this design?

Fair Isle, just catch the unused colors every four stitches or so.
DA
"Harlan Messinger" wrote in message
I've put a...
Forum: Yarn January 19th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA
Sandra knitting magazine

I have the Jan. 2007 issue. I get mine directly from GLP, the US distributor
DA

--
Never say die. I've tried, and it doesn't actually make
people die.

There are 4 with which I familiar.
http://www.cochenille.com/gsgdcomp.html
Excellent design capabilities with either program
Easy to learn/use.
The negatives are copy protection on the programs makes...
Forum: Yarn January 3rd 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Easy sock patterns and question

"Purplenova" wrote in message
What would be the easiest sock pattern to start with for someone who
hasn't...
Forum: Yarn December 28th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA
Knitting Graphics

"DAB" wrote in message
Greetings I mostly lurk and enjoy all the posts here and have picked up
some great tips from all the regs. I have...
Forum: Yarn December 20th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By DA
Knitting for men

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
There's a lot of mohair and other furry yarn in my stock which I want to
use...
Forum: Yarn December 11th 06, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA
Help with knitted slippers

"angel_crafter" wrote in message
Hi all.. For those knitters out there, I need some help with finding...
Forum: Yarn December 7th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA
Best yarn for consistant dye lots?

Hi all,

I'm crocheting an afghan and the gauge swatch came out fine, but now I
realize the final dimensions are going to be a quite a bit smaller
than I'd like, so I'd like to add a few...
Forum: Yarn December 7th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA
lana grossa yarns

Hi
I have found a beautiful pattern in a knitting magazine using lana
grossa kidlana yarn. I am unfortunately allergic to any wool. Does
anyone know of an alternative??? The tension is 17...
Forum: Yarn December 7th 06, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By DA
Inner side , outer side was + question Socks

Mirjan, this is quite interesting. Is the Hebrew language Latin based?
Several words in English come from the Latin a sinistra which means on the
left. Sinister (meaning dark ) is one of those...
Forum: Yarn December 1st 06, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
somewhat stupid question

You must be using different yarn from anything I've ever used.
Blocking may slow it down a little, but in my experience, flat
stockinette, even in wool, would have to be blocked within an
Forum: Yarn November 30th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
somewhat stupid question

My question is: when I follow the chart, do I knit every row (this is
on circular needles, so it will create a stockinette stich even if I
knit every row, right?)

Correct

And do I...
Forum: Yarn November 19th 06, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
Posted By DA
Picture of the Sweater

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I
can't
decide if I need a course...
Forum: Yarn November 18th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By DA
Cable knitting diagrams

Here are some links to helpful info on knitting from charts.
http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter04/FEATcharts.html

http://countrywool.tripod.com/freepatterns/chart.htm

Forum: Yarn November 18th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By DA
Cable knitting diagrams

"Harlan Messinger" wrote in message
Can anyone direct me to a Web page that illustrates the general rules for
Forum: Yarn November 15th 06, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By DA
Wool Sources in Scotland

wrote in message
I'm starting to plan a trip to Scotland next year and want to find the
best sources for...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 06, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 25
Posted By DA
Look what I bought

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
(snicker)

Couldn't resist it!
http://tinyurl.com/ycdmww

Shelagh

No fair, there is none for the...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 06, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA
Looking for a pattern

Does anyone know of something that would work? As long as it was
fairly close fitting with narrow legs, that should be ok.

Thanks in advance. I am really enjoying reading the posts.

Forum: Yarn November 9th 06, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By DA
Anny Blatt yarn?

France
http://www.annyblatt.com/anny_blatt/ag/eng_filature-ab.html
wrote in message
Where is Anny Blatt yarn...
Forum: Yarn November 9th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Stitches East 2006

I did. I succumbed to temptation. (But I did leave some for other people
to buy.) Hanks of cashmerino, hanks of merino, sock yarn, needles, and
books.
I found it interesting that there...
Forum: Yarn November 8th 06, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Stitches East 2006

Oh drool........... I'd really like to go to a Stitches West, just
because
it's somewhere warm. Your purchases sound wonderful and I wish you many
days of feeling them up, and then...
Forum: Yarn November 8th 06, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Stitches East 2006

Did anyone else attend Stitches this year? Of the 15 that I have attended,
this one was the best. So much great yarn, it was hard to resist
temptation. 10 hanks of hand dyed cashmere, two hanks...
Forum: Yarn October 27th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Info on Junghans Fee and Lang Yarns Venezia, please

These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from the ball...
Forum: Yarn October 26th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA
Info on Junghans Fee and Lang Yarns Venezia, please

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=163&products_id=1357&mmsid=3443ff345472b7caa32260be572d9eaa

Showing results 1 to 25 of 53