Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: me
Forum: Needlework August 19th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By me
Tiny charms and embellishments

Cheryl- have you tried" fancifuls"
they were great when i ordered from them several years ago-- it was a bit
fussy since their catalog was not easy to read, but they are the source for
most of the...
Forum: Needlework August 17th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 237
Posted By me
Yoohoo, Mommies!

too funny!
ktj
"Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote in message ...
lucretia borgia wrote:
I would like to gather...
Forum: Needlework July 18th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By me
Drooling How Much Stash is too much

Thanks for the link- omg- what a place! thanks again..... VBG
ktj
Forum: Needlework July 17th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Posted By me
basting in lines for cross stitch

Joanie, private email done and sent! You are so generous and gracious-thanks
so much. Can;t wait to see it. The part of the band sampler that is in that
issue is the needlelace...
Forum: Needlework July 17th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Posted By me
basting in lines for cross stitch

It's just a leaf motif- i pulled it out of a chart from a Just Cross Stitch
magazine from 1995...it's very small, i know you will laugh, about 55 by
35....
but i wanted it to be as perfect as...
Forum: Needlework July 17th 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By me
How Much Stash is too much

roflmao- and i can see now that questions about stash are not to be thought
about as if there were any other answer than--------nver too much!
ktj

"Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"...
Forum: Needlework July 15th 08, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Posted By me
basting in lines for cross stitch

Great replies, thanks so much- i enlarged the chart big time, did make one
mistake, but left it. And i am crossing off(with a yellow
highlighter......gggggggg) as i go, but for the life of me, i...
Forum: Needlework July 15th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By me
How Much Stash is too much

what a question....lol.....while i don;t have a stash of kits i do have a
collection of books of charts and books of instructions, and a cq stash to
beat all.....not including the fabric for sane...
Forum: Needlework July 15th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Posted By me
basting in lines for cross stitch

thanks for the reply- how do you keep track then- do you cross off the
chart as you go?

ktj
Forum: Needlework July 14th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 50
Posted By me
basting in lines for cross stitch

I am starting a very small piece of cross stitch but it is being
put(temporarily) on a large piece of fabric that has other stitching on it.
I have begun the process of basting every tenth line...
Forum: Needlework July 11th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By me
Heritage Shoppe Challenge/other stuff

Diane, I dl'd the pdf and will be printing the outline drawing and the
cross stitch chart. I'd like to try the cross stitch in white on white
...............just to see....it may end up being...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By me
The Heritage Shoppe

Diane, Your site-The Heritage Shoppe was /is one of the best places for
stitch instructions ever, and with the revamp it is awesome! I am so glad
that i decided to follow the link in your...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 08, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By me
Trying out the cross stitching

Well, i am stitching away on a motif....and here I thought it would be
decent looking! Ha, silly me. it will end up being about 4.5 by 4.5-the
perfect size to stitch to a worn dish towel to make...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By me
MAJOR Happy Dance

Tia Mary, checking out your web shots was awesome...i got to the sashiko
and stopped dead-it is so beautiful.
ktj

TiaMary wrote:-----

Visit my Photo albums at ...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By me
laddering and railroading was- cross stitch-here are the questions!

Ah, yes, I did get the terms confused! every time i see a ladder i think of
railroad ties and when i see railroad ties i think of horizontal ladders
taking you from where you are to some place...
Forum: Needlework July 5th 08, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By me
cross stitch-here are the questions!

Thank you all so much for your replies- and Hi Dianne(L)- they have been
very helpful. I think I may have to work on a doodle cloth , and invest in a
collection of tapestry needles.

I saw...
Forum: Needlework July 4th 08, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By me
cross stitch-here are the questions!

lol....ok here they come-am a relative newbie for cross stitch- also using
PC Stitch PRO-

I really like my cloth totally covered- not only as in every block
stitched(not that it will happen any...
Forum: Needlework July 4th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By me
cross stitch

Is this a place where I can ask qeustions about cross-stitch?

thanks

ktj
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By me
Eensy-weensy pocket quilt- pics

Unbelievable...it is soooo tiny and everything is so wonderful on it!
Congratulations.
ktj
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn June 29th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By me
a bad yarn shop experience

I don;t post much here, in fact it has probably been 6 months or more, but
this post intrigued me...i would definitly be publishing a letter to the
local paper(letter to the editor) without naming...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By me
You asked for pictures

Just wanted to do a quick post before the computer gets shut down for the
day.........what a lovely lovely quilt! I didn;t see any hot pink polka dots
so maybe i looked at the wrong quilt, but the...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By me
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (on topic) And Finished with Picture!

WOW, it looks great!
ktj(i left a comment by the way on the flickr page)

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By me
Hello All-chocoltate tasting job available!

well, you know us quilting chocoholics have to stick together!

ktj
"Patti" wrote in message
Hey Pat! You 'got' one gg

Forum: Quilting June 12th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By me
OT post- we have a new Furbaby!!!

Leslie, you have a great mix there...Great Pyrennees have some of the best
temperments out there! I have a brother/sister pair that are the result of
Great Pyrenees and Norwegian Elkhound..they...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By me
Hello All

Yes, Mickie Swall, that's the very same!
what a great memory you ust have.

ktj

"Debbi in SO CA" wrote in message
KTJ,