Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen C - California
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 12, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
What I'm DONE Stitching

My MLI Memorial Stitchalong piece, "My Quilt" (TG-39) (www.tiag.com)

I was working on it on vacation and had hoped to finish it on the flight
home, but had a few more stitches in her apron to do...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 61
OT Yards and cubic yards

Lucille wrote:

I might add, it sounds like your garden is almost as big as my whole house.

Cheryl's garden is almost larger than my entire piece of property. (32x80)

--
Forum: Needlework December 25th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 24

The year of the divorce, I had to spend Christmas alone, as well as my
birthday (which fell on a holiday weekend) -- all my friends were
spending the long weekend with boyfriends and didn't want a...
Forum: Needlework December 25th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Christmas Greetings!

Trish Brown wrote:

NB. The Ugly Sister and I have a long green belt which we've been
fobbing off on each other for several years now. Last Christmas, I gave
it to her in the middle of a...
Forum: Needlework December 25th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Christmas Greetings!

Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a Good Night!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit
Forum: Needlework August 19th 08, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 237
Yoohoo, Mommies!

Dr. Brat wrote:

You generalize from your personal
observations and then get ****y when others counter with their personal
observations. The article Ericka quotes shows that Lucille and...
Forum: Needlework August 19th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 237
Yoohoo, Mommies!

Dr. Brat wrote:

The part that you snipped, DIP****:

Is this the way you conduct your classroom discussions, by misquoting
people and calling them dip****s when they don't bore everyone by...
Forum: Needlework August 11th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 245
While you stitch - who's watching the Olympics

Jangchub wrote:
I think this insane, frivilous training regimens are not healthy. I
understand why we have the sport, but to completely stop your growth,
stop menses due to no body fat and...
Forum: Needlework August 11th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 245
While you stitch - who's watching the Olympics

ellice wrote:
At least they don't look like men - or the old German & Soviet athletes of
the 60s-70s.

German TV had an interview with a couple of "female" East German
athletes a couple...
Forum: Needlework August 11th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 245
While you stitch - who's watching the Olympics

anne wrote:

As the mother of a former gymnast, I can vouch for training routines that might
stafe off development and puberty. When my daughter's hormones finally kicked
in, she grew 4...
Forum: Needlework August 11th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 245
While you stitch - who's watching the Olympics

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

And which sports are you watching. I'm watching the swimming, the gymnastics
and equestrian (when I can find it). I'll watch the track and field stuff
when that coverage...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 24
OT I am sooooooooo not a Happy Camper!

Becky A wrote:

Thermal paste doesn't dry out. Period. That's the whole point of
thermal paste. On top of that, ideal conditions for rack servers (which
are way higher load than home...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 145
Well, the peace and quiet is over and so is the stitching time

Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) wrote:

Beer from a pottery mug? Never tried that, might have a go tonight.

It's called a beer stein. Quite popular among my people. ;)
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

ellice wrote:
Personally, I think a lot of people tend to classify their serious headaches
as migraines, when they're actually not - although still painful.

Ellice

I went back and forth...
Forum: Needlework August 5th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 24
My New Frame is Empty???

Lucille wrote:

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

Forum: Needlework July 25th 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 104
Ot Living ancient langugaes My Finished Sampler

Jangchub wrote:
In Spanish she said "this asshole doesn't
know what we're talking about," and I answered in Spanish! She nearly
fainted white!

Yep. When we were dating, we were in a bar...
Forum: Needlework July 25th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 104
Ot Living ancient langugaes My Finished Sampler

ellice wrote:
guy is the most "white bread" looking American you could imagine - tallish,
thin, very blonde and blue-eyed, with the lanky I'm from the mid-west farm
lands kind of walk. Great...
Forum: Needlework July 24th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Wash Day is done!

Dawne Peterson wrote:

"Mary" wrote

There are times I just HAVE to get to a shop even though I don't
really need a single thing, and that is when I generally decide I
really should pick...
Forum: Needlework July 24th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
On topic: a happy discovery

alicia in Hawaii wrote:

Aww...
We don't have a Joann's here.
Don't have a Hobby Lobby.
Don't have a Michael's.

They were all our (me and hubby) favorite hang outs
while we lived on...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
OT - test

anne wrote:

My very reliable but out dated and no longer supported newsreader seems
to have bit the dust. Recommendations for non-M$ free products are
hereby solicited.

Netscape -- you'll...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 08, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
On topic: a happy discovery

Susan Hartman wrote:
I was in JoAnn Fabrics today, and they've started carrying the BritStich
mags: Cross Stitching, Cross Stitch Gold, and one other. They also carry
Mary Hickmott's new...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 38
Needlepoint Stained Glass Kitty

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Gee, and here I thought I was the only one she enabled! LOL

Cheryl
Forum: Needlework July 22nd 08, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 38
Needlepoint Stained Glass Kitty

ellice wrote:

Anyhow, I encourage you to play with one of those charts - if you like one.
They definitely aren't your grandmother's NP.

I'll second that. I looooooooooooove Laura...
Forum: Needlework July 22nd 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 38
Needlepoint Stained Glass Kitty

F.James Cripwell wrote:

A little word to your DH, from one who knows. The older one gets, the
more likely one is going to be out of action for a significantg amount of
time. What if this...
Forum: Needlework July 22nd 08, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 38
Needlepoint Stained Glass Kitty

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Karen C - California wrote:

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Several years ago, I completely (and completely unintentionally)
broke up our entire Guild when I firmly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500