Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Melissa in NJ
Forum: Quilting August 19th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Mini Block Swap 2006 Memories

Awww give me a big head why dontcha. :) Hehe. That was a fun quilt to
make. Very labor intensive for a little quilt. That little Peddler's
Village quilt show is of course small, but amazingly stiff...
Forum: Quilting August 18th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Mini Block Swap 2006 Memories

Hello all!

I don't come by much anymore but I wanted you all to know I was
thinking about you this weekend. My guild's quilt show is in March
2009. I don't have ANYTHING to show for it yet. I...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Hi from absentee oldie - Melissa in NJ

Hi all, been a forever and a day since I have posted (though I do
catch up with some of you on the RCTQ postcards group from time to
time).. I had sent an email to Leslie and the Furbabies asking her...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Melissa in NJ
HI All!

Hi all, just checking in!

I don't post much lately, but I think of you all quite often. I did
some serious charity quilting lately last week and into the weekend
and am letting my sewing machine...
Forum: Quilting April 20th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Ergo 2000 rotary cutter

I second Patti. I got one years ago at a show and have never looked
back. I test software for a living and spend my day on the computer.
The mouse really makes my wrist hurt if I don't wear a wrist...
Forum: Quilting April 19th 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Cordless Irons

On Apr 18, 11:06 pm, grammykathy wrote:
I am wanting to get a cordless iron. Does anyone have any
recomendations?

The Panasonic at Target that runs in the $59 range is...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Melissa in NJ
TOTALLY OT - Wire Wrapped Jewelry

Jenn, that book is on my "when I get paid again because I already
spent WAYYY to much on this paycheck" list to get!!!

I love crafts of all types!!!!!

Melissa in NJ

On Apr 17, 8:22 pm,...
Forum: Beads April 17th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Melissa in NJ
You Did What!!?? With What!!?? Jewelry...

I would part with money for that. LOVELY! Of course wire work combined
with one helluva focal stone gets me everytime!

Melissa in NJ
Forum: Beads April 17th 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Melissa in NJ
can anyone help??

I am not a vendor, but I am a buyer and let me tell you what attracts
me.

Bright and shiny jewelry. Well lit. Good selection but not tooooo
much. I hate when there is sooooo much all jammed together...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Melissa in NJ
TOTALLY OT - Wire Wrapped Jewelry

Anyone else in this group doing this type of craft? I just got
intereseted in it...and like all my obsessions I just bought like
every tool under the sun and some supplies so I can jump in with...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Melissa in NJ
PICS - Love Apples Quilt SHow (Feb 2007)

Here are pictures of the Love Apple Quilters Quilt Show that was held
in February 2007. The pictures go from setup to take down and
EVERYTHING in...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 07, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Finally! I'm a real QUILTER!

Good for you Leslie. I am very very proud! Takign the quilting leap is
a big step!

Melissa in NJ
Forum: Quilting March 21st 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Melissa in NJ
HAPPY DANCE!!! Ten Year WIP is DONE!!

Often times projects that are as old as yours look dated. NOT YOURS!
It is a timeless timeless design that is just gorgeous. I am awestruck
it is so pretty. I might even organize a secret quilt raid...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Too beautiful to cut

My guild is teaching a class on this very subject!

http://www.loveapplequilters.com/workshops.html

Melissa in NJ
Forum: Quilting March 5th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Instructions for fabric postcard?

Joanna why don't you join the RCTQ postcard group and get your feet
wet in some very simple one-to-one postcard trades?

Melissa in NJ :)
Forum: Quilting February 27th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Melissa in NJ
RCTQ Postcards Being Swapped and You're Missing It!!!

Did you guys and gals know that RCTQ has a small satellite group that
makes and swaps postcards? How it works is you join our postcard Yahoo
group (link below). Trade announcements are sent out. If...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 07, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By Melissa in NJ
OT Sad Pet News

This is how I will remember herhttp://pets.webshots.com/photo/1433774448075796722WUGNNa

Oh Cheryl I feel your pain. (((Hugs))).

Melissa in NJ *who will always have a horde of pets and...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Melissa in NJ
New Jersey, USA Quilt Show Opportunity

Gentle reminder of a quilt show this weekend in NJ. Directions in the
link at the end of this message.

Melissa in NJ :)
===============================

Hi all! Quilt Show Announcement for you! I...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Melissa in NJ
New Jersey, USA Quilt Show Opportunity

Hi all! Quilt Show Announcement for you! I know some of you are far so
this will be more informational for you, but for you local folks
looking for something to do...read on!!!

Melissa in NJ...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Melissa in NJ
RCTQ week activities...

Jessamy they are lovely. Of course as the Hostess of that one I am a
bit biased!!! :) But truly they are lovely!

Melissa in NJ
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Won A Ribbon!

A little self horn tooting for me!! January has been a winning month
for me! Woohoo! After the joy of winning two ribbons for my red and
white quilt, my little "Folk Art Heart" mini quilt won...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 07, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Quilt Guild Disapointment

How unfriendly!!!!

Come to Cherry Hill, NJ and we'll make you feel like you're right at
home!!!

Melissa in NJ :)
Forum: Quilting January 16th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 59
Posted By Melissa in NJ
Nicknames/Wrong names (was: OT; Extreme makeover)

I don't have a nickname, but ever since I can remember, when people call
me by the wrong name, they call me Wendy.

The single most "wrong name" for Melissa I get is Michelle. My friend
Sharon...
Forum: Quilting January 13th 07, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Melissa in NJ
I won two ribbons!!

Hi All! I hosted and participated in my guild's quilt challenge for our
quilt show in February. I could participate but I couldn't actually
vote because I knew who all the participants were. My...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Melissa in NJ
HELP! Figure This Out for Me (On Topic)

Sharon Harper wrote:
I read this as what it sounds like - get a 1.5" piece of fabric and sew one
side of it to your quilt from left to right. What I imagine they will do is
take the other end...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72