Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: anne
Forum: Needlework July 21st 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By anne
It's Official!!!

says...

How thrilling to take a class from Kay. What is making the silk hard
for you to work with? What type is it?

There were several varieties of 'strandable'...
Forum: Needlework July 20th 09, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By anne
It's Official!!!

I am now a card carrying member of the prestigious UFO club.

UFO 1 -- I took a silk and metal class with Kay Stanis at a recent seminar.
It's unlikely that I'll ever finish it -- the silk is really...
Forum: Needlework July 2nd 09, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 78
Posted By anne
So - what are you stitching

says...
Bullion Knots I've done with crewel wool, but I imagine they're much harder
with slitery rayon.

yes, no, maybe. The edmar needle pack helps a bit; they're quite long...
Forum: Needlework July 2nd 09, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 78
Posted By anne
So - what are you stitching

says...
I do love that it is not the usual - and very, very much Anne's style
alley!

don't know whether to laugh or cry because you know me so well

--
another anne, add...
Forum: Needlework July 2nd 09, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

says...
One of these days I'm going to try one of those. Maybe not something quite
as ambitious as that, but there must be a few out there that are a little
more beginner...
Forum: Needlework June 30th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 78
Posted By anne
So - what are you stitching

I'm in the home stretch for 'Verana' by Maria Freitas
(http://www.jdr-be.com/BK-V108.htm).

The colors in the photo are much lighter (and nicer) than those of the
designated threads, some of which I...
Forum: Needlework June 27th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By anne
In defense of Facebook

my $0.03

a friend from long ago first clued me in about facebook; then my 'kids' and
who live within shouting distance (if one has strong lungs) started jabbering
about it. Occassionally my far...
Forum: Needlework June 24th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By anne
SAS report - long

SAS (aka Share A Stitch) is the annual seminar hosted by the Tennessee Valley
Region of EGA. Travel to Nashville was easy, since it's just a hop, skip, and 2
jumps from me and a friend (control...
Forum: Needlework June 16th 09, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By anne
OT-In need of good thoughts

says...

You got it girl

ditto, ditto, ditto
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Forum: Needlework June 11th 09, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

says...
I don't know what size these faces are, but to me that would be rather
ghostly. Of course, maybe that's the affect you want.

Different strokes for different...
Forum: Needlework June 11th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By anne
Embroidering faces

says...
Thank you, everyone, for all your suggestions. I had a longish chat
today with the lady who's co-ordinating the project, and she seems to
think that it's best to...
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By anne
Making a wall hanging

says...
says...
Alice..your buddy from a long time ago

Alice!!!!!!

email to alice at charter dot net bounced ;-( send something to me at...
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By anne
Making a wall hanging

says...
Alice..your buddy from a long time ago

Alice!!!!!!

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By anne
Making a wall hanging

says...
Silly you. You already know the answer: it depends on the final look
you want. Soft? Use batting. Prim? Use cardboard.

I opted to use plastic canvas for...
Forum: Needlework June 8th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By anne
Making a wall hanging

After finishing the punch needling on fabric printed with bathing beauties, I
agonized over what to do with it. Although I have a frame that might have
worked, I decided to do a quilt-like wall...
Forum: Needlework June 7th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By anne
Embroidering faces

says...
But I've got to embroider the face in at least two
cases, and I have no idea how to go about it. I've never done this
before, and my instinctive idea is to follow the...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By anne
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

says...

I see they're also having something in Fargo later next year. Do you
have to be a member to participate?

It's my understanding that in order to attend...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 56
Posted By anne
Traveling tea cozy

just a few thoughts

Do we need a rule about how long the cosy can stay in one place before going to
another destination?

Will it fit in a small box? The box could be rewrapped instead of using...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By anne
Stitch Choices - Anyone else think too hard?

says...
So, the rest of you - do you find yourself agonizing over just the right
thread, or just the right stitch?

I often wake up in the morning thinking about the project...
Forum: Needlework June 4th 09, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By anne
Who stitches outside

says...
Does any one here stitch outside?

I used to. Lately though the pine trees which were mere saplings when I moved
in 16 years ago are putting out so much pollen that...
Forum: Needlework June 4th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By anne
Punch needle mania

says...
I have the stuff to try it, just have never gotten there.

The cameo needles are much, much better than anything else I've used. My hands
cramped after awhile with...
Forum: Needlework June 4th 09, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By anne
New design from Emie Bishop

says...

First let me say that I have yet to see an Emie Bishop design that I
didn't think was lovely. OK -- now here comes a pet peeve rant. HOW
can anyone tell...
Forum: Needlework June 3rd 09, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By anne
Punch needle mania

Several weekends ago, I attended a quilt exhibition. The quilts were phenomenal
as was the history lesson (they called it bed turning, or something like that).
One of the vendors, in addition to...
Forum: Needlework May 31st 09, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By anne
OT - Susan Boyle

NBC nightly news has been following her story and last night announced that she
was the runner up. To my Internet buddies across the water, was the dance
troupe (sp??) that won good? Was her lose...
Forum: Needlework May 30th 09, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 56
Posted By anne
Traveling tea cozy

says...

Another question - who has a website to track the piece with pictures and
such

I could put together a simple website or someone could set up a blog which...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500