Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kathy Applebaum
Forum: Quilting March 13th 09, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Swap Hybrid Idea

We have bitter cold months here in California. At least, we think it's
bitterly cold when the high is only 50...

Duckin' and runnin'!!!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric...

Part deux of the quilting designs series is "How do you get to Carnegie
Hall?"

You all know the answer to that one: practice, practice, practice. Except
I'll modify this a bit, to "practice,...
Forum: Quilting March 10th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Quilting designs 101 (was Selecting a Quilting Design)

Pat's post reminded me that quilting designs (and quilting in general, as
opposed to piecing) often leave even experienced quilters scratching their
heads. Since the interest seems to be out there,...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Selecting a Quilting Design

I'll second the "Quilting Makes the Quilt" recommendation. It won't tell you
what to do on YOUR quilt, but it will show a number of identical quilts with
very different quilting styles.

Leslie,...
Forum: Quilting March 9th 09, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
OT - Not quilt related

No good idea on how to mend the dress, but I'm wondering how you have an 18
yo DD when I know you're only 29?!???

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric...

We always called them "gooseneck lights" when I was a kid.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 09, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Baseball Swap

Fabric can be any good quality quilting cotton (our rule of thumb is "send
what you'd like to receive"), but no flannels. No special theme.

We swap 6.5" squares. If you back the Cubs, and they lose...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 09, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Baseball Swap

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Sign-ups are going on right now for the Baseball Swap.

"The usenet group...
Forum: Quilting March 4th 09, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
give the mouse a cookie?

The Yorkie was just telling the mouse that was HIS cabinet. :-)

Clear shellac will seal in that odor.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric...

Our Ragmop would just call them up and invite them. No need to have the
smoke detectors going off. ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric...

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum"...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 09, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Singing Seuss OT ping Kathy A

No sound card on the work computer. I'm safe from the ear worm. Ha ha ha ha
ha!!!!!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Garage as Quilters Paradise

That's why there was a dumpster rental on the list... ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
OT ping Kathy Applebaum

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
And others. Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday. Be sure to read Green Eggs
and Ham. And the...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 09, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Garage as Quilters Paradise

From the lifehacker blog: "Before and After: Garage as Quilters Paradise"

http://lifehacker.com/5162044/before-and-after-garage-as-quilters-paradise

Enjoy!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of...

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Well, Kath-darlin', Scharffen Berger *is* a bit pricey.
But how could you use...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
OT mulch warning animals

Last time I looked at cocoa mulch here, it was about $12 for 2 cubic feet.
Redwood bark is less than a quarter of that. Of course, I don't tend to
mulch much. Bare ground is nature's way of telling...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
OT mulch warning animals

I think the bigger danger from cocoa mulch was the heart attack I almost had
when I saw the price at the garden shop. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric...

Barbara Brackman has done some great work on this, and her books are at
http://www.barbarabrackman.com/gallery.aspx

NAYY, but I did attend a retreat with her, and she's forgotten more about
fabric...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Design walls (was Bulletin)

Polly, I really can't keep you from wandering off all wonky. ;-P

I haven't found a need to put a grid on my design wall, but I did put a grid
on my ironing board. Very high tech method -- I took my...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 09, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Design walls (was Bulletin)

And to make it quilt related, I used three 1" thick 4'x8' pieces of the foam
insulation board covered with batting for my design walls. Spray glued the
batting on -- whole project took about 10...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 09, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Biddies (was Piping hot)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Keep in mind that I'm a very old biddy

Being a natural smart aleck, my first thought was "is there...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 68
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
Finished a small quilt

Great quilting! Too bad the dragon doesn't have a pair of glasses on --
maybe he had LASIK? ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
New pics up!

Wow, you can afford *canned* worms? I'm envious! ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kathy Applebaum
fabric question

Because the fabric starts as white and gets printed on one side. If the
pigment soaks through, you seen the design on the back side. The less it
soaks through, the less you see. If it doesn't soak...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500