Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: S
Forum: Quilting July 11th 06, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By S
quilter's gloves

I love my Machinigers. Can't quilt without them. They grip the fabric
and keep it from going away. I don't have a lot of sensation in the
tips of my fingers -- sometimes none at all. With these...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 06, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By S
flower basket block

I understand how simple it is, but when I start reading stuff like
"divide by the grid number" I'm lost. Do you count the lines or the
spaces? If the lines, does it include the beginning and ending...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 06, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By S
Now it's a race........

Thank you so much for the prayers and good wishes and support. A
situation has arisen that I never imagined. My friend has developed a
bacterial infection and been moved into an infectious ward. We...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 06, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 77
Posted By S
How far is TOO far?

Dear Val,
How on earth did you know about my stapline quilting method?????? ;)

Thanks for a wonderful post. I love your perspective and your sense of
humor. Also your apparent generosity with...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 06, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By S
OH Bother!!!

Kathy, I'm really impressed with the quilt, even in it's unfinished
state. If it was mine, there would be a massive warp and the triangles
would some be different angles and......I'd never take on a...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 06, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By S
Hi! Can I play too?

Hi BJ,

I'm new too -- just unlurked in the last week or two. This is a
friendly place. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'm still
learning names and other significant information, like...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By S
its official!!!!!

I love lime green too! thank goodness the new lines of fabric t his
year have good colors and amazing designs. Of course, the prices are
climbing too -- saw one or two sites where the "good stuff"...
Forum: Quilting July 8th 06, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By S
Now it's a race........

I'm a lousy friend. Sylvia has been fighting breast cancer as long as
I've known her -- about 18 months. I never though to make a quilt for
her. Suddenly, she's gone from fighting to losing. They...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 06, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By S
Sunflower Happy Dance

Wow! What a gorgeous quilt, I love the sun flowers. Hey, I've got an
idea about where to store it in the winter.... sunflower quilt -- my
name is Sunny, you see where I'm going........sunflowers --...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 06, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By S
attn Sunny Caught up on BOMs!

Thank you! I printed out the first two months and will get started
tomorrow.

Sunny

maryd wrote:
Here's the most recent posting on BOM. Around the first of each month
Dannielle posts the new...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 06, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By S
Caught up on BOMs!

Great blocks! I love the fabric choices and the result is just
gorgeous. Now a question: where do I find the BOM?
Sunny

Sandy Foster wrote:
In article...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 77
Posted By S
How far is TOO far?

I don't know if I have the quilting "chops" to comment, but here goes
anyway.....
I love some of the art quilts and wish fervantly that someday I will
develop the artistic sensibility and skills to...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By S
To wash or not to wash?

Question: when giving a quilt for a gift, do you wash it first or not?
I love the way quilts look after that first wash, but I don't know what
the proper etiquette is for giving. What do you all...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By S
Uggg!!!!!!

Barbar ((((((((((( hug ))))))))))))). I can't really make any
recommendations about the quilt, but as it is being made with love and
for a reason so close to your heart, I bet it's going to be...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By S
Interesting sewing site

ROFL -- Good to know I'm not the only "little old lady" quilter who
indulges in MMORPGs too. I got hooked when I checked out UO for my sons
when they were young enough that I worried about them...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By S
A newbie :)

Dear Pat,
Wow, so glad to hear that you'll be the chocolate quality control for
the group!! ;) I love chocolate, but lately I've become a
caramelaholic. Anybody else into really great caramel? I...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By S
Baby Quilt Update & Happy Dance

Hi Mini,

I was amazed when I looked at the photos of your beautiful baby quilt.
I just got the pieces cut out for a baby g ift that will be almost the
same quilt! I hope mine turns out as beautiful....
Forum: Quilting July 4th 06, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By S
New Quilt Photos

Tia Mary, what beautiful quilts. I'm inspired by your remake of the
second quilt. I have one, pieced by my long-deceased Meemaw and then
quilted by my MIL (who is a dear, dear woman). It's falling...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 06, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By S
A newbie :)

ACK! I left out the link, lol ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16989612@N00/?saved=1

Thanks for all the warm welcome! I did post in one thread a week or so
ago, asking a question. Double hello to...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By S
A newbie :)

Hi, I'm sort of introducing myself. My name is Sunny. I'm running hard
at 50 and just started quilting a couple years ago. My health took a
turn south and I couldn't work anymore, so the perpetually...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20