Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nyssa
Forum: Sewing April 5th 14, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Posted By Nyssa
Montgomery Ward model # UHT J1460

Shezzy wrote:

Anyone happen to have a manual they would be willing to
share with me ? Inherited this machine from my brother but
no manual any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Forum: Needlework March 9th 14, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Nyssa
Knitting a Patch

wrote:

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 15:45:38 -0800 (PST), Monica Ferris
wrote:

I know this isn't a knitting forum, but I'm hoping some of
you can help me. ...
Forum: Needlework February 17th 14, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Nyssa
How Can You Tell An Antique from A Copy?

Karen C wrote:

Monica Ferris wrote:

If someone brought to you a dirty, stained piece of linen
in a broken frame and you saw it was a sampler dated
1882, how could you tell it was...
Forum: Needlework March 15th 13, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Nyssa
I'm Baaa-aack!

Monica Ferris wrote:

After a long time away, I've decided to give RCTN another
try. I write the Betsy Devonshire needlework mysteries -
sixteen titles published! I'm feeling a little dry...
Forum: Needlework January 5th 13, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Nyssa
wichelt discontinued fabric

kmcenheimer wrote:

I am trying to locate Home Sweet Home fabric that has been
discontinued. I made an afghan many years ago from Country
Stich called Town Square Afghan andwould like to...
Forum: Needlework August 28th 12, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Nyssa
need my ladies with long memories

ndjoan wrote:

On 8/25/2012 9:22 AM, wrote:

I still do that so that I can use them decoratively, else
who would
see them ? I have even explained this to my kids...
Forum: Yarn July 20th 12, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Nyssa
Blocking boards

marya48 wrote:

responding to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Blocking-boards-61297-.htm marya48
wrote:

Nyssa wrote:

This newsgroup is seriously in need of some life support, so
Forum: Needlework July 16th 12, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
just a quick off topic note

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 7/16/12 8:00 AM, Nancy Spera wrote:
On 7/16/2012 7:22 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'll post more later but I got a real treat while dropping DD
of at camp...
Forum: Yarn May 20th 12, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Nyssa
materials for knitting socks

talenknot wrote:

I wanted to start a knitting project and knit socks for my
entire family, but I'm a bit new when it comes to yarn (most of
my projects have mainly been in sewing :P). I've...
Forum: Yarn May 10th 12, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Nyssa
Blocking boards

This newsgroup is seriously in need of some life support, so here goes.

I've recently gotten back into lace knitting, but I'm starting to reach the
limits of size on the piece of foam core board...
Forum: Needlework February 20th 12, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Nyssa
Ping: Nyssa

sara wrote:

This is what I'm stitching on the navy Jobelan.

Sara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bmciowa/6903056943/
Forum: Needlework November 5th 11, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 18
Posted By Nyssa
Open note to shops

Sara wrote:

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:13:24 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

In that case, you have my full sympathy. And just what fabric, you
never know one of us...
Forum: Needlework September 22nd 11, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Nyssa
Favorite stitching saying?

Joan E. wrote:

On Sep 22, 9:18 am, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Joan E. wrote:
I'm working on a small project which has an opening about 1 1/4" x 2
1/5". I'm looking for...
Forum: Needlework June 19th 11, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
New freebies and website re-work

Gillian Murray wrote:

Nyssa,

I think of you every two or three months when pull out the UFO's and all
I have to finish is Jim's hang-a-long. All I have do are the Smyrna
crosses with the...
Forum: Needlework June 18th 11, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
New freebies and website re-work

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Funny - I was wondering about you just the other day. I think I have all
the sachet bags charts waiting for a good excuse to stitch them.

Cheryl

On 6/15/11 11:57...
Forum: Needlework June 16th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
New freebies and website re-work

Liz from Humbug wrote:

On Jun 15, 8:57 am, Nyssa wrote:
After procrastinating forever about updating my poor, neglected
website, I finally got around to doing a bunch...
Forum: Needlework June 16th 11, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
New freebies and website re-work

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Nyssa, you have 137 errors and 7 warnings on your front page. To see
what these are, go to: http://validator.w3.org/ and input your URL.

I'm currently getting my...
Forum: Needlework June 15th 11, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Nyssa
New freebies and website re-work

After procrastinating forever about updating my poor, neglected
website, I finally got around to doing a bunch of re-programming over
the weekend when my 'net access was down and it was too hot to...
Forum: Needlework January 29th 11, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Nyssa
Elizabeth Designs looking for a new home

wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:08:31 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Oh dear - now I need to go check which ones I don't have in case you...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 18
Posted By Nyssa
Michaels going bankrupt?

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 3/12/09 8:18 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 11,...
Forum: Needlework January 13th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Nyssa
My weekend - first the hockey part, then the on topic part

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

NOW - the on topic part.

I've been trying to work on a chart for DD, honoring her love of the game.
Got her, in gear, stick in hand, looks good, discarded the helmet or...
Forum: Needlework December 9th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Nyssa
stash knowledge

Gillian Murray wrote:

Nyssa wrote:
Queencityxstitcher wrote:

anne wrote:
Although I've got a lot of stuff, it is nowhere near what long term stitchers
have accumulated....
Forum: Needlework December 9th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Nyssa
stash knowledge

Queencityxstitcher wrote:

anne wrote:
Although I've got a lot of stuff, it is nowhere near what long term stitchers
have accumulated. Yesterday, I wanted to experiment with angelina fibers...
Forum: Needlework December 6th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Nyssa
Slightly OT - searching for fabric

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/6/08 12:17 AM, in article
, "Marianne T."
wrote:

I am looking for NHL Hockey team fabric,...
Forum: Needlework October 21st 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Nyssa
Where is Celebration of Needlework Fall 2009?

Debbie Rice wrote:

(United States) Does anyone know where next year's fall Celebration of
Needlework is being held? This year was my hometown of Louisville but they
were supposed to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52