Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Violet Stitches
Forum: Needlework November 21st 17, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Violet Stitches
A finish!

Awesome Joan! I can't wait to see the pics of your finished piece. I love looking at people's finishes, and it gives me all sorts of ideas about how to improve my own stitching/fabric...
Forum: Needlework November 5th 17, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Violet Stitches
Too funny!

was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
On the box someone had written, "needle point
string". LOL!

My hubby also calls my stitching "needlepoint," and my floss...
Forum: Needlework October 31st 17, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Violet Stitches
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

Maybe check for petit point patterns. IIRC, those are all stitched over
one. I know there are a lot of jewelry patterns.

Excellent idea...you know, to stitch something which was DESIGNED to...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 17, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Violet Stitches
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

If you have a big enough piece of fabric I would mount the finished piece using a pre-stretched artist canvas. (Think modern paintings where the artist paints the sides of the pre-stretched canvas...
Forum: Needlework October 24th 17, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Violet Stitches
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

Pretty fabric! If you did it with the pinkish part on the bottom and
yellowish part on top (assuming all the pieces they dye are 1/2 yellow &
1/w pink), I think it would complement nicely.
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 17, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Violet Stitches
New DMC colors

A few months ago I got down to a stash of 14 charts, at which point I decided I would allow myself to enhance my stash A LITTLE. Somehow that sent me off the rails and now I can't stop myself....
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 17, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Violet Stitches
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

At 18 ct. I would use petite beads, which I don't think would really fit
if you did it 1 over 1.

Thanks Joan for your input! You know I didn't even consider how the beads wouldn't fit if I...
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 17, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Violet Stitches
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

I bought the pattern for Mirabilia's Petal Fairy, see it he
http://www.123stitch.com/item/Mirabilia-Designs-Petal-Fairy-Cross-Stitch-Pattern/04-3255

Now I'm contemplating what to do. I have a...
Forum: Needlework October 17th 17, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Violet Stitches
New DMC colors

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 9:58:31 AM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:
Hi all,

I just got an email that said DMC is coming out with 35 new colors! You
can get them in a special tin now or...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 17, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Violet Stitches
Nordic Needle

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 10:28:09 AM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:

Ha! Arliss sent me that link (what a great price!) so, on her
recommendation, I ordered it yesterday. Won't be here for...
Forum: Needlework October 8th 17, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Violet Stitches
Nordic Needle

I was very fortunate to get a 'Lowery' stand knock off
years ago, made by a local man.

Wow, lucky you!
Forum: Needlework October 8th 17, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Violet Stitches
A Finish!

On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 5:33:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:

It was a drawn thread sampler, so it included hardanger (with the cut
out threads) It seems to me someone was giving a...
Forum: Needlework October 8th 17, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Violet Stitches
Nordic Needle

I got a Lowery floor stand almost 20 years ago and I still find it to be
the one I like best of the 4 I have. I am currently working on Dyan
Allaire's of Kustom Krafts, Santa's Helpers. ...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 17, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Violet Stitches
Nordic Needle

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 10:28:43 AM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:

Yeah, ours has really gone downhill, too. :( With a 1st prize of $3,
though, it's not much of an incentive when it...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 17, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Violet Stitches
Nordic Needle

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 2:58:09 PM UTC-5, sharoncapps wrote:
I was stunned when I got my mail today and I had an invitation from Nordic
Needle for a closing sale.

Another one bites...
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 17, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Violet Stitches
A Finish!

Lol, we had a craze for them back then but in reality they were the
way young girls learned their stitching for the future, historically
they are quite interesting to read about, for sure there...
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 17, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Violet Stitches
A Finish!

Loved seeing the pics...thanks for posting them. I like how your great g-ma's sampler is clearly designed by a young girl who chose her own colors. You just don't see stuff like that done anymore, as...
Forum: Needlework August 30th 17, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Violet Stitches
A Finish!

I prefer to frame them. Sharon in MN

That's my preference too, though wall space is a huge issue in my open floor plan house (because there's no interior walls!). If I were ever to move I...
Forum: Needlework August 27th 17, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Violet Stitches
GRRRRRR!

I find this to be a particular problem with Mill Hill cross stitch kits on perforated paper. Their patterns are done right, it's just that I forget to look at the "number of threads used" part. Now I...
Forum: Needlework August 27th 17, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Violet Stitches
A Finish!

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 7:29:03 AM UTC-5, Rich wrote:
I finished stitching the Ivory Billed Woodpecker by Crossed Wings
Designs. (forgot to include this one in my count from earlier...
Forum: Needlework August 27th 17, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Violet Stitches
New stash!

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 7:25:07 AM UTC-5, Rich wrote: I have 160 patterns, including 71 I have stitched. Plus 5
or 6 patterns kitted up with fabric and thread.

I can't believe I...
Forum: Needlework August 2nd 17, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Violet Stitches
Anyone in MN?

Thank you for letting me know Carol. I'm disabled and can't make it to the Twin Cities on my own...but about once a year a can hitch a ride up there. I'll look up some of the groups you mentioned!
Forum: Needlework July 29th 17, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Violet Stitches
New stash!

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 7:49:25 AM UTC-5, Rich wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 04:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Violet Stitches
wrote:

So come clean ladies...how big...
Forum: Needlework July 29th 17, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Violet Stitches
New stash!

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 4:25:00 PM UTC-5, Barb L wrote:

http://periwinkleink.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8351351fb53ef016760eed6f9970b-500wi

love that mermaid wow

I know, she's so...
Forum: Needlework July 27th 17, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Violet Stitches
New stash!

I'm usually just a one-at-a-time stitcher but I currently have 1
knitting and 1 cs project going (and some crocheted crosses that I do
only occasionally).

Oh my gosh, you're a monogamous...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57