Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
Forum: Quilting February 17th 15, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Where can I buy the metal rods to make the stems?

http://www.celticquilts.com/bias-bars/

The metal ones get very hot. I like these better-

http://www.connectingthreads.com/Tools/Quilters_No-Melt_Press_Bars_-_Set_of_5__D82196.HTML

Leslie & The...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 14, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Garden Quilt Update

Another advantage to back stitching a few stitches is to keep the fabric from being shoved into the hole in the plate by the needle. Start your stitching about 1/4 inch (or even a tad more!)in from...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 14, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Garden Quilt Update

http://blog.shopmartingale.com/quilting-sewing/how-to-sew-flying-geese/

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/No-Waste-Flying-Geese-Quilt-Pattern.htm

I searched for 'flying geese in...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 14, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Garden Quilt Update

ummmm..... "tying all those strings"??? Are you tying the quilt sandwich or piecing? I'm confused. As usual. ;-)

And there are several speed piecing techniques for flying geese. If you are...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 14, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Long sashing strips query...

When I have to piece a saching or border, I either stick in a block from the quilt (a miniature sized- scaled down- block if necessary) or a piece of another fabric in the quilt or the...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 14, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Close-out fabric sale at Big Horn Quilts

This copied from an email I received from Big Horn Quilts-

Happy Fathers Day!

Well, Dave and I finally caught up with all the orders from our first sale announcement and got the website updated to...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 14, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
What kind of batting do you use?

I'm curious about the quilting closer makes it warmer idea. Thinking of insulation in a house you want a thick layer to trap air and hold in warmth- and the insulation is some kind of thick fluffy...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 14, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
What kind of batting do you use?

Hancock's of Paducah used to have a chart of the various battings in their catalog- I couldn't find the chart on their website. I saw they also have down battings for sale online. I wasn't brave...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 14, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
What kind of batting do you use?

Jeepers! I buy Warm & Natural by the bolt when Joann has it 50% off... and that's all I use. Quilts made with it are heavy to lift and I find them to be very warm. I admit- I wash the batting in...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 13, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Quilted Christmas Tree

Take that dead tree branch and hang empty printer ink cartridges on it. Now sing along "...and a cartridge in a bare tree..."

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Friday, December 27, 2013 9:03:41 PM...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 13, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Why I LOVE Warm & Natural!

Four-plus years ago, I took two pieces of heavy-ish cotton fabric- 2 yards each by approx. 40 in. wide- layered them with a piece of Warm & Natural batting and sewed it all together with the pillow...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 13, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Read it and shudder...

BTW You can use your big rotary ruler to draw a grid on the cardboard for evenly spaced placement of the nails.

Leslie

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:04:08 AM UTC-6, Ursula Schrader wrote:
or...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 13, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Read it and shudder...

Ursula-

Rotary cutters are available with various blades- scalloped, wavy, etc. You can make your own 'piercer'. You'd need a flat surface- I'm thinking a heavy, dense cardboard to size- large...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 13, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
OT Wowwowwowwow!

No one could be more deserving than you and your family. Congrats on your new treasure. Enjoy!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.hunkering down for another ice storm tomorrow :-(

On Thursday,...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 13, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Caryl Breyer-Fallert

http://www.bryerpatch.com/news/StudioSale/BryerpatchStudioTour.htm

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:09:46 AM UTC-6, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Did y'all...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 13, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Caryl Breyer-Fallert

Did y'all know that Caryl remarried and is selling her home/studio/classrooms/ gallery/retail store in Paducah and moving to Washington state? If we have any kajillionaires on here this is your...
Forum: Quilting December 5th 13, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
OT too quiet

Taria, southern Missouri was 72 degrees and humid yesterday. It felt warm and 'soft' outside- delightful for December. Today is mid-20s and windy with frozen rain/sleet! Talk about a shock from...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 13, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
PING Jo caramel apples

This is a really cool but different take on caramel apples. You may want to try this instead of the ones with the caramel sliding off ;-) for ease of eating plus the...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 13, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
sewing machines vs. piano accordions

Cuz you'd trip over the electrical cord while walking and sewing? ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in glorious autumn MO.

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:42:25 PM UTC-5, Jack Campin wrote:
In the...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 13, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
OT - Favourite caramel recipe for caramel apples?

My caramel making experience is that the longer you cook it the chewier it gets- as in cooking it to a few degrees hotter than what you've been doing. If you don't use a candy thermometer (which I...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 13, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
How do you get age spots out?

This 13 yr. old golden oldie reply has to be the best one yet! LOL Where *do* they dig these up???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Thursday, June 8, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Lenora C wrote:
I...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

For a really thin piping type border, this is by far the most easy and accurate way to get one:

Trim and square up the quilt top. For a 1/8 inch width piping cut strips at 3/4 inch. Sew the...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 13, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
OT - Chocolate cupcake recipe?

Here we go again, but this message is only EIGHT years old. Where do they dig these up? LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in flooded

On Saturday, July 2, 2005 2:02:10 PM UTC-5, Johanna Gibson wrote:
Forum: Quilting July 28th 13, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Quilts in Movies...

I always wonder where these folks dig up the rctq ancient posts??? And why doesn't the date catch their attention before they reply?

But then quilters are a sharing bunch.... maybe better late...
Forum: Quilting July 21st 13, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Use for Postcard Sleeves?

There was a craze for making fabric postcards a few years back but it seems to have fizzled for the most part. The size for the fabric postcards is 4 in. X 6 in. and your sleeves are a bit smaller...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500