Showing results 1 to 25 of 277
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bonnie NJ
Forum: Quilting November 27th 11, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Bonnie NJ
OT Gingerbread

I hope it will work with black strap molasses, it's the only type I
buy! I know what I'll be making this afternoon. First the regular and
then the apple type! Thanks for posting these recipes...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 11, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Bonnie NJ
It must be the season

Feel the need to listen to old friends and this is the place to find
many. Tomorrow I'll go to my daughter's for the feast, but today I
feel so sad. The baking is done and all day I've been thinking...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 11, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Bonnie NJ
While you're not looking

No one tells it quite the way you do Polly!
Bonnie
NJ
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 11, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Bonnie NJ
OT Pastry Wars

On Nov 21, 1:57*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Cream Cheese Pastry for beginners

1 'softened' 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup margarine ( that's 2 sticks) (also softened)
2...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 11, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Bonnie NJ
OT Pastry Wars

Let me know!
Or should I just post all of them?

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. *What's your superpower?

I wouldn't mind all of them, but please start with...
Forum: Quilting November 21st 11, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Bonnie NJ
OT Pastry Wars

On Nov 20, 10:52*am, NightMist wrote:
I have seen more of my relatives recently than I have in the last thirty
years. *After they get past the "My you are looking well!"...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 11, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Hug Quilt Pati update

On Nov 12, 7:08*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
Is that the one that was quilted so poorly and then took many wonderful
hands a long time to pick out and then re-quilt?

I'm...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 11, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Bonnie NJ
fabric amounts for quilts

On Oct 18, 11:54*pm, "Taria" wrote:
So I come across a neat quilt in Fons and Porter's magazine (sept./oct.
2008) *It is called Mariner's in a Pickle.
It could work...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 11, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Bonnie NJ
my favorite thing

On May 28, 11:57*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I just washed and half way dried a little quilt. *Patted it out on the
kitchen counter and loved it a little while. *I think...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 11, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Quilting question

On Feb 6, 5:35*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Maybe a half-inch grid (or 1-inch, depends how big those open spaces
are) would provide enough background to make your stars *and feathers
Forum: Quilting February 5th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Quilting question

How do you decide how much quilting is enough? It seems as though I
either over quilt or under quilt. I just finished quilting a lone
star and I'm in the process of binding. It seems as though I...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 10, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 74
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Mum's gone

On Dec 23, 10:30*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
So sorry to hear of your loss. (((((((((Kate)))))))))))
Bonnie
NJ
Mum's gone...

My mentor in Life

My friend
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 10, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Quilting Now?

On Aug 22, 10:59*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:

What'cha doin' ? * Polly

Hi Polly,
I'm doing the "Over the River and Through the Woods" quilt. I have a
small amount of...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 10, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Problems with Bernina 440

Well Polly, I did what you said and then I looked at the chart once
again. I think the fact that I actually stopped and paid attention to
what I was doing helped. I kept putting in the wrong...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Problems with Bernina 440

Can anyone tell me if they had problems with stitch selection on the
440? I tired to do a blanket stitch by selecting #51 and #56 came
up. There are others stitches that aren't correct too. I'm...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Brother embroidery machine?

On Dec 16, 11:08*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I don't want to embroider Donald Duck on 800 baseball caps. *Not even one
pegasus on our tea towels - but - I've seen some...
Forum: Quilting December 17th 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Why I quilted this year

This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. ...
Forum: Quilting October 23rd 09, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Bonnie NJ
NOW Mincemeat

I do believe that the German mincemeat has venison, at least, that is
what my husband said. My gran always did the English mincemeat with
raisins, fruit and suet.
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 09, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Hi Folks

On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Very good to see you here again, Bonnie. Good for you about the surgery
outcome. Don't brag too much on that clear vision (don't...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Bonnie NJ
How many projects are you working on - now?

Thanks all, I must say, I do finish quilts. I guess I really need a
deadline. When I'm sewing for others it's never a problem. However,
when I'm sewing for myself - it's whenever I feel like...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 09, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Bonnie NJ
How many projects are you working on - now?

I've wondered if I have a problem. When I stop to think of all the
quilting projects I am currently working on - some more than others.
I'm working on "Over the River and Through the Woods", a batik...
Forum: Quilting September 25th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Hi Folks

After a long absence, I think I'm back. I recently had cataract
surgery and I'm now amazed how clear and sharp edges can be. I may
even be able to get that 1/4" seam now, but I will not hold...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Bonnie NJ
I bought a Singer Featherweight at an auction today and have aquestion

On Aug 5, 10:50*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Would it be good for me to recommend a featherweight to our niece? *She says
she needs a machine for hemming jeans and I don't...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Read the Roll Call

If you haven't
responded to Roll Call, please do. *We love to hear from all of you. *Polly

Hi Polly and All,
I'm reading the group once again. I do enjoy reading the latest in
Polly's World...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Bonnie NJ
Great news

Mr Joe, of the Leukemia disposition, has been pronounced

in COMPLETE REMISSION

Butterfly (we are in your debt for all the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 277