Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joan E.
Forum: Needlework March 22nd 11, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Joan E.
Someone's birthday!!!

Although she's probably done celebrating (not sure about the time
difference), it is Joyce's b-d today!

Join in, everyone!

Happy Birthday to you,
Haaappy Biiiirthday toooo yoooouuuu,
Happyyyy...
Forum: Needlework March 21st 11, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan E.
Cross Stitch Question

On Mar 18, 4:00*pm, Tia Mary wrote:

* * Now, since Joan mentioned that she didn't really understand what
petit point is, I will give the explanation that I was taught by...
Forum: Needlework March 18th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan E.
Cross Stitch Question

On Mar 17, 7:25*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:
I have a silly question so hope you'll all be patient. Until recently I
have been a petit point fanatic....
Forum: Needlework March 2nd 11, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Joan E.
Prize Winner

On Mar 1, 4:18*pm, Sharon wrote:
I'm so thrilled - I won 1st prize in my category for Mermaids of the
Deep Blue by Mirabilia at the local Needlework Show. *It can be seen
Forum: Needlework February 28th 11, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 44
Posted By Joan E.
RCTN Posts

On Feb 25, 7:59*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

One of those days when Sheena & I agree. *We've resisted joining FB, and
while I know that we sort of miss out on some connection...
Forum: Needlework February 24th 11, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By Joan E.
A small whine

On Feb 23, 9:19*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

Hmm - watched "The Cape" for the first time the other night - not sure.
Will have to go back and see the first couple of episodes....
Forum: Needlework February 22nd 11, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By Joan E.
A small whine

On Feb 20, 8:37*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates. *

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones...
Forum: Needlework February 18th 11, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By Joan E.
A small whine

On Feb 15, 9:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my...
Forum: Needlework February 6th 11, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan E.
OT - groaner

On Feb 4, 4:47*am, Bruce wrote:
Q: Why did the snail have an S painted on her sports car?
A: So that people would say, "Look at that S-car go!"

Wow, Bruce. ...
Forum: Needlework February 2nd 11, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 35
Posted By Joan E.
OK - time for a round of WHAT ARE YOU STITCHING

On Feb 1, 5:03*pm, "Susan Binns" wrote:
I'm working on a BH&G heirloom stocking for my nephew, and a huge Artecy
piece of the Grand Canal in Venice for a friend of...
Forum: Needlework February 2nd 11, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 35
Posted By Joan E.
OK - time for a round of WHAT ARE YOU STITCHING

On Jan 31, 2:21*pm, "Joan E." wrote:

Last night I kitted up Carol Singers (Victoria Sampler) and managed to
mark centers and started whip stitching around the edges...
Forum: Needlework January 31st 11, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 35
Posted By Joan E.
OK - time for a round of WHAT ARE YOU STITCHING

On Jan 29, 7:57*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

NEXT

Good timing, Cheryl!

Over the weekend I finished stitching all the baptismal cloths. Still
need to fringe, wash and iron...
Forum: Needlework January 25th 11, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Joan E.
OT : Nature TV Show Rant

On Jan 24, 3:55*pm, Tia Mary wrote:

* *I absolutely abhor the tacky "reality" crap --

I do, too, with one exception: Undercover Boss. I like that the CEO
(or whoever) finds...
Forum: Needlework January 24th 11, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
What to do what to do

On Jan 22, 8:12*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

The snow missed us - woo hoo. *But it's cold out - about 15 here with the
wind, 28 air. *Tonight it's supposed to be single...
Forum: Needlework January 19th 11, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Joan E.
Plans for a snow NH day

On Jan 18, 8:15*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Is some serious stitching time.

We didn't have much snow, but the wind blew like crazy and it was
waaaay below zero wind chills. ...
Forum: Needlework January 19th 11, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Joan E.
Keepsake Needlearts

On Jan 18, 1:39*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:

I wonder if there are so few stitchers around then, or if the big box
stores (Michael's etc) have killed the...
Forum: Needlework January 13th 11, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan E.
Forgot to share this

On Jan 12, 1:38*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:

Looking forward to it. *On this topic - we've been going thru and clearing
out the boxes of treasure (and trash) sitting in our...
Forum: Needlework January 12th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 12, 1:27*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:

I was thinking of you - as I'm finally clearing up my office and found the
Horse kit to send you, as well as something for Cheryl -...
Forum: Needlework January 12th 11, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 12, 6:50*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Yes and thank you!

I have put a post-it on the pattern. Otherwise I'd never remember in
that far-distant future (or with me,...
Forum: Needlework January 12th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 11, 6:43*pm, wrote:

Northern Pines is Linda Lachance isn't it ? *If so I did her
butterflies and winter panes.

Yes, she's the designer.

Forum: Needlework January 11th 11, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 11, 8:33*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Another one tempting me in the catalog is:
http://www.nordicneedle.com/PROD//1635E.html

*I want this - don't have the time...
Forum: Needlework January 11th 11, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 10, 9:18*pm, Nancy wrote:

The bookmark is taking long enough and is big enough
for me. *I've two others and if I ever get them all done
I'll probably frame them and...
Forum: Needlework January 11th 11, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 10, 2:01*pm, Nancy wrote:

I don't know which one Blossom is working on but I am working
on one of Cross Stitch Collectibles (Fractal 53) "bookmarks,"

Ah, maybe *you're*...
Forum: Needlework January 10th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Joan E.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

On Jan 9, 10:15*am, Blossom wrote:
Although now, I'm wondering if the good
caribbean sunlight would be helpful for stitching on my fractal
pattern (silly me, started it...
Forum: Needlework January 6th 11, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan E.
OT - Another Birthday

On Jan 5, 7:54*am, Janet wrote:
Today is Tia Mary's birthday. *Happy Birthday, Mary!!

Yikes! I missed it! Thanks for posting this Janet.

Happy Birthday to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500