Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jane Kay
Forum: Quilting September 11th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Jane Kay
Sewing room-also The World's Greatest Mother-in-Law

Today The World's Greatest Mother-in-Law came to my house for the third or
fourth time to help me clear up my "sewing room". She has always been
TWGMIL but this is way above & beyond the call of...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 08, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 72
Posted By Jane Kay
Color test

You could blame it on you monitor, you know. Maybe it is just not
representing the colors accurately?
Jane in NE Ohio

"Debra" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 72
Posted By Jane Kay
Color test

Linda posted this on the Quiltersbee list. I thought you all might be
interested

Jane in NE Ohio

Here is a color test for all quilters....
Forum: Quilting August 13th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Jane Kay
Starflake - what I came up with

WOW!
What a super quilt

Jane in NE Ohio

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Here's what I came up with for the head of...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Jane Kay
OT something smells

If you think a product has caused an adverse health reaction you can write
(or maybe E-Mail) that company. in the US they have to release info in a
"Material Safety Data Sheet" - MSDS- that tells...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Jane Kay
Theme for August?

Sun, heat, swimming, beaches, summer romances, lawn mowing, corn in tassel,
wheat harvest, fishing

Jane in NE Ohio

"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Jane Kay
looking for advise on topic

Good sellers around here are sturdy shopping bags, small handbags, cell
phone necklaces (like a chatelaine only for a cell) and anything John Deere,
Corvette, or NASCAR- lap quilts, baby quilts,...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jane Kay
thyroid meds- was: PING-Karen (Queen of the Squishies)

Thyroid meds should help you lose weight, not gain. The big weight gain
drugs are the steroids and some antidepressants. Are your thyroid meds
generic? Some formulas have the right amount of the...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Jane Kay
Searching for a sweing tool

I don't know the name either, but I saw someone do circles by poking a flat
head thumbtack up through masking tape(poke from the sticky side to the dry
side.) Then tape the thumbtack as far to the...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Jane Kay
Sampler layouts

I like a layout with square blocks that alternate with a big half square
triangle block. If you set it up right the sample blocks look like they are
set in diagonal rows of dark & light. I've also...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By Jane Kay
VERY OT International traveling???

Bottled water IS very popular in the US. I live in a rural area with a lot
of iron in the water- use a special filter so my laundry doesn't turn
orange, and a pitcher with a taste & odor filter for...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Jane Kay
Knitted Panel

What an elegant version of cables! I am so impressed.

Jane in NE Ohio

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Here is the...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Jane Kay
The mind of a sewer.

Some list I was on recommended "sewist" instead of "sewer". There was a low
of talk about a "sewer" looking too much like drain.

Jane in NE Ohio

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Jane Kay
What happened to Home Ec??? was OTOT fashion whine

I'm going to really date myself here...
DS#1 is almost 30 now. I was appalled at what passed for Home Ec in Jr. High
when he was there. They had co-ed Home-Ec and Shop, didn't spend enough time
at...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Jane Kay
Freemotion quilting in humid weather?

One thing that might help- if you have some waxed paper tear off a sheet and
rub it over the machine and table where the fabric touches. When I was a kid
we used to sit on a piece of waxed paper on...
Forum: Quilting April 17th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Jane Kay
lights- I can't believe I bought so many

3 weeks ago my sister asked me to get a folding screen for her at the Big
Lots in Mentor Ohio cause it wouldn't fit in Sis's car. I went there on a
Saturday and got the screen, but also bought a...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Jane Kay
Photo on fabric

Do you use any product like Bubble Jet Set to pretreat the cloth so as to
"fix" the ink?

Jane in cold & rainy NE Ohio

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting November 12th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Jane Kay
Sweet Chilli Cheese Dip was What's your favourite meal??

Hey
I do that with jalapeno pepper jelly or sometime Major Gray's Chutney (mash
up the big lumps first). I also plan to try it with roasted garlic &
balsamic vinegar 'cause I had a dip that tasted...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Jane Kay
Houston Winners

Why are people so impressed with whole cloth quilts and so down painted
quilts and "cheater panels"? That the paint on Hollis' quilt is mostly
thread is really a Wow! for me, but if an art quilt is...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 64
Posted By Jane Kay
OT reception planning

I went to three weddings over the summer- 1 niece and 2 were friends of our
children. Another niece was a bridesmaid in all 3.

1. The bridesmaids will be happier if their dresses can be worn again...
Forum: Quilting October 29th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Jane Kay
quilt books

On the other hand----there are more fingers. (Sorry, I just like that line.)
I have a friend who has the spine cut off of all her paperbound books and
then gets them punched and plastic ring binders...
Forum: Quilting October 29th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Jane Kay
OT time change (whine)

I have to work next Saturday & Sunday nights- so it will be a 13.5 hour
shift instead of 12.5 hours. We all (nurses)have to guess when to adjust our
medication passes, and at least 1 day shift...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Jane Kay
grape stencil

The website for Quiltmaker magazine has many free quilting motifs.
http://quiltmaker.com/motifs/
You could draw your own wine bottles and/or glasses.

Jane in NE Ohio

--
Please note that we have...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What kind of needle are you using? Needles for metallic thread have a bigger
eye. Please don't loosen the feet. It is the tension that may need to be
loosened

Jane in NE Ohio

--
Please note that...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You know someone who wastes *perfectly good turkey broth* by making soup?!
What is wrong with them? "Everyone Knows" that all flavored liquid that can
be derived from a turkey carcass MUST be used...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67