Showing results 1 to 25 of 249
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steven Cook
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 13, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Steven Cook
Sewing Summer Clothes

Thanks everyone. So many ideas. I've copied them over to a word document
and filing it away and clicking on links.

You're all the best.

Steven
Alaska

"Steven Cook" wrote...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 13, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Steven Cook
Sewing Summer Clothes

Hi Amy

I really am a bit excited about this. It will be out of the norm and
something new and fresh as I nearly end my career. I'm hoping it all goes
okay.

Like Bobbie had to do in college, I'm...
Forum: Quilting June 21st 13, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Steven Cook
Sewing Summer Clothes

Thanks Donna

I'll put the word out if something comes up. I'll now more when I've worked
out some lesson plans and think through better what I'm going to do.

Steven
Alaska

Forum: Quilting June 19th 13, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Steven Cook
Sewing Summer Clothes

Hi Bobbie

Minor note, this is my next to last year. Actually two years to go, and
Bert, and me, wishes is was my last.

The class is totally sewing. The middle school is more of a survey Home Ec...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 13, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Steven Cook
Sewing Summer Clothes

Well, over the past 23 years I've taught all office subjects of the modern
era, i.e. not shorthand and the like though, and speech and social studies
and some math and yearbook and spanish 1. This...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 13, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Steven Cook
Music, music, music

I like music too, but more often than not, forget to turn it on in the first
place. Then, when I do, I usually get so engrossed that I don't hear it
anymore, in a manner of speaking. I seem to be...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 12, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Steven Cook
Squishie - I GOT A SQUISHIE

Yes, I got my very first squishie. And from our very own Polly.

She emailed the other day and said that after she'd "stolen" my idea for red
ultra-suede berries, she had some and wondered if I'd...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 12, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Steven Cook
Quilt Therapy needed

Hello All

As usual the to-do list for life and work is way too long and I've only
seemed to be adding to it indiscriminately. I think that it will only end
when I retire which is a bit more than...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 12, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Steven Cook
Fair quilt and school

Yep, pretty much.

Steven
Alaska

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Isn't this what we call "situation normal" ?
"Steven Cook"...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 12, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Steven Cook
Fair quilt and school

Dropped my quilt off at the fair after school today. Got some oohs and aahs
from the gatherers already. Worried about some minor puckers on the back
through. We shall see. Also a chance to catch a...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 12, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Thanks Kay

The Kitchen Shears, DH3005 look wonderful. My only question is how big are
the finger holes. Fine for me but maybe small for Bert's hand. I'm tempted
to get them.

Steven
Alaska
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Thanks NightMist. I will have to look up Mundial Red Dots. The ones that
Mom has also come apart. Amazingly after 40 plus years half has not
disappeared. I do like the idea of the EMT scissors ...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Thanks for the link. I will be sure to check it out.

Steven
Alaska

"KT in Mich" wrote in message
I've been using Clauss scissors...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Didn't think about that. I have some wusthof knives so that is a thought.

Thanks

Steven
Alaska

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Well, the ones that Mom has had for as long I can remember since a wee one,
we cut window screening, box tops, plastic packages, paper, you name it, but
not to my knowledge Chicken bones. Not that...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 12, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Steven Cook
Gingher utility scissors?

Does anyone remember the Gingher Utility scissors? At least I think they
are Gingher. Mom has a pair and I'm so tired of spending money on junky
scissors at our house and the frustration that...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 12, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Steven Cook
Quilty Friday

Well, Quilty Friday with the teacher friends got off to a bumpy start. No
real start time was mentioned, and I figured that most of them have animals
to tend to, i.e. horses, dogs, etc, so they...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Steven Cook
Only a quilter

Way back when, and that would have been in the late 60's, our fridge died
and Mom got the newfangled style with the freezer on the bottom. Well,
everyone thought she was crazy until they came over...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 12, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Steven Cook
Expanding quilt display???

Thank you. I knew there was a name. I've seen them used more and more in
Hotels and Convention centers as well. It's from this that you hang any
banners or anything like that, or pin items too. ...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 12, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Steven Cook
Expanding quilt display???

You could also do like some museums do. They put a strip of moulding up
near the ceiling that is angled out and has a lip. From this wires, metal
hooks, and various other items can be used at...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 12, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Steven Cook
Quilty Friday

Hi all

Long time, no post. So, school is out, officially, but the work continues.
What was supposed to be an easy close-up of the year to simply stack chairs
in my classroom/computer lab ended up...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 12, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Steven Cook
OT Hand-held vac

One thing to look to to NOT get is one that is powered by a NiCad battery.
These eventually overtime build up a memory and soon will never charge
again. You are supposed to use such batteries to...
Forum: Quilting March 18th 12, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Steven Cook
Wonderful idea for a quilt show

I have a book somewhere, yes somewhere but don't ask me where, that has
several quilts made four times but each quilted differently to show just
that. That how you quilt a quilt can make a...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 12, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Steven Cook
OMG-Scary-OT

So, we had a kidnapping of a young 18 year old woman from a coffee stand
right arounds it's closing time of 8:30 one night about six weeks ago. She
is still missing. Today they announced an...
Forum: Quilting March 15th 12, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Steven Cook
God bless the teachers

Oh Polly

Of the hundreds of students in my classes over the past 22 years, I can
honestly say that I can count on one hand the number that I have given up
on. What an awful thing to say, but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 249