Showing results 1 to 25 of 463
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trish Brown
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 13, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Trish Brown
Quilts in Movies...

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 01/08/2013 19:38, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 01/08/2013 17:47, wrote:

Does anyone have a tried and true pattern for a diaper bag. I'm a great
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 13, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Trish Brown
Quilts in Movies...

wrote:
I read the group three or four times a week. It's not as busy as the "olden
days" that's for sure. I really miss it, too.
I do read Facebook but rarely post...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 13, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Trish Brown
Quilts in Movies...

Pat on the Green wrote:
That is a very good point, actually.
I have hardly done any P&Q at all for three years or so since my
separation - there's always 'stuff' (having to do everything...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 13, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Kelly Greene wrote:

"Trish Brown" wrote in message

(The babies' Daddies play for the same footy...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 13, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Polly Esther wrote:
Trish, I hope you've read Harry Potter. Some of the language plays are
flagrant; some just a little subtle. I knew I was going to have a very
good time when first was...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 13, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Sally Swindells wrote:
Oh what a language!! - In the UK a vest is underwear worn on the top
half of the body and pants are underwear worn on the bottom half ( i.e.
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 13, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Pat on the Green wrote:
In article ,
says...

ROTFL!!!
snipped

I simply cannot resist the urge to say...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 13, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Polly Esther wrote:
Shheesh! 'Pockets in a singlet' reminds me of the time I told the joke
about the piñata and the bungee jump. That tale shot straight over the
shoulder of our Pat on the...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 13, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
I just did a yahoo.au search for fabric shops in Australia and came up with hundreds of locales - perhaps one of those owners could put you in the right direction to find...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 13, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Polly Esther wrote:
Is there such a place as a 'Thrift Shop' available to you? Our
daughters have delightful success in finding gently used or never used
clothing and other Good Stuff at...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 13, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the cost
of postage is going to make an overseas purchase ridiculous. I'll just
have to find something in Australia....
Forum: Quilting June 1st 13, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

Ursula Schrader wrote:

Uh, did you consider buying a Tigers t-shirt and cutting it up? I can't
think of anything else. Or perhaps a second-hand one...

U.

I did, but the stripes are too big...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 13, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Trish Brown
My turn to look for fabric

I've been trying for a while now to find some orange and black striped
stretch fabric. I'd prefer smaller stripes (say, 1/2" or smaller), but
at this point I'd be happy with anything! I only want a...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 13, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
Looking for fabric...

Ursula Schrader wrote:
Hello all,

does any of you know of a fabric with cat motifs which cover an area of
about 4 inches/10 cm square? I'm looking for a new 'centrepiece' for a
quilt for...
Forum: Needlework March 16th 13, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Trish Brown
off topic = but some one will know

Karen C wrote:
Trish Brown wrote:

If the split is awkward enough, then take the pocket off, put a
bloody-great patch on the inside and then replace the pocket on top of
the mend. This...
Forum: Needlework March 14th 13, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Trish Brown
off topic = but some one will know

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
a way to patch a pair of jeans that have split along the back pocket.
They're "stretch denim" and so far two different brands of iron on patch
have peeled off.

I really...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 13, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Trish Brown
Prices of fabric

Di Maloney wrote:
Ditto to what she says.

I now spend a lot of time going through pillowcases, tablecloths, old
dresses and sheets -only looking for cotton - at op shops (thrift shops) and
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 13, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Trish Brown
Prices of fabric

Y'all should come to sunny Australia where fabric can cost up to $32 a
yard (remembering that our dollar is near as d@mmit to the US dollar ATM)!

I thought it was the last word in irony when I had...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 13, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Trish Brown
Help with Irish Chain fabric calculations please?

Oh my word! You guys are *brilliant*! Thank you so much for all the advice!

Yes, I do need to think which pattern I'll be using and yes, I need to
decide how much overhang I'll be wanting. It seems...
Forum: Quilting January 21st 13, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Trish Brown
Help with Irish Chain fabric calculations please?

I'm trying to work out the amount of fabric I'll need to make a Triple
Irish Chain to fit my king-sized bed. There are a few websites with
patterns and cutting guides, but nowhere does it say what...
Forum: Quilting January 21st 13, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Trish Brown
Hot chicken?

Polly Esther wrote:

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I just basted a crib quilt of chickens. The print -
Forum: Needlework November 4th 12, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Trish Brown
Numb hands - help!

Joyce in RSA wrote:

snip

From Mum, I know how awful any dysfunction in one's hands can be. Don't
leave it - see about it as soon as you can!

I did go to the doctor, and he...
Forum: Needlework November 4th 12, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Trish Brown
Numb hands - help!

Joyce in RSA wrote:
I'm coming to the place where there's always someone who knows! Since
I've been using a walker quite a lot, and putting all my weight on my
hands, they've become numb, and...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 12, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Trish Brown
Sunbonnet Sue memories

Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!
Remember this? The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue:
http://museum.msu.edu/glqc/collections_2001.158.01.html

Also posted this on FB; nice to hear a few comments,
Forum: Quilting September 28th 12, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Trish Brown
Eyes and noses on baby quilt

Hanne in DK wrote:
I'm thinking of making a baby quilt sort of like this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/s_AJ8HaNtO4-WUnTLse2-tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

but that entire...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 463