Showing results 1 to 25 of 335
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brenda Lewis
Forum: Needlework March 13th 07, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Lewis
get over it already! WAS: xst baby present

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Thank you for the Second time in this subject Pat,
I again thank you for asking how i was , and i thank you for
correcting Brenda`s mistake,

Why don't you try...
Forum: Needlework March 13th 07, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Lewis
xst baby present

Pat P wrote:
Er - In all fairnesss, Mirjam didn`t start this one, Brenda! It was someone
else who most unreasonably picked on her for using what is a perfectly
normal term for young...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Lewis
xst baby present

Karen C - California wrote:
The baby present isn't XStd (the grandmother insisted on making the
birth sampler, if you can imagine!g), but the housewarming gift is.

Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Brenda Lewis
OT - don't do it!!!

lewmew wrote:
Check your speakers - my kids have been known to turn the knob on them
as high as it will go

The speakers are out of everyone's reach and haven't been touched in
over two years...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Brenda Lewis
OT - don't do it!!!

m&m wrote:
I thought I was the last hold-out! I haven't upgraded to SP2 yet- I
know I'll have issues with my scanner for one thing.
I've been waiting to get my taxes efiled before I "screw" the...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Lewis
xst baby present

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
If we , yes WE any thinking person , let people like Lucretia rule
every place by her verbal attacks , and not answer her AT the smae
place where it happens ,, you...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Brenda Lewis
OT - don't do it!!!

LizardGumbo wrote:
anne wrote:

For those of you who use PCs, not MACS, do not, I repeat do not,
upgrade to Windows Vista or buy a new machine with Vista installed

I make it a...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Lewis
xst baby present

Would the parties interested in continuing the banter about the military
please change the subject line? Thank you!

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed...

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Brenda Lewis wrote:
Distributed Proofreaders just posted their 10,000th title to Project
Gutenberg! This one is of interest here (RCTN) because it just
Forum: Needlework March 9th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Brenda Lewis
on topic: a neat thing I forgot to mention earlier today

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, in article ,
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Mary wrote:
Before you do anything to the...
Forum: Needlework March 9th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Oops: DP 10,000

OK, the person I quoted couldn't count. "Encyclopedia of Needlework"
was really title #10,001. Still worth perusing. :-)

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed...
Forum: Needlework March 9th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Brenda Lewis
On Topic: Distributed Proofreaders

Distributed Proofreaders just posted their 10,000th title to Project
Gutenberg! This one is of interest here (RCTN) because it just happened
to be Therese de Dillmont's "Encyclopedia of...
Forum: Needlework March 9th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Brenda Lewis
on topic: a neat thing I forgot to mention earlier today

ellice wrote:
I don't know - 1 person, 9 degrees with hoods??? I'd guess some of them are
honorary. That's a lot of graduate degrees. But, it's still a great
challenge.

Were they all given...
Forum: Needlework March 7th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Coke Roast (!)

LizardGumbo wrote:
I don't like roasts because I don't like to cook and I've seen this
before as a crockpot recipe. Thing is, we buy a side of beef every year
and last year I failed to tell...
Forum: Needlework February 26th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Oh the storm we're gettin

We lucked out and only got a little ice and snow and it got up to 40
yesterday so more melted than fell. Since we really got dumped on in
the Feb. 13-14 storm, it is only fair that we get off easy...
Forum: Needlework February 24th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Cross Stitcher magazine

http://www.journal-topics.com/business/06/biz060315.1.html

Amos bought Clapper last March. I lost interest in The Cross Stitcher
several years ago. Sounds like it hasn't improved any since that...
Forum: Needlework February 24th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Anyone speak Dutch?

Joan E. wrote:
lewmew wrote:
I found a link to this magazine and would love to get information
about ordering the penguins across the top

Or, *much* simpler, order it from Nordic...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Anyone speak Dutch?

Click on the "Nu in de winkel" link to get the contents of the latest
issue (#18). The penguin chart is "Wereldberoemd" on the list.

lewmew wrote:
I found a link to this magazine and would love...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Brenda Lewis
puzzles

lewmew wrote:
On Feb 22, 4:05 pm, "Carol In WI" wrote:
I know that if you go to a store, you can buy puzzle glue, but what is the
recipe for using Elmer's glue? Thanks,...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 07, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Brenda Lewis
For my friends in OZ

StitchingNut wrote:
John,

thanks for the education..., you should have noticed by now I live in
Cairns. I know that time zones are determined by longitudes, not the
hemispheres. However,...
Forum: Needlework February 21st 07, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Brenda Lewis
CHOCOLATE ALERT

Fred wrote:
Except for the odd large cake pan full of rice krispie/marshmallow treat, I
never eat packaged cereals.

As for chocolate, how can you beat the dark semi-sweatened bakers
Forum: Needlework February 21st 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By Brenda Lewis
OT, Shrove Tuesday memories was Happy Pancake Day! (P.S.)

It seems strange to me that this is a huge memory to so many. I never
heard of Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Lenten season, or any of that
until I was in college. In my family there was Good...
Forum: Needlework February 20th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Brenda Lewis
CHOCOLATE ALERT

wrote:
On Feb 20, 6:32 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 2/19/07 5:51 PM, in article , "Karen C

- California"...
Forum: Needlework February 19th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Pattern in electronic format

Becky A wrote:
StitchingNut wrote:
Hi Becky,

well, as long as the notice is a watermark and doesn't disturb the
chart, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, and I believe,
Forum: Needlework February 18th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Brenda Lewis
Off topic - just for fun

ellice wrote:
Skating is fun - for me becaues it's not the impact on my bad ankle/foot -
it's much better than trying to run. And you do fell kind of light - if
it's all working. All the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 335