Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shanti
Forum: Needlework June 10th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Shanti
Embroidering faces

Thank you, everyone, for all your suggestions. I had a longish chat
today with the lady who's co-ordinating the project, and she seems to
think that it's best to avoid any facial features. If I do...
Forum: Needlework June 7th 09, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Shanti
Embroidering faces

On Jun 7, 12:08*am, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

(eye/s, nose, mouth as straight stitches) you can either use long/short
technique (needlepainting without shading) or...
Forum: Needlework June 6th 09, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Shanti
Embroidering faces

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a fairly major project as part of an even bigger project at
a local church in Oxford. The plan is to depict each book of the Bible
in an A5-sized piece of felt. I've taken on...
Forum: Needlework July 21st 08, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Shanti
Movie Stars Eyes Patterns

On Jul 21, 11:27*am, (F.James Cripwell)
wrote:
) writes:
Thank you Linda , for elaborating this information , i did wonder ,
how EYES alone...
Forum: Needlework July 15th 08, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By Shanti
How Much Stash is too much

I have three 65-litre boxes full of needlework stuff. That does NOT
include books and charts and magazines. It includes different kinds of
fabric, one or two bell-pull things, smallish hoops (the...
Forum: Needlework July 11th 08, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 159
Posted By Shanti
Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

Trish and Cheryl,

Thank you for encouragement. I'm definitely going to continue with my
attempts at dress-making. I was able to pick up some cottons and poly-
cottons at the Birmingham Rag Market at...
Forum: Needlework July 11th 08, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Shanti
Waste canvas experiment pics on RCTNP

Thanks,
Shanti.

become a member, be sure to say you came there from rctn and you'll be
in. * rctn is the Open Sesame...
Forum: Needlework July 10th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Shanti
Waste canvas experiment pics on RCTNP

wrote:
Hi! As requested, I have finally gotten around to pics of my waste
canvas on silk experiment. I purposely made the frame as big as the
Chateliene (sp?)...
Forum: Needlework July 10th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 159
Posted By Shanti
Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

the bottom of the kneecap. *Fortunately, I make all my dress clothes, I
think the way they are showing them in the shops these days at just
above the kneecap is the most UNattractive length on...
Forum: Needlework July 9th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 159
Posted By Shanti
Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

On Jul 7, 9:06*pm, wrote:
I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I...
Forum: Needlework July 7th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Shanti
OT (maybe) - blog printing

On Jul 7, 3:45*pm, (F.James Cripwell) wrote:
anne ) writes:
Quite often, I come across great needlework tutorials that people have
posted in...
Forum: Needlework July 7th 08, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Shanti
Show of hands

On Jul 6, 12:44*pm, anne wrote:
How many of you sign and date your work? If yes, do you use your full
name, initials, or ?

Do you keep a stitching journal?

I use a...
Forum: Needlework July 1st 08, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Shanti
Embroidered Marigold-Bold

with crayon was complete.
I set out to try several threads and completed it with results that
I hope are rather 'memorable'.
Here it...
Forum: Needlework June 28th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Shanti
Non Hodkins Lymphoma

Sorry I've been offline for the past week or so; the power supply to
our lightbox gave out on Monday and I've just come back online. Well,
lymphoma is primarily cancer of the lymph nodes. Hodgkin's...
Forum: Needlework June 23rd 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Shanti
What are you stitching this summer?

My Dad is considered "cured" after getting it at 70+, but a kid nearby died
in a few weeks. I have wondered if non-Hodgkins is a catchall phrase used
for multiple types.

There are indeed...
Forum: Needlework June 23rd 08, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Shanti
What are you stitching this summer?

I'm sorry to hear that, Marg. A dear friend of ours had non-Hodgkin's
lymphoma and went through 8 rounds of chemotherapy, so I know how hard
it can be. It is not unknown for the patient to react more...
Forum: Needlework June 22nd 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Shanti
What are you stitching this summer?

Hello everyone!

It's nice to be back reading about and posting to fellow stitchers.

I've been busy designing a sampler for a friend's daughter who is
going to turn 18 in August. I found a border of...
Forum: Needlework July 12th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 35
Posted By Shanti
a.c.moore ?

When I lived in North Carolina, I found that AC Moore was always
cheaper for DMC threads, compared to Michael's. They also carried
quite a good stock of bits and bobs. The only kits I remember...
Forum: Needlework June 27th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Shanti
To all Brits ,,,, ARE YOU SAFE ???

On Jun 26, 8:57 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
While we have the unbeliebable heat wave i hear you have too much rain
[ please send us some } ,,,, Are you all safe ???
Forum: Needlework April 23rd 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Shanti
Happy Birthday, Cheryl!!

Lucille wrote:

"Gill Murray" wrote in message
I hope I have the date right!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Gill

Even if...
Forum: Needlework April 23rd 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Shanti
Hemstitching? now Homoeopathy Plants Sampler

Dianne - who hopes that was clearer than mud.

Oh yes, that was very clear indeed. Thank you all for your suggestions
and websites.

I have succumbed to an attack of Designeritis, unfortunately,...
Forum: Needlework April 13th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Shanti
Hemstitching?

You should find some help with hemstitching hehttp://www.victoriasampler.com/VS_Club/Animations/