Showing results 1 to 25 of 408
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barbara Forbes-Lyons
Forum: Beads September 21st 09, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 27
Do you keep a bead inventory?

I don't keep an inventory, per se, but I do label the bins with my beads
and include prices either on the bin or on the strand where applicable.
I have one of those handheld label makers and love...
Forum: Beads September 21st 09, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Whatcha working On?

Working on a 2x2 inch tile for a collaborative mosaic piece being put
together by Laurie Mika. It is for the exhibition going on in
conjunction with the Synergy2 exhibit. It's mostly made of...
Forum: Polymer Clay September 17th 09, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 2
Books for Polyclay Sculpture

Do you want more realistic or cartoony? Human figures or animal?

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave...
Forum: Beads August 13th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
new pictures up

Lovely! I really like how the necklace from bracelet came out, as well
as the floral clasp on the necklace with the large beads, nicely done.

Barb

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué
Forum: Beads June 11th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
OT Shirley's DH hobby.

Those are very nice!!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads June 1st 09, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Leaves and Vines bracelet

Wow! Very nice.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads June 1st 09, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Offer: Selling PMC Studio Supplies

Y'all - I can vouch for Tonya. She'll do right by you!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads May 6th 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
To go with my Network Necklace

Love them! Hmm....I need some new earrings...lol.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave...
Forum: Beads May 2nd 09, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
sterling silver rings to add your own beads

Like these:

http://www.insideoutbeads.com/Ring_Findings.html

http://abbottglassdesigns.com/buyBeadRings.asp

https://burgardstudio.com/catalog/index.php
Forum: Beads April 30th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Beading Daily

Shirley,

Anything you need, I"m happy to buy and put in the post to you.

Let me know,
b.

Barbara
Forum: Beads April 23rd 09, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
polyclay & fimo beads

International Polymer Clay Association:

http://www.internationalpolymerclay.org

Their Member's Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1052265@N21/

Barbara
Forum: Beads April 16th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Network Necklace! (An actual bead post!!)

Very nice!!!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads April 14th 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 9
Happy Easter

Same to you, Shirley if a bit late. We were at my parents last week for
Passover and spent all day yesterday flying home (through some horrible
weather near the end of the trip).

We're back home,...
Forum: Beads April 14th 09, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
PEEPS!

Or make your own, ha ha ha:

http://polymerclayproductions.com/videos/2009/03/polymer-clay-tv-99-peeps-earrings-for-spring/

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a...
Forum: Beads March 15th 09, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
OT Can we have a roll call.

OMG - SUSAN! It's been ages and ages!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads March 4th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Gemstone Identification

The purple ones appear to be amethyst, the gray with shimmer are
labradorite, the opaque blue are turquoise or turquoise-dyed howlite.
The clear is probably quartz, the red is coral, probably dyed...
Forum: Beads February 24th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
colour decissions

Tahitian is yummy as is purple velvet and navy.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
Forum: Beads February 23rd 09, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
colour decissions

I'd mix with Jet and Siam and they'd be stunning with silver or vermeil
findings.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave...
Forum: Beads February 21st 09, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Ladies and Cold Cuts

My guess is diamond bits and a flex-shaft

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave...
Forum: Beads February 21st 09, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Ladies and Cold Cuts

Lovely - it's been ages since I've looked at lampwork. The cut designs
are so fresh!

Thanks for sharing with us,
B.
Forum: Polymer Clay February 19th 09, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 2
How do I create a bumpy texture in my clay?

You need a texture sheet that has indentation in it, so that the clay
will fill it, making bumps.

This is easy to do with scrap clay, silicone molding material or Sculpey
Moldmaker and items to...
Forum: Polymer Clay February 16th 09, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 0
Polymer Clay Community Survey

The Executive Board and Executive Director of the International Polymer
Clay Association have created a survey for the polymer clay community.
As members of the community, your input is especially...
Forum: Beads February 6th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
OT Can we have a roll call.

Holy moly, I was wrong. Seems I've been posting around here since at
least 1997!!!

Yowza!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave...
Forum: Beads February 6th 09, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 12
Patti "beadseeker" Whitely passed away Friday

Omigosh...just saw this. How awful!!

I'm stunned.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)
Forum: Beads February 6th 09, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
OT Can we have a roll call.

He's doing great, Shirley. Made the Honor Roll last semester, which is
amazing since he was only in Kindergarten for 3 week before advancing to
first grade. He's enjoying soccer, dinosaurs (still)...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 408