Showing results 1 to 25 of 302
Search took 7.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bonnie Patterson[_2_]
Forum: Quilting April 25th 11, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
OT what shall we wear?

I have set the DVR, but I am often up at that time, and if I am I
shall be wearing my birthday suit as I usually sleep that way.
I know, TMI, but if I'm dressed I shall be attired in T-shirt,...
Forum: Quilting April 19th 11, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Killed Ginghers

My baby is 39 and we used cloth diapers, I had not onlu the square
birdseye type but the prefolded of both regular and and stretch. They
were expensive to buy but so much cheeper in the long run, I...
Forum: Quilting April 19th 11, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
further crap and nonsense

OH NO!!!
He works, not woks...
Although it would be nice if he woked too...

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:20:11 -0400, Bonnie Patterson
wrote:

Larisa,

Have you been in...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
further crap and nonsense

Larisa,

Have you been in contact with varc.org
It's the Virginia autism research center at the VA Commonwealth
University in Richmond?

It used to be located in Winchester at Grafton Inc. ,...
Forum: Quilting April 15th 11, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
WalMart

They did close a small store when they built the first superstore, but
these are all superstores. There was some talk of them closing the one
store, but it is at the end of one of the main commuter...
Forum: Quilting April 13th 11, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
WalMart

Walmart has been under discussion in my area, the first one is 13
miles N. from me, the second is 16 miles S., the third is 10 miles E.,
the fourth is 17 miles W., and now the fifth is between first...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 11, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
test

Is the answer, "I see you?"
Do I Pass?

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:48:16 -0500, Louise in Iowa
wrote:

I had to start from scratch with my email, so I'm testing to see if...
Forum: Quilting February 27th 11, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
'Objectionable' quilt at Virginia show

Very interesting, this discussion reminds me of a print that hung in
my grandmother's furnace room, which was also uncle Tony's den. We
children were always told that it was Uncle Tony's favorite...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
NZ EARTHQUAKE

Just saw the news and destruction in Christ Church, NZ.
So sorry for our friends and I hope that everyone is safe.
I think that our near by "search and rescue" group are packed up and
getting ready...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 11, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
A sewing tote for the guys.

That paint works very well. And, I love tool boxes. I have one with
electrical stuff (TV, computer, telephone, lamp, sewing machine), one
with tole painting gear, one with "tools", and the new yellow...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 11, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Glue sticks and potholders

Insulbrite (sp) is the only $pecial thing I use in pot holders,
otherwise I use all cotton "left overs"!

As for glue, I have a huge bottle of "Elmer's" washable school glue,
very cheap. I do put it...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 11, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
OT - British TV

We have them too, Jim bought me the complete "As Time Goes By" series,
and then I got into "Doc Martin" the last show was the birth of
"Louisa's" baby. Are there any More? Oh I hope so!
Bonnie, in...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
OT Are we DEAD ? OT

So sorry for the Bears, Maureen, but THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE
SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh, my home town, now I'm worried...
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA
Anybody quilting? Anybody...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
OT Are we DEAD ? OT

I see you Polly.
Things are /were slow yesterday, I have to admit that I have been
reading...
I got a Kindle right before Christmas and it's addictive...
AND, I discovered a late, late night fellow...
Forum: Quilting January 20th 11, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
I thought I was obsessed with the past.

You are reading book 7, the first one you've read????

How can you start with book SEVEN ???

I started with book one, on a plane, leaving Salt Lake City. I bought
book 2 as soon as I got home, my...
Forum: Quilting January 12th 11, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
OT true statement

I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but I can
still fit into the earrings I wore in high school. - Anonymous
Forum: Quilting January 8th 11, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
guitar Do SOMETHING new

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:10:08 -0800 (PST), John
wrote:

SNIP

Hey, I worry about whenever I go near a table saw. They are evil
machines without any conscience. I never...
Forum: Quilting December 31st 10, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

My other half got a kindle about a year ago, loves it.
Soo... we both got the new wifi only model about 3 weeks ago.
It's black/charcoal and we got the covers that have the lights in
them. We got the...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 10, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 74
Mum's gone

Dear Kate,
She'll always be with you, she's in your heart.
My Mum is with me, and she too is gone, in my heart.
((((((((hugs))))))))
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:30:07 +0000,...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 10, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Needle Sizes

It's because our mothers and grandmothers bought their needles in
three packs and they didn't change them until they broke.

She obviously didn't break that one. I was doing the same thing until
I...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
STC (Senior Texting Code)

This is for all of you texting and/or tweeting Seniors, I don't do
either, maybe that is why our numbers seem to have fallen off.
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Since more and more Seniors are texting...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 10, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Thread or pin baste for machine quilting?

Also, have any of you ever tried Sharon Schamber's methods of basting
by using boards? I'm guessing it could be used equally well with
safety pins?
We have and found it equally easy using thread...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 10, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Way OT - Gallbladder questions

I've hard those symptoms before, for about 18 months my friend, next
door neighbor, fellow quilter and guild mate, suffered, complained of
a hard spot sort of between her breasts, pain, and started...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 10, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
O.T. Trivial P. Need Game ideas...

Thanks Sandy. John and I both had eclectic interests and we were
readers, I still am and Jim just gave me a Kindle. We made our trip to
the book store every two weeks, the kindle could be dangerous...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 10, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
OFF Topic:

Great Granpup used to feed the chickens ground up oyster shells.

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:46:20 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Grandma used to bash broken china dishes and add...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 302