Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sterling[_3_]
Forum: Beads September 23rd 09, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Sorting & Organizing Beads

Nope, you are not schizoid... I do the same. I am constantly re-organizing my beads. Depending on
whats coming in an order, and depending on what is already in a box, I might have to take some...
Forum: Beads September 20th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

Heather, I think its a prerequisite to name your jewelry if you sell it on a web site. It helps
people to remember which one they wanted instead of a bunch of numbers or some such. Besides, I...
Forum: Beads September 20th 09, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 27
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Do you keep a bead inventory?

OMG! I must be OCD cause I do keep inventory. Several years ago, I broken down and bought Jewelry
Design Manager, and it was the best money I have spent on my beading/jewelry business.

Every time...
Forum: Beads September 20th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

I just gotta be different! Girl names for my vehicles are a complete No-No. You wouldn't name a
girl dog Barney would you? All my vehicles are Male! Mine got balls, hence the dude names. I...
Forum: Beads September 20th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with names to call their jewelry pieces?
I do, and I don't know why. Sometimes the name just comes to you, but most times I am at a loss.
I can sit here...
Forum: Beads September 5th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Help/inspiration please

Geeezzzz, if they were handing out prizes for really crappy presents, you won hands down! A single
green pepper and salt... omg!

Sterling

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in...
Forum: Beads September 4th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Help/inspiration please

OMG! My sister does/did the same thing.

I have 4 other brothers and sisters, so buying xmas for all of them and their families would be too
much a burden on all of us when we were first starting...
Forum: Beads August 27th 09, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Burning Question

HAHAHAHAH, I like your solution.

It makes me wonder why they even bother to look in the first place.
Some day, some where, they will break down and buy a piece of hand made jewelry and when they do,...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Burning Questions: How do you deal with...

how do you deal with people who look at your jewelry and say "that's a nice bracelet but too
expensive for me to buy" and you know damn well that they are totally good for it?? Then you see
them...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
working with color you LIKE

Ok, we did the "hate working with this color" post, so how about a post about our favorite colors?

I LOVE working with Blue and Green. Though I am partial to brick reds and oranges too.... like in...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Hey, I really like that color. Not that I would wear it (unless I had the perfect outfit) - but I
don't mind working with it.

I made a bracelet with some of those colors:...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

thanks!!

I really had a blast doing the bride and mother's jewelry. Those two would make a great example of
the type of jewelry that I like to make. I could never get into weaving or using...
Forum: Beads August 23rd 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

I think sage green is more of a silverish green gray ... if you know what I mean.
I like all colors, with Blue being my favorite, but I don't like working with Reds. Weird huh?

I finished the...
Forum: Beads August 22nd 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

hummm, Khaki Swaro's kinda go good with many gemstone beads... I think I like Khaki... but it has to
be the right shade of khaki I guess.

Its strange how many different colors we each don't like to...
Forum: Beads August 18th 09, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Wearing Jewelry

Gee, I think its great to know how many other beaders and jewelry makers out there that don't wear
jewelry. I used to think I was the only looney jewelry maker to not wear her own jewelry.

I know...
Forum: Beads August 15th 09, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Maybe we can get the NG back if we all start chatting a bit more. I mean, all I did was ask a
simple question about color and look what started? We got a pretty deep thread going... and if more...
Forum: Beads August 15th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Problem is I rarely wear jewellery, lol.

You! A jewelry maker and you hardly wear jewelry? And I thought I was one of a kind!!! Myself, I
wear my wedding band, my watch, and occasionally I wear...
Forum: Beads August 15th 09, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Does that mean you never use purple shades in your designs??

Sterling

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Forum: Beads August 14th 09, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Let's try this again...

Hey Gina, what part of VA??

I'm on the coast....

Sterling

"Gina Bull" wrote in message ...
Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc wrote:
Forum: Beads August 14th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Heather,

Hey, at least with your wedding, everyone matched. Mine is a bohemian/Cosmo type wedding. UUGH!
They are even going to have a hookah tent at the reception. UUGH!!

Redheads can wear...
Forum: Beads August 14th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

I am just finishing up the last pair of earrings for a wedding I am doing, and I've come to the
realization that I hate working with the color red. Seriously though, when I stopped and looked at...
Forum: Beads May 9th 09, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
Looking for...

I haven't got the faintest idea what you are trying to describe. This might be why you haven't had
many responses so far. Think you can draw a picture and post it so we can get a better idea of it...
Forum: Beads May 6th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 0
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
info for Maren

Hey Maren,

I was in the Jewelry Show Guide and saw that there was going to be a bead show in Honolulu.
Not sure what island you are on, but thought you might want to go.... as a vendor or...
Forum: Beads April 26th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
polyclay & fimo beads

Thanks for the links.... the polymerclaysuperstore looks like a good place to find all kinds things
for poly..

Sterling

"NutMeg" wrote in message...
Forum: Beads April 26th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Sterling[_3_]
polyclay & fimo beads

These gave me many links to follow. Thanks!!

Sterling

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
International Polymer Clay...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32