Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack Campin[_2_]
Forum: Quilting September 5th 17, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
Nancy Zieman

I've never seen one of her shows, but it seems she was one of
the good...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 16, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
Rhoda

Elizabeth Bennefeld wrote:
Some of you may remember Rhoda (Rhoda's gallery of quilts, now
moved to rhodaberry on wordpress). I am sorry to share with you
that Rhoda...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 16, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
fabric colour of the day: isabelline

From another newsgroup...

From Michael Quinion this week:

"Isabelline refers to a colour. The dictionaries variously describe it
as greyish-yellow, light buff, pale cream-brown, dingy yellowish...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 16, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
Handi Quilter Sixteen clamps

Alexandra K wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the 4 clamps used
to hold the brackets to the table for this quilting system?

If you mean the things in...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 16, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
EU flag motif fabric

Google is not finding this for me.

I'm sure there must be such a thing as blue fabric with a close
repeat of the EU stars. Good cotton so it would make a shirt.

All I can find is photoshops of...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 15, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
"sea silk", aka byssus from Sardinia

I doubt this stuff is ever going to feature in a quilt, but it's
the most remarkable story about a textile craft I've read in a
long time:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33691781

I like the way...
Forum: Quilting February 25th 14, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
disordered hyperuniformity in chicken retinas

This looks like an interesting idea for a quilt...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140224124212.htm

....but I've got no idea how you'd do it. Some sort of random
decision maker like a...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 14, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
Wool and allergies

"Polly Esther" wrote:
Now that we are a bit smarter (?), even the event 'allergic' gives us pause
for thought or backing off and reconsidering. My sister is / was...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 14, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
Wool and allergies

Wool has gotten a reputation, mostly because of cheap wool. Cheaper
wools are usually the coarser wools. Coarse wools can feel prickly
and scratchy on the skin.

My parents used to make...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 13, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
sewing machines vs. piano accordions

Which got me thinking. They weigh about the same; maybe the accordion
is a bit heavier, it's an old and very-high-end model with about 500
reeds inside it. But accordionists just stand up...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 13, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
sewing machines vs. piano accordions

In the last couple of weeks I have twice carried large heavy objects
between this village and the middle of Edinburgh. One was an old
piano accordion I've just bought and the other was Marion's...
Forum: Quilting May 26th 13, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
OT - Recipes which use olive oil or balsamic vinegar?

I received olive oil for Christmas - went to the cupboard and
I already have 3 bottles of it! Plus 2 bottles of balsamic
vinegar. Clearly I'm not using it as fast as I am receiving it.
Do...
Forum: Quilting May 25th 13, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
OT the electric went off front yard jamboree

NightMist wrote:
Got asked elsewhere so I figured what the heck I'll post it here
too. This is Cold Haily Windy Night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWFloaNjhs

Forum: Quilting September 28th 12, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
OT crawly things

Fortunately DH went through floppy eared sheepish and "I meant to do
that" very rapidly, and got to laughing at the foolishness of it.
I think he is now in the process of writing "The Slug...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 11, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
holiday booked for next year

We're just back from the Whitby Folk Week (on the coast of Yorkshire
in England).
We have just booked our accommodation for next year (it's scarce,
you have to get in early).
Try...
Forum: Quilting September 4th 11, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Campin[_2_]
holiday booked for next year

We're just back from the Whitby Folk Week (on the coast of Yorkshire
in England).

We have just booked our accommodation for next year (it's scarce,
you have to get in early).

Try this on Google...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16