Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Susan Laity Price
Forum: Quilting August 21st 13, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Susan Laity Price
news from our new home

I was excited to receive 140 posts from this group tonight. Of course
it had been a month since I had checked but so glad the numbers are
back. Sometimes after several days I would only receive 5 or...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 13, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Giant Dahlia

Giant Dahlia is on my Bucket List. I have watched Marti Michell
demonstrate her templates and it looks like they work. Just love the
look of one big dahlia centered on the bed.

Susan

On Sun, 28...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 13, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Quilts in Movies...

There are so few post by this group some of us are anxious for any
post even a golden oldie. Maybe I am not receiving all of the posts. I
had not checked in several days. When I just asked my...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 13, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Use for Postcard Sleeves?

While cleaning and rearranging my studio I found a package of plastic
Postcard Sleeves (3 11/16" x 5 3/4"). I know I bought them for
something to do with quilting but can't remember what was the...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 13, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Susan Laity Price
What a difference a year makes!

I have owned an AccuCut machine for over 20 years. When you need to
cut a lot or cutting is physically difficult the machine is a
lifesaver. My original machine was designed for paper which I...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 13, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Susan Laity Price
What are you doing?

The reason I have so much fabric in my studio is because I always buy
at least an extra half yard of every fabric for a quilt "just in
case". If there isn't much on the bolt I will buy the rest...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 13, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Susan Laity Price
no new postings since 5/2 (long)

Ok, I know it is spring and everyone is enjoying the outdoors but a
check for new RTCQ posts showed nothing since May 2! Can't be right.

I have enjoyed being outside as much as possible but also...
Forum: Quilting March 18th 13, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Susan Laity Price
So what are you all working on?

Life has been more hectic than usual so sewing has taken a back seat.
In preparation for placing our house on the market two of the
bathrooms are being remodeled. The townhouse we have bought...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 13, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Susan Laity Price
East Coast members please report

As I hear the storm news from the east coast I think about our members
living in the area. Please let us know how you are doing.

Chicago weather continues to be strange. Thursday it couldn't...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 13, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Ronald McDonald Houses

Thanks for your information. It will be at least a year before
construction begins as they must raise a lot of money in addition to
what Ronald McDonald Charities will be giving them.

Susan

On...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 13, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Ronald McDonald Houses

Thanks for your offer to connect me with your local committee chair. I
will file this reply and contact you again when it is closer to
opening. It is good to hear that most Ronald McDonald Houses...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 13, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Ronald McDonald Houses

A new Ronald McDonald House is being built near our local hospital. We
haven't had a local one before. The nearest was in Chicago at a big
university hospital. Have any of you ever been involved with...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 13, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Prices of fabric

Will the price of fabric mean the end of the quilting industry or just
the local quilt shop. Fabric purchasing is my one vise. I don't buy
designer clothes or drink or gamble. I buy lots of fabric....
Forum: Quilting January 14th 13, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Too tired to quilt?

I did a similar silly thing yesterday. I am making a sampler quilt for
the store using the foundation technique. I stitched the fabric to
each section of the block being very careful because the...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 12, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Quilty Gifts

Same here. My first granddaughter was born December 4th. Finally
someone who will use pink!
Susan

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:04:16 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I didn't get any...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 12, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Quilty Gifts

My husband gave me several crisp $100 bills and told me it was "mad
money" to spend as I wish. Of course it will all go toward quilting
fabrics and supplies. My daughter-in-law made me a lovely...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 12, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Donating quilts to East Coast

Has anyone heard of an organization collecting quilts for the East
Coast? If anyone hears of a reliable collection and distribution group
please post the information. I have quilts ready to send but...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 12, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Fabric questions

I have the same plans for my "less than fat quarter" boxes. What size
should I cut them? For years they have been sorted by color but I
don't often use them. Thought if they were cut into strips and...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 12, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Susan Laity Price
So glad to see more posts

My post about "no posts" generated responses from many of you. Glad to
see I am not alone. October is the month when I give away the charity
quilts made throughout the year. The problem is much of...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 12, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Susan Laity Price
not receiving any posts from RTCQ

It has been several hours since my last post. I finally had time to
check and my post was the only one received. This is strange. Am I the
only one left? Did the group disband and not tell me? I...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 12, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Susan Laity Price
not receiving any posts from RTCQ

I haven't updated RCTQ in two days so was expecting several posts.
Just hit the button to update and there are no posts. Now I know this
entire group could not be quiet for even 24 hours let along...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 12, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Games Quilters Play

My guild always has one less expensive meeting called a Gadget Night.
It sometimes takes a little arm twisting but find at least six members
to prepare a ten minute presentation on some new gadget...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Gingher utility scissors?

If you are looking for something to cut chicken bones and cardboard
look at companies that sell good quality knives.

Susan

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:02:45 -0800, "Steven Cook"...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Susan Laity Price
BEST rotary blades?

I stick with the name brands (Olfa or Fiskars) and buy them in
packages of five with a 40%
off coupon at JoAnn's. I use mainly the 44 mm and save the 65 mm for
extreme multiple layers. No matter the...
Forum: Quilting July 27th 12, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Susan Laity Price
Games Quilters Play

I would love to know how this works. My guild will make quilts for
children this year so using the fabric would be a great tie-in.

Susan

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 01:05:32 GMT, wrote:

At...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500