Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Quilting January 1st 18, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
How to get back to this newsgroup

On Sunday, 31 December 2017 08:31:36 UTC-8, wrote:
Some how this newsgroup got dropped from my computer, so how do I get back here?
Sandy$

I read you...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 17, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally Closing!

yeah!
Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home.

Ginger in CA
[email to respond if ]

On Friday, 1 December 2017 14:06:44 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Forum: Quilting November 28th 17, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally Closing!

Wow!
What a gift for this season, huh?

Congratulations!

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

On Monday, 27 November 2017 08:05:33 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
After much fuss and...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 17, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
String Quilt

Hi Sandy,
There is a yahoo! group called Heartstrings, that focuses on string quilts. There are several members of rctq who are also members of that group. The group has a couple of in-person...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 17, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Yeah!
Can you send me your address for a little giftee to head your way for the new house?

Use for email
Ginger in CA

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 8:37:34 AM UTC-7, Night Mist...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 17, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
from the past

Like Bobbi, I did not join Facebook or anything like that. Just this group, now seeing it through Google groups.

I did join a yahoo! group called Heartstrings. Susan Price, Rowena, and Nann the...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 17, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
from the past

Yep, I did a block for that quilt, it is in the top right corner - the angel wings!

Life has been a real roller coaster for many of us.

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

On Friday,...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 17, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

I'm really trying not to laugh. Really. Except it is not working too well.

House hunting can be such an adventure. When my ex and I decided a general area where we wanted to look for some property,...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 17, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
OT The Pink Toenails of Shame

oooh, he is probably mad he has had to turn in his "man-cat card" with new pink toenails.

Hoping the house effort continues moving forward!

Ginger in CA
[email to respond is ]

On...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 17, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
family reunion preparation

Hi Carol sue,
One idea, if you want different colors, is to have people trace their hands onto paper. Use that as a pattern to trace onto fabric. Back with lightweight fusible interfacing, and put...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 17, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Well, the search for the right-for-us property is always a challenge.
Don't get too stressed out by it all. Deep breaths!

From experience I can say that living in a house while remodeling it at the...
Forum: Quilting June 20th 17, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

oooh, keeping fingers and toes crossed that this is right for you!
New moon fortunes?

Ginger in CA
[email to respond is ]

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 6:10:00 AM UTC-7, Night Mist...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 17, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Oh, Nightmist, I hope you have great luck in finding what will fit your life! I have usually done a list of "these things I will not budge on", then a list of "these things are negotiable", and a...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 17, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Jump Ring Quilt

I have the Kindle generation 3 typepad style Kindle. It is at least 5 years old now. Currently there are over 400 books in it, all of them except one were "free". It is an ereader only, not a...
Forum: Quilting January 31st 17, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Sailboat Quilt and More

I still check in on this group here, although rarely post. I don't "do" Facebook for any reason, so my interaction with our group is pretty limited now.
Like Julia, I miss the "old days" of our...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 16, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Teaching Quilting

I agree with what Nightmist said.
If a new sewer does not know if their interest will remain, just like in any new endeavor, you do not want to get top-of-the-line in anything. Heck, even a used...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 16, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Rhoda

Thank you for letting us know. I do indeed recall your Mom's contributions to the newsgroup.

Please let her know we hold her close in heart.

Ginger in CA
[email to respond is ]

On...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 16, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Quilts for Syria

I prefer to "keep it local" and am sewing for our county medical center pediatric unit.

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 1:41:33 AM UTC-7, Jack...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 16, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
OT A New Reason to Sing in the Shower

Jericho takes a personal interest in making sure all his humans stay well, and able to cater to his demands!

Gotta love those kitties.
Ginger in CA
[real email to respond is ]
On...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 16, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
OT still sewing

Hi Nightmist,
Can you check with the upholsterer/shoemaker and see if they have any spool ends? I bet they might, in a box under the bench. Kinda like newspaper end rolls, still good stuff left on...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 16, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sad News Sharon Harper

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 3:57:40 PM UTC-8, Debbi in SO CA wrote:
For the long time members of this group, it is with great sadness that I let you know that Sharon Harper's daughters posted...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 16, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Happy new Year

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 5:44:47 AM UTC-8, Janner wrote:
Happy New Year, to everyone still here and happy quilting

Janner
France

I'm here, and waiting for the Rose Parade to start. It...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 15, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Need finishing help in SFBA

Hi Nellie
Not sure who is still here, most have moved over to Facebook.
For those who may need to know, does SFBA mean San Francisco Bay Area?

Sorry I cannot assist in the quilting, but someone may...
Forum: Quilting September 14th 15, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
OT Not Quite According to Plan

What a great story! How cool to have a rescue with such personality.
We look forward to hearing more about Jericho and his antics.

Ginger in CA
[real reply email is , but I cannot...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 15, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Anniversary

I first saw this group in July 1998, on a friend's computer, and joined in not long after, when I got webTV.

Wow, the changes this group has seen. The loss of quilty friends, celebrations of all...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32