Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Betsy
Forum: Needlework March 18th 13, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Betsy
off topic = but some one will know

On 3/14/2013 10:39 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
a way to patch a pair of jeans that have split along the back pocket.
They're "stretch denim" and so far two different brands of iron on patch
have...
Forum: Needlework July 26th 12, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Betsy
my eyes are going....

On 7/25/2012 11:57 AM, betsey wrote:

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

Wow, me too! I didn't expect that we would have an exact match there.

My youngest is 4...
Forum: Needlework July 25th 12, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Betsy
my eyes are going....

On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote:
thank you everyone for the advice! will visit walmart today and see
what they have. i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott...
Forum: Needlework July 24th 12, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Betsy
my eyes are going....

On 7/23/2012 4:58 AM, betsey wrote:
i haven't done any cross stitch/linen work in years. over vacation, i
finished the cross stitching on my son's shepherd's bush stocking
(hey, he's 10!). and...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 12, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Betsy
Tumbling Monkeys Finished

On 6/25/2012 4:32 PM, Louise in Iowa wrote:
I just finished a quilt for my great niece. It was from Quiltmaker
magazine, and the minute I saw it, I knew exactly who to make it for.
Those...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/3/2012 2:53 AM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
What a super first quilt, much more impressive than mine. The borders
work really, really well. I love the story behind it and you deserve a
round of...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/3/2012 2:38 AM, Roberta wrote:
Wow, what a story! (It really made me laugh :-) You are fearless!

Maybe insane would be a better adjective.

love the quilt, hope it raised lots of...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/2/2012 10:40 PM, larchie wrote:
I'm a lurker too, for a lot longer time than you I think. You did really
well, nobody would guess that was a first quilt. Congratulations. You
will discove...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Betsy
GUESS WHAT????????

On 2/3/2012 8:41 PM, Butterfly-Wings wrote:
Guess who is allowed to sew for 10 minutes
Total. between tomorrow and the next Dr visit on Tues?

IF and only IF, we can figure out a way to put...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Betsy
GUESS WHAT????????

On 2/4/2012 5:35 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Sounds like a plan that will enjoy my newly-learned skills with: Duct
tape, bungee cords and SuperGlue. Mr. Esther and I will come supervise.
Weren't...
Forum: Quilting February 4th 12, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Betsy
OT Making you smarter

On 2/3/2012 5:30 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
I am going to type this real slow so those of you who are not so bright
will be able to grasp it. Making just a few tiny garments for expected
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 12, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/2/2012 2:54 PM, Pat S wrote:
Hi Betsy
Never be intimidated by quilts you see - just aspire (if you want to!)
or remember that everyone likes to make different kinds of quilts.

I aspire,...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 12, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/2/2012 6:38 PM, Kate in MI wrote:
Betsy -- it turned out just GREAT! I love the angels! I'm sure the kids
had fun selecting the fabric for their own angel!

Thanks, my younger children are...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 12, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/2/2012 4:00 PM, IMS wrote:

Love the colors and love the little angels. If this is your first
attempt I can't wait to see your creations a year from now, this one
is gorgeous.

Forum: Quilting February 2nd 12, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

On 2/2/2012 3:04 PM, Julia in MN wrote:
Beautiful! What an adventure for a first quilt!

Julia in MN

Thank you, it is probably a good thing I had a deadline, or it could
have taken...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 12, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Betsy
My First Quilt

Hi,

I've been lurking here a bit and have been inspired and intimidated
by the amazing quilts many here have made.

I just made my first quilt and thought I would share the experience.
It...
Forum: Sewing March 4th 10, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
Posted By Betsy
A quick gift idea.

BEI Design wrote:
John wrote:

Here you go:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gSpbgoiNy4bkxEL6Rhl0EQ?feat=directlink

John

Very nice, John. Although I 'confess', I thought it...
Forum: Sewing April 29th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 9
Posted By Betsy
Need a new machine, but which one?

Pogonip wrote:

An older Pfaff is a hard machine to beat. My favorite in the buttonhole
department was the older Singers that you just dropped the button into
the foot, and it made a...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18