Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Liz A.
Forum: Quilting April 25th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Liz A.
OT sort of -- order not received from Mary Graham

Here's another email to try: or

I am a member and get regular e-mails from them. I just checked, the
last e-mail I received was dated March 25.

LizA.
Kent, WA

The are...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Liz A.
Mid arm quilting machines

On Apr 16, 9:20*pm, Sunny wrote:
Liz, where is the "largest" HQ dealer? I'm in WA state too. Just
curious. I'm really lusting for one of these and know it's not in my
Forum: Quilting April 17th 08, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Liz A.
Mid arm quilting machines

Mine is setup on 11' of kitchen cabinets from Ikea with adjustable
legs to compensate for the uneveness of my floor. The cabinets make it
tall enough for me to work at it without killing my back --...
Forum: Quilting April 17th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Liz A.
Mid arm quilting machines

Reputation number one. General "feel" of it. The Tin Lizzy was just
starting to be available to try at shows. The one time I tried it, I
didn't like it at all. It seemed to "vibrate" too much. The HQ...
Forum: Quilting April 13th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Liz A.
Mid arm quilting machines

When you say mid-arm, that includes HandiQuilter 16, Tin Lizzy and a
couple others that are less than the "big guys", but more than a
domestic machine. I have a HQ16 so I admit, I'm biased towards...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Liz A.
Need inkjet fabric advice

The type of printer you use also makes a difference. I don't use any
of the prepared fabrics. I prepare my own using Bubble Jet Set. After
soaking the fabric in Bubble Jet Set, I iron it to freezer...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Liz A.
OT - Malden Mills

The polar fleece that you are probably referring to is Windbloc. It is
designed specifically so that wind does not penetrate it. We used to
have a Malden Mills outlet here in Seattle. I bought way...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 07, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Liz A.
Signature Quilt

I did a signature quilt for somebody in our church who went back to
seminary school at the age of 52! When he graduated, we presented him
with the quilt filled with signatures from everyone in the...
Forum: Quilting October 29th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Liz A.
Quilted Changing Pad for my GRANDBABY

SewBaby has a waterproof fabric that they say is good for changing
pads etc. http://www.sewbaby.com/diapers.html

LizA.
Kent, WA
http://picasaweb.google.com/dittodog

On Oct 28, 7:48 pm, Tina...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Liz A.
my fabric printing bleeds

I have never had any luck with my HP printer printing on fabric. It
always bleeds for me too. However, both my old Epson and my new one
with the quick drying ink have always given me great results...
Forum: Quilting September 4th 07, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Liz A.
Printing on Fabric

I've used both Epson and HP to print on fabric. Personally, I've had
much better results with my Epson than with my HP. And the HP is a
wide carriage printer that I purchased specifically for...
Forum: Quilting August 31st 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Liz A.
ISO Ipod Pattern

Oh, but just think what you can do with it.....Our Tuesday quilting
group has started getting books on cd from the library. Then we rip
them to our computer and transfer them to our mp3 players. Now...
Forum: Quilting August 31st 07, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Liz A.
ISO Ipod Pattern

I believe this might be what you're looking for:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=55185

LizA.
Kent, WA
http://picasaweb.google.com/dittodog
Forum: Quilting August 31st 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Liz A.
question about machine quilting machines

If you want even more space, but don't have the room for a
HandiQuilter, they do offer a sit down, table version. I took the
plunge last year and bought the full HQ16 system and I'm NOT sorry in
the...
Forum: Quilting August 28th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Liz A.
Pantograph Patterns

Here are a few more sources for...
Forum: Quilting August 17th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Liz A.
Silco Thread

I haven't tried it yet, but my HQ dealer is now stocking it. It's
supposed to be very slick and easy to use in any kind of machine
quilting application.

Here's what Bayside Quilting says about it:...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 07, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Liz A.
Suggestions needed . . .

I'm partial to Scrappy Stars from Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.com
http://www.quiltville.com/starstruck.shtml On the samples at the
bottom of the page there's one in blues and neutrals. Or, you could...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 07, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Liz A.
book on quilting feathers

You can find several more books on feathers he

http://columbiariverquilting.com/books.html

LizA.
Kent, WA
http://picasaweb.google.com/dittodog

On Jun 27, 8:27 pm, Anne Rogers...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Liz A.
OT Challenges of being a gimp- long and ridiculous!

LOL! Now, the only thing missing in that story is my whacko prozac
boy! Yes, my dear, sweet psycho dog is on prozac, not that it seems to
make that much difference. And he will bark at absolutely...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Liz A.
HUG label help

Don't know if this will help or not, but here's a link to the hug
quilt label I did recently for a friend who's husband left for his
second tour in Iraq. I was also clueless what to put on the...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Liz A.
Needle turn applique

I've tried every form of applique possible and after taking a class on
needle turn from Nancy Chong who does incredible Hawaiian applique I've
not had any troubles.

First off, the best amount of...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Liz A.
Could use some heavy duty positive thoughts here.... sort of OT

Pati,

We had a similar run-in with our insurance company regarding the fact
they wanted to total the car. They go by an industry guide that does
not necessarily correlate to real-life values. The...
Forum: Quilting August 28th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Liz A.
Where to find FQ batiks

Personally, my FAVORITE place for batiks is from www.batiksplus.com
They probably have the largest selection. Another good site is
www.sewbatik.com

LizA.
Kent, WA

Patti S wrote: