Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pauline[_3_]
Forum: Quilting April 14th 12, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT totally - 2 kind thoughts asked for.

That is a really sad story. She needs friends & family to help her thru
this ordeal.

As for your neighbor's dog bite -it would seem to me that the dog should be
labeled "dangerous" and perhaps...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 12, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Newish Quilting Tool

I haven't bought a new gadget in awhile, so I think I owe it to myself & to
RCTQ to buy it & test it out. I was thinking that the 6 1/2" ruler probably
works for 6 1/2" blocks & anything smaller. ...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 12, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Newish Quilting Tool

I've been reading about the Bloc-Loc tool. I'm thinking about ordering one
or two or a set. Just wondering if anyone has used this tool & if so, do
you think ordering the 6 1/2" tool is all you...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 12, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Going to see Ricky Tims

You will love him! I was fortunate to coordinate booking him for a 4 day
retreat in my neck of the woods. It was such a wonderful experience & I
would do it again in a heartbeat. I wasn't sure I...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 12, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Quilt Retreat Question

I have to say I agree with many of the responses you have received. You
already have a built-in buddy that you can "hang" with & that's part of the
hurdle, I would think. If you are outgoing &...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 12, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Still Around although not often

Oh my gosh! That is scary Debbi! I'm glad it is "only" GERD. I've had it
for years & I keep it under control with meds. Celery is NOT the breakfast
of champions! Good to know your heart has a...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 12, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Hello, my name is betsey...

For years, I've been claiming that I am a Pin Cushion junkie & I totally am.
I've made several, but have many more patterns than completed pin cushions.
I may have been in denial about my...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 12, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 29
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
sewing machine totes?

I take my machine with me quite a bit. I belong to a couple of
mini-quilting groups and I take classes & workshops that my guild offers.
I've had a few totes. Two I picked up at TSWLTH with my...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 11, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Let's talk about irons . . . .

I wish I had a couple of my old, old irons that dropped so many times & yet,
they still worked. I replaced them when the knobs broke off. I think I
have to put Rowenta in the same category as...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 11, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Was DIRECTORY - has a senior moment

One sure way for me to find lost things is to purchase replacements. Almost
immediately, when I walk in the door,whatever I just replaced is sitting up
laughing at me!

Pauline
Northern...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 11, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Was DIRECTORY - has a senior moment

I have to share that with my friends. I have been owning up to being ADHD,
but AAADD fits me so much better. The kiss of death for me recently has
been when I decide to reorganize & find "better"...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 11, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Mom's health

Hospice is a wonder organization that helps so many & they do it so quietly.
It's great to have their support and their skills to help with the care of
your mother. You do need some respite & you...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 11, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT - American culture advice

I was going to make a similar suggestion to Miss Polly's. Perhaps changing
Tristan's napping place might make it easier to live with your neighbors -
especially if their feathers are already...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 11, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT The date is set

Nightmist - having weathered more surgeries than I care to think about, one
of my biggest dreads going into surgery is how I react to anything that even
thinks it's a narcotic. And whatever that...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 11, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT More on the NightMist Saga

What a nightmare Nightmist! I hope it's just fibroids as well and I hope
they can get a result for you asap, so you're not sitting in limbo waiting
to hear.

Pauline
Northern...
Forum: Quilting September 18th 11, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
metal measuring tape snap purse

You can also use a slat from a mini-blind if you happen to have any lying
around. DH got my tape measures from Harbor Freight, but my friend got hers
at the Dollar store, even cheaper. I don't...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 11, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT - bean, lentil, barley recipes

We were at a winery, wine tasting one day and they were sampling some of the
other goodies they make. One was a marinara sauce & they sampled it using
very thinly cut carrots. It was almost like...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 11, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Ethiopian fabrics

You might try www.uniquespool.com. NAAY, of course. I'm sure she would be
happy to steer you to any fabrics of Ethiopian origin, if she carries any.
What a wonderful thing your son is doing & how...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 11, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Needing some tips about Dear Jane

There are quite a number of "Janiac's" in my quilting guild. The "leader"
of the group is making her 2nd DJ now. She was going to make #2 all in
Kaffe Fassett's fabrics. As trite as the saying...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 11, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
OT this IS funny

Lucy (my GPS) is one of my very best friends. DH bought me one for my
birthday about 5 years ago. He didn't see me roll my eyes, but I couldn't
have cared less about having a GPS in my car. I...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 11, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
question on bindings

I don't think it will hold permanently, however, one of the teachers I took
a class from years ago uses Steam-A-Steam2 to iron her binding on, so she
doesn't have to pin it or use clips to hold it...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 11, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Oh, Snap!

Polly,
I imagine it's probably a bigger challenge for them NOT to give you a smile
or a warm greeting. If half of the personality you display on RCTQ comes
out in person, nobody could pass you up...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 11, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Help-Machine quilting

I have used the spray basting as well - successfully. I don't know why I
don't use it more often. I used 505 as well. I tried whatever TSWLTH
carries, but it was not as good as 505. I do...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 11, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
Help-Machine quilting

You got lots of good tips from everyone Steven. I'll add my two cents as
well, because I have found that some methods work better for me, while
others don't. I'm still intimidated by the whole...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 11, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pauline[_3_]
New toy???

This is probably a dumb question, but the rotary blades are so thin - how
many times could they be sharpened until there was nothing left of them??
Wouldn't each sharpening make the blade slightly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72