Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Monica Ferris
Forum: Needlework March 9th 14, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Monica Ferris
Knitting a Patch

I know this isn't a knitting forum, but I'm hoping some of you can help me. My editor insisted I change the name of the next Betsy Devonshire book, which I was calling The Needle Case. After some...
Forum: Needlework February 16th 14, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Monica Ferris
How Can You Tell An Antique from A Copy?

If someone brought to you a dirty, stained piece of linen in a broken frame and you saw it was a sampler dated 1882, how could you tell it was actually a copy? I'm thinking it was stitched on...
Forum: Needlework March 14th 13, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica Ferris
I'm Baaa-aack!

After a long time away, I've decided to give RCTN another try. I write the Betsy Devonshire needlework mysteries - sixteen titles published! I'm feeling a little dry about the series, and am hoping...
Forum: Needlework March 14th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Monica Ferris
Guerilla knitting in Leicester 'to reduce crime fear'

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:09:43 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21659158

--

Bruce Fletcher

Stronsay, Orkney UK

I don't see how hanging...
Forum: Needlework May 20th 10, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 33
Posted By Monica Ferris
OT-Reading Materials

On May 20, 12:37*pm, "Lucille" wrote:
I just got my new Kindle and now I have to add a book. * Since this is a
virgin, I want that book to be a really good read. *Not the...
Forum: Needlework May 20th 10, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Monica Ferris
Ok all you silent types

On May 12, 7:15*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

A needlepoint angel cat for our cat Panzi's Christmas stocking. ...
Forum: Needlework March 17th 10, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Monica Ferris
Woodlawn Needlework Show

On Mar 14, 8:47*am, "Mavia" wrote:
"Donna" wrote in message

This...
Forum: Needlework March 11th 10, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Monica Ferris
What to use to fill "pin cushion

On Mar 11, 8:42*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/11/10 9:21 AM, in article , "Dianne

Lewandowski" wrote:
Forum: Needlework March 5th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Wax
Posted By Monica Ferris
Wax

On Mar 4, 8:21*pm, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
Monica,

Did you take your train trip and come thru Sacramento this past
summer?

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

No,...
Forum: Needlework March 3rd 10, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Wax
Posted By Monica Ferris
Wax

On Mar 2, 5:20*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:50*am, Monica Ferris wrote:

At the Nashville market I was given an attractive scented circle...
Forum: Needlework March 2nd 10, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Wax
Posted By Monica Ferris
Wax

At the Nashville market I was given an attractive scented circle of
wax -- it came in a kit. What is its use? I assume it's to wax
threads, but why would you want to do that?

TIA,
Monica Ferris
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Monica Ferris
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

On Jun 9, 7:58�am, Monica Ferris wrote:
On Jun 5, 3:13 pm, wrote:

On Jun 4, 7:12 pm, Monica Ferris ...
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Monica Ferris
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

On Jun 5, 3:13�pm, wrote:
On Jun 4, 7:12�pm, Monica Ferris wrote:

I am taking a BIG train trip next summer from Minneapolis to Salt...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Monica Ferris
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

On Jun 4, 10:38�pm, Tia Mary wrote:
Monica Ferris wrote:
I am taking a BIG train trip next summer from Minneapolis to Salt Lake
City (to the EGA convention there),...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Monica Ferris
Shops in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Reno

I am taking a BIG train trip next summer from Minneapolis to Salt Lake
City (to the EGA convention there), with stops along the way,
including in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, and Reno. (Obviously,...
Forum: Yarn October 11th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Monica Ferris
Mostly Off-Topic: A Contest

Betsy needs a boyfriend. She has had two romances in the course of
this series. The first was Morrie Steffans, a retired police
detective who wanted Betsy to sell her shop and move with him...
Forum: Needlework October 11th 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Monica Ferris
Mostly OT - A Contest!

Betsy Devonshire, needlework shopowner, needs a boyfriend. She has
had two romances in the course of this mystery novel series. The
first was Morrie Steffans, a retired police detective who wanted...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Monica Ferris
Christmas Stocking - Needlepoint

For the book I'm writing I would like to have a character be
needlepointing a Christmas stocking - a really nice, big one, with a
steam locomotive theme. Santa as an engineer, a locomotive with...
Forum: Needlework January 31st 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Monica Ferris
Silk Floss

It's been a long time since I put anything up on rctn. I've partly
been lurking, partly gotten busy with other things. Like writing
Knitting Bones.

Now I'm about to start a new Betsy Devonshire...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19