Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nann[_2_]
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 19, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Replace quilt top

Yes, you could do that -- there are examples of antique quilts where one quilt is used as the "batting" for another. But I would not advise that for a new quilt for several reasons -- you will be...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 19, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Nann[_2_]
HELP PLEASE - rctq on facebook

You are in the FB group -- username is Di Maloney

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:02:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,
I had a massive hack attack where I had to make a new page on...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 19, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Nann[_2_]
HELP PLEASE - rctq on facebook

RCTQ - rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That is how it reads on my FB feed.

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:02:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,
I had a massive hack attack where I had...
Forum: Quilting November 28th 18, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Mega quilter problems

The Viking MQ I bought from a friend sat under the sewing table for years, unused. I could not free-motion without the thread breaking. The side-mounted bobbin was a pain to change. Earlier this...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 18, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Mega quilter problems

I bought a MegaQuilter and frame, used, about 7 years ago. I quilted five quilts on it. Fooey. I tried the machine as a standalone. Fine for straight stitching but I couldn't free-motion without...
Forum: Quilting April 13th 17, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Just a Simple Patch Quilt

I'm with Brian. A thread or two off doesn't bother me. But if it really, really bothers you I suggest lots of pinning. Also, press the seams carefully and be sure that each intersection nests (so...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 17, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Baseball Swaps

Come...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 17, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Nann[_2_]
BarryTrickett

I googled the name and got this reference:
http://www.bradburyfabrics.com/AboutUs.asp
He is listed as general manager.

Nann

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 12:48:54 PM UTC-6, Bobbie Sews More...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 17, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Sailboat Quilt and More

I find that that the RCTQ FB group is easier to access and much chattier. It allows for photos, too. I only come to this site when Google Groups lets me know there is a new post.

Nann

On...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 16, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Nann[_2_]
weight of new home 445

Put it on your bathroom scale.

Nann

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 2:22:01 AM UTC-6, Brian Christiansen wrote:
I have a New Home 445, and I was wondering how much it weighs. It is
from the...
Forum: Quilting November 26th 15, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Nann[_2_]
The Flutterby Quilt

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 9:43:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Nann,
How I got the 3 inch center is because I inlarged the pattern, yet would fit within my layer cakes...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 15, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Nann[_2_]
The Flutterby Quilt

If the pattern originally called for 2.5" strips, how did it handle the center square, which in your version starts at 3"?

(I don't buy precuts, but I do adapt patterns.)

Nann

On Tuesday,...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 15, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Need finishing help in SFBA

The RCTQ FB page is called "RCTQ - rec.crafts.textiles.quilting"

Nann

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 10:26:14 PM UTC-6, Nellie wrote:
On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 8:18:13 PM UTC-8,...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 15, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Pine Trees and squares

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 10:28:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I found this picture of a quilt in a magazine or quilt flyer. It is very simple except for the pine trees. There are 16...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 15, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nann[_2_]
back from retreat

Did you go to Madeline Island http://www.madelineartschool.com/
or to Sievers? http://www.sieversschool.com/
or elsewhere?

Nann

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 10:12:02 AM UTC-5, Julia in MN...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 15, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Nann[_2_]
"sea silk", aka byssus from Sardinia

Thanks, Jack--
Completely new to me, too.
Nann
Forum: Quilting August 13th 15, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Repairing a quilt

Because you really value the quilt, you might contact a textile conservator for advice about how to repair / stabilize it.

Nann

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 12:54:11 AM UTC-5, Brian wrote:
Forum: Quilting August 8th 15, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Hot Pads and more

I looked up the block . . .
http://quilterscache.com/A/AustinBlock.html
I can imagine using this block to showcase large-scale prints, like Asian or floral.

Most of the time I make Flying Geese...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 15, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Anniversary

Twenty years ago yesterday -- August 2, 1995: my first post to RCTQ. I lived in Fargo then. The public television station offered inexpensive internet (email) access -- two hours a day. The service...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 15, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Quick and Easy?

If you want simple and have mostly tone-on-tones, then a "modern" theme may be the way to go. What pops into my head is a large Carpenter's Star. If you make the HSTs to finish at 5" then one big...
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 14, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Nann[_2_]
RUG MUGS AND MORE

P.S. If you do a Google images or Pinterest search with the term "Christmas mug rug" you will get hundreds of hits.

Nann
Forum: Quilting October 23rd 12, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nann[_2_]
HEADS UP! Webshots is going to paid subscription only

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:57:01 AM UTC-5, Jeri wrote:

Thanks -- I need to migrate from WS but have to download their software to download all my photos. (And I never did update my email address...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 12, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Nann[_2_]
Quilting Gallery contest

This week's Quilting Gallery contest theme is baskets. I have an
entry and would appreciate your vote!
http://quiltinggallery.com/2012/02/24/vote-now-quilts-with-baskets/

Nann
in northeasternmost...