Showing results 1 to 25 of 297
Search took 2.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: F.James Cripwell
Forum: Needlework October 15th 11, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Photo to cross stitch

F.James Cripwell ) writes:
Tia Mary ) writes:
Donna, check with Jim about this. I think by now, the only thing he
stitches are designs he has...
Forum: Needlework October 15th 11, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Photo to cross stitch

Tia Mary ) writes:
Donna, check with Jim about this. I think by now, the only thing he
stitches are designs he has made from photos, etc. He's done some
absolutely...
Forum: Needlework August 14th 11, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By F.James Cripwell
OT Slightly risque?

"Pat P" ) writes:
"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
On 8/12/2011 8:40 PM, wrote:
Forum: Needlework July 21st 11, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Can't stand it!!

) writes:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:04:25 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

On 21/07/2011 07:27, Fred wrote:
From what I have heard, Ham Operators are...
Forum: Needlework June 9th 11, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By F.James Cripwell
What are you stitching

I am doing one of my computer generated patterns of a loon sitting on
his/her nest. It has a lot of detail, and I am hoping the result will be
quite incredible. But, the jury is still out on this. ...
Forum: Needlework May 14th 11, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Newsgroup Access Question

Tia Mary ) writes:
Tia Mary wrote:

I am replying to my own post using Thunderbird :-))))))). I couldn't
get eternal-september to operate. I registered, etc. but can't...
Forum: Needlework April 30th 11, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Carrickmacross Lace on Kate's Wedding Gown!!

Tia Mary ) writes:
I was just reading about the Duchess of Cambridge's (aka Kate
Middleton) wedding gown. The lace **applique** used on the bodice and
gown was hand...
Forum: Needlework January 9th 11, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

Mary ) writes:
I have taken stitching with me on many cruises, and the only problem I
have ever had is with scissors. No matter what the rules say, the
fellows at TSA...
Forum: Needlework January 8th 11, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Australian floods - Our Oz posters

MargW ) writes:
F.James Cripwell wrote:
) writes:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:32:36 -0800 (PST), Nickname unavailable
Forum: Needlework January 4th 11, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Australian floods - Our Oz posters

) writes:
On 4 Jan 2011 18:42:37 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

) writes:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:32:36 -0800 (PST),...
Forum: Needlework January 4th 11, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

) writes:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:32:36 -0800 (PST), Nickname unavailable
wrote:

No doubt about it, world weather has gone crazy. Australia is...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 11, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Maybe a useful tip.

) writes:
On 1 Jan 2011 22:02:16 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

I have been finishing off other people's UFOs for a few months. I have
got...
Forum: Needlework January 1st 11, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Maybe a useful tip.

I have been finishing off other people's UFOs for a few months. I have
got back to my piece; a waterlily, for which I produced the pattern with
Pattern Maker. So the pattern is on 12 sheets of...
Forum: Needlework December 20th 10, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Needlepoint Software

Tia Mary ) writes:
Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody here make their own charts from photographs? I'm looking
to purchase a computer program such as...
Forum: Needlework December 15th 10, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By F.James Cripwell
The First Christmas Joke

I told this joke at a lunch party today, and was told one in return. It
is slightly risque.

A Mother Superior and two nuns were killed in a car crash, and appeared
at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter...
Forum: Needlework December 14th 10, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Man question about tapestry

David Pennington ) writes:
As a mere male, I have been working on a Shaker cushion and recently
finished it. You can see the finished article here

Forum: Needlework October 19th 10, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 42
Posted By F.James Cripwell
On topic: words of wisdom in stitching

My contribution

There is so much good in the worst of us
And so much bad in the best of us
That it ill behooves any of us
To talk about the reat of us.
Forum: Needlework October 10th 10, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By F.James Cripwell
A helpful hint for feathering floss.

I dont know if this is any help, and I dont use this technique myself.
But someone might find it useful. I came across a lady who did the
following. She wound the skein onto a bobbin. When she...
Forum: Needlework September 26th 10, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By F.James Cripwell
NOT OFF TOPIC - are they nuts

Jenn Ridley ) writes:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 9/25/10 2:43 PM, in article ,
"Olwyn.Mary"...
Forum: Needlework August 5th 10, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 79
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Who are we?

I am Jim, one of the few male stitchers around. I started stitching in
1975; I found rctn in the early 1990's. I ran out of stitching patterns
I liked to do, and which were on sale in needlework...
Forum: Needlework July 31st 10, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By F.James Cripwell
?? for the gents

Lynoth ) writes:
Hello friends!

I will be attempting to teach my boyfriend to cross stitch shortly,
yay! One thing I know well after, well, a few years on this old Earth,
Forum: Needlework July 22nd 10, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Scissors for perforated paper

Sara ) writes:
I am doing a bunch of Mill Hill kits right now, in between my
Chatelaine, and I am having a dickens of a time cutting them out
neatly. Send me to remedial...
Forum: Needlework July 21st 10, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By F.James Cripwell
A public Thank You.

"Jinx Minx" ) writes:

Is 3810 one of the colors that DMC has tweaked over the years? And would an
older skein of 3810 match? I have tons and tons of older DMC in the...
Forum: Needlework July 20th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By F.James Cripwell
A public Thank You.

I posted last week about trying to match some green thread. I knew it was
good thread; either DMC or Anchor. Many years ago, I bought the book of
sample DMC threads. What I forgot was that it was...
Forum: Needlework July 13th 10, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By F.James Cripwell
Help with Anchor thresd in Canada

It is a bit of a long story. I am doing a piece of cross stitch for
someone else; a kit she bought some years ago in Thailand. There are two
greens, which need a lot of thread. In the kit there...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 297