Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bubbles_
Forum: Pottery January 5th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Bubbles_
Ahole spammer - anyway to spam back or report?

"D Kat" wrote in message
And how do you report them given that they are using up to a hundred
different addresses?

If you...
Forum: Pottery January 3rd 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Bubbles_
Ahole spammer - anyway to spam back or report?

"D Kat" wrote in message
I'm getting fed up with blocking this jerk (I have to block each address).
Does anyone know of a way to...
Forum: Pottery January 3rd 08, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Bubbles_
Happy New Ears, Everyone

"Eddie Daughton" wrote in message
Happy New Year and many more of them......
May pots flow from your fingers...
Forum: Pottery December 4th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Bubbles_
Trouble with matt glaze

Not that I'm an expert, but I would also suspect that the glaze was too
thin, so that the droplets have become little corns of sand instead. Maybe
dip with the new glazes? or just spray a little...
Forum: Pottery November 21st 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Bubbles_
Glaze remelting/refiring

"charlie" wrote in message

"Bubbles_" wrote in message
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Bubbles_
Glaze remelting/refiring

"DKat" wrote in message
Your glaze in the second firing is actually going to be melting at a lower
temperature so unless the...
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Bubbles_
Glaze remelting/refiring

"charlie" wrote in message

can you sandblast the objects and recoat with the same glaze, then refire
to the same...
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Bubbles_
Glaze remelting/refiring

Hi D! Thanks for the quick reply!

So far, with my glazes, a second firing has never made them worse. I see
what you mean about substances being gone. None of my glazes are runny,
though - the only...
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Bubbles_
Glaze remelting/refiring

Hi again, folks

When refiring a glaze, does it melt again at the same or similar melting
point/temperature as it did the first time around? Stupid question, maybe,
but I'm still battling those...
Forum: Pottery November 16th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Bubbles_
For Dkat - kiln vent openings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJMBU8IXAg

This shows somewhat of the same vent openings as I was mentioning I have on
my kiln (though I only have 2 on the sides and one in the lid).

Just wanted...
Forum: Pottery October 27th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing OT.

"DKat" wrote in message

-snip the water trick-

Don't they have nifty filters Switzerland (of course you were not at home
at...
Forum: Pottery October 23rd 07, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"DKat" wrote in message

I feel that evil envy raising its ugly head... I really like Spain and I
had no idea it had large...
Forum: Pottery October 22nd 07, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"DKat" wrote in message

"Bubbles_" wrote in message

Forum: Pottery October 21st 07, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Bubbles_
Pottery Videos

wrote in message
Posted Some of my Throwing videos on you tube this is my user page.

Forum: Pottery October 19th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 23
Posted By Bubbles_
watering dry clay

"Bob Masta" wrote in message

Thanks, to you and Marianne, for sharing new ideas!

New and old, sharing is the most important part,...
Forum: Pottery October 19th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"DKat" wrote in message
Sorry about the mistake - I could have sworn you had said that your were
firing to 1270 but thought you...
Forum: Pottery October 19th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:59:58 +0200, "Bubbles_"
wrote:

Thanks for your...
Forum: Pottery October 19th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Bubbles_
Bubbly update

"DKat" wrote in message
Marianne, every time I think of this I keep coming back to you having your
peep holes open (and I'm...
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

I do know about what temperature I am firing at. It is NOT out by 20
degrees, that has been established.

I have done only 40 firings (including bisque) with this kiln, so it still
is taking some...
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

Thanks for your diplomatic view, Bob :-)

Marianne
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"DKat" wrote in message

I agree with Peter 100% on this. Sure you can fire without cones but it
is not wise. For example you...
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

"DKat" wrote in message
P.S. a vent is a good thing to have on your kiln - firing it with the
peep holes open is not.

I have...
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 25
Posted By Bubbles_
Them wobbles - wheel throwing

Yeah - here I am again! Nag nag nag! LOL!

So - I have been doing some pretty good work on the wheel lately. When I
finally realized that I was using too firm clay, the centering go a lot...
Forum: Pottery October 17th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Bubbles_
Bubbly update

Hi guys

I had some SERIOUS bubbles from the kiln opened yesterday, so today I took
the worst piece with me to my dealer (in both senses of the word! LOL!) and
picked his brains a bit more.

I...
Forum: Pottery October 16th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 23
Posted By Bubbles_
watering dry clay

"Bob Masta" wrote in message

Marianne and Donna:

Does this method work equally well for new powdered clay and for
reclaimed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81