Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vintage Purls
Forum: Yarn March 12th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Vintage Purls
FO's and new pics

On Mar 13, 7:55 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Teeny, tiny baby booties shaped like Mary Janes:http://tinyurl.com/2vkam3

Aww, how sweet! I love booties, seems these days babies just...
Forum: Yarn March 12th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Vintage Purls
A FO

On Mar 13, 4:18 am, WoolyGooly wrote:
Pinned on the floor at my mother's-in-law (no kids, no cats, no
flat-footed men to trample it there!).

Spectacular!

VP
Forum: Yarn February 17th 07, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 38
Posted By Vintage Purls
Sleeping sack pattern (was which yarn/fibre to use for a baby?)

On Feb 17, 10:56 pm, "nickieknits" wrote:
Thanks! I can't seem to remember mine having the large chunky overlap
at the bottom.

Yes, I thought that bit overlap a...
Forum: Yarn February 17th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 38
Posted By Vintage Purls
Sleeping sack pattern (was which yarn/fibre to use for a baby?)

On Feb 17, 2:13 am, "nickieknits" wrote:
When my son was little (25 years ago, so not quite in the vintage era)
I knitted him a kind of "sleeping bag" - essentially it...
Forum: Yarn February 14th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Vintage Purls
Washing Fleece

I popped to the pet store and grabbed a cheap dog
clicker brush

That should read "slicker brush". Sheesh.

VP
Forum: Yarn February 14th 07, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Vintage Purls
Washing Fleece

Let it dry thoroughly then use a dog slicker, a flicker, or an old
handcard to pop the tips open. Most of the crap should fall out, you
can rescour to deal with the rest.

Thanks Wooly! I...
Forum: Yarn February 14th 07, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 38
Posted By Vintage Purls
which yarn/fibre to use for a baby?

On Feb 14, 8:29 pm, "nickieknits" wrote:
Can anyone give advice on composition of yarn for baby clothes, a baby
blanket, and a shawl please? I'm thinking wool should...
Forum: Yarn February 12th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Vintage Purls
Moebious done! Hurray!!

On Feb 10, 12:09 am, "Aud" wrote:
Thanks to Mirjam,my moebious is done, and I am happy with the result.

These moebious scarfs have such a lovely drape to them - I...
Forum: Yarn February 10th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Vintage Purls
So.... A Strange Request

On Feb 10, 7:04 am, Abigail Palmer wrote:
Tell me, how hard do you think it would be to convert a sewing pattern
to a knitting pattern? I ask as there are quite a few...
Forum: Yarn February 9th 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Vintage Purls
Question for you spinners

On Feb 9, 9:06 am, "
wrote:
how much
dog hair would I need to collect and how much would you charge me to
spin it?

An Australian woman who gave her...
Forum: Yarn February 8th 07, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Vintage Purls
So.... A Strange Request

On Feb 8, 5:44 pm, Abigail Palmer wrote:
Anybody know of a pattern for a Sports Coat... a blazer?

Hi Abby,

I could do you a pattern for an old-fashioned Lumber Jacket...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Vintage Purls
She shoots...shes scores!!

On Feb 7, 11:31 am, "The Other Kim" wrote:
Here's the direct URL:

http://www.knittingfever.com/knitpatterns.asp?manu=Noro&yarn=Silver+T...

Ta. Yes, very nice.

VP
Forum: Yarn February 6th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Vintage Purls
She shoots...shes scores!!

On Feb 7, 7:41 am, "The Other Kim" wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/35bnvv

This link throws an error: "Unable to find site's URL to redirect to."

:( I'd really like to see what you...
Forum: Yarn February 5th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Vintage Purls
knit-to-crochet conversion

On Feb 5, 10:11 am, "Amber" wrote:
I finished the scarf!

Nice colourway Amber!

VP
Forum: Yarn February 2nd 07, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Vintage Purls
Latest handspun

On Feb 2, 2:15 am, WoolyGooly wrote:
Hi y'all. Here's a photo of a hank of handspun I finished on Monday.
It is a 3-ply yarn: two plies of space-dyed superwash merino, one...
Forum: Yarn February 1st 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Vintage Purls
Black Sheep Yarn

I'm spinning black alpaca at the moment (which is actually black
except for the very occasional white hair). It's very soft and fine -
just lovely. So if you want to switch animal or perhaps mix...
Forum: Yarn January 29th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Spinning projects

On Jan 29, 3:42 pm, "Bev" wrote:
I've never tried dying but I'd like to.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend having a go at dyeing with food colouring
- it's safe, easy and...
Forum: Yarn January 28th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Spinning projects

On Jan 26, 6:16 pm, "Vintage Purls" wrote:
At the moment I'm spinning up some fibre I've dyed. Merino dyed
randomly blue, mixed with a little black alpaca which I had...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 07, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Spinning projects

On Jan 27, 3:42 pm, "marysaline" wrote:
Very nice looking yarn. Looks like you are spinning very fine weight.
Are you going to ply it as well?

I'll ply two singles...
Forum: Yarn January 26th 07, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Vintage Purls
what is Magic Loop

On Jan 26, 10:00 pm, "spinninglilac" wrote:
So what is the ''magic loop''

"Magic Loop" refers to a method of knitting small circular items (like
socks) on a single long...
Forum: Yarn January 26th 07, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Spinning projects

On Jan 26, 6:16 pm, "Vintage Purls" wrote:
I carded the two together thoroughly so as to produce a heathered yarn that is subtle in it's
tonal changes...

Oh! that's a...
Forum: Yarn January 26th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Spinning projects

On Jan 26, 3:15 pm, "Bev" wrote:
I second the request to see and hear what you're making with it!

Well, two requests - a girl can't turn that down. :)

At the moment I'm...
Forum: Yarn January 25th 07, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Happiness is a new spinning wheel

On Jan 25, 4:37 am, Abigail Palmer wrote:
Though, I guess I'd have to find some place for the spinning wheel...
I'm not sure my roommate would put up with that in our...
Forum: Yarn January 25th 07, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 25
Posted By Vintage Purls
Introductions

On Jan 25, 8:13 am, Abigail Palmer wrote:
So, I was wondering if y'all would be willing to introduce yourselves?

I'm in New Zealand, I've been knitting and more most of...
Forum: Yarn January 24th 07, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Vintage Purls
Happiness is a new spinning wheel

Well, okay an "almost new" spinning wheel. I managed to buy an ex demo
Ashford double-drive traditional wheel for a song on Trademe (our local
equivalent of eBay). It arrived today and was quickly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108