Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: IEZ[_2_]
Forum: Quilting February 19th 12, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Threads

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
I'm hoping to get some threads shipped to my SIL for DH to pick up before
he flies...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 11, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Basting a quilt

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I watched someone baste a quilt recently . . . just for a while. Decided
going home and scrubbing...
Forum: Quilting November 19th 11, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Hopping Feet etc. (Was: Dazor lights/magnifiers)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
The best foot for free-motion quilting? There's just not a 'one-size fits
all' for that...
Forum: Quilting November 19th 11, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Dazor lights/magnifiers

"Steph" wrote in message
Hello,

I read consistently but don't post a lot, dropping in to say...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
black fabric?

"Janner" wrote in message
Any recommendations for black fabric to use as background for a change? I
usually...
Forum: Quilting September 11th 11, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Brother machines

"Lynn" wrote in message
Hi ladies!
So, I have a few questions for you. Do any
of you have any of...
Forum: Quilting July 13th 11, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
OT Wal-Mud

"Taria" wrote in message
I am with both of you but I am waiting to see kids math and other academic
successes
in the local paper...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 11, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Happy Anniversary

"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!

A belated Happy Anniversary, Iris.
35 yrs: where does the time go?!!!? *

Congratulations.

Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Prewound bobbins

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
I think they're the greatest thing around!!! Do any of you use them? Since
the thread is...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 11, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Happy 4th of July

"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!
Happy 4th of July, everyone.

Freedom to quilt what you like, like what you quilt!

Cheers!

Forum: Quilting June 17th 11, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Hair! (was: OT No posts?)

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message

Ginger, try John Frieda's "3 day Straight". ...
Forum: Quilting May 12th 11, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Starting in the Middle

"Pat S" wrote in message
When I first started free-motion, I occasionally(!) forgot to lower the
feed dogs, but I set the...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 11, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
To use binding or not to use binding

OH, and a tip: when you are going to leave an opening to turn
something. If you do a basting type stitch, by machine, on the
seamline of the area to be left open first. That is stitch through
single...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 11, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Big Quilt - Ack!

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
I made one of the Boxy Star quilts too. I don't remember the exact size,
but it's bigger...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 11, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Big Quilt - Ack!

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message
I'm in SC during the summer and Central FL during the winter. We have a
lot of...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 11, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Big Quilt - Ack!

"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message
Hey, I've even made one from that pattern! Not as big as yours though.
Good luck!
Quilts are useful...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 11, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Big Quilt - Ack!

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
There's always the option of quilting it in sections and then joining the
Forum: Quilting April 16th 11, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Big Quilt - Ack!

I mostly make quillows, along with a few wall quilts of widely varying
sizes. A month ago, I was visiting my son and I noticed that the quilt I
had made him eight or nine years ago was looking a...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 11, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Lots and lots of fabric

"melb" wrote in message
Have you all seen this?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-90192-1.htm

Edna
Forum: Quilting January 14th 11, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
now I've seen it all!

"Taria" wrote in message
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/found-sewing-maching/?pkey=cdecorative-home-accents

I am...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 11, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Pecan Pie recipe

"Taria" wrote in message
I think I am the only one in the world that doesn't like
pecan pie. It might be the only pie I...
Forum: Quilting January 3rd 11, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
OT weather

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
Right at the moment - 9:35 pm MST - the temp here is 12.9 degrees. I'm
ready for...
Forum: Quilting December 31st 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
My sister just got a Nook for Christmas, and I echo much of what Kate has
Forum: Quilting November 25th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
Those darn shipping charges!

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
I ordered five spools of *gray* thread on sale for a total of $9.95. An...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 10, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By IEZ[_2_]
OT do you know ice cream?

Minority opinion he I hate Breyers! Breyers is the only ice cream I
have ever thrown out - two different times. The second time I bought it, it
was on sale and I thought to myself - Aw, it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57