Showing results 1 to 25 of 206
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sally Swindells[_3_]
Forum: Quilting January 13th 14, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
what are u working on?

About to finish a shoe bag for small grandson to keep his wellies in at
nursery. I appliqued a lion on it as this is the animal used to identify
his belongings (pre-school). It took me almost as...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 13, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Quilted Christmas Tree

The jokes did appear on Facebook. The RCTQ site is very safe - much
safer than on here as its a closed site - all members are vetted so no
stranger can wander in, and you would find lots of people...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 13, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Quilted Christmas Tree

I've answered this on Facebook too. I have put (or will in a minute!)
pictures of the tree I made from a patterns that came from Cheryl in Oz
a few years ago on picasa. It is all half square...
Forum: Quilting December 12th 13, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Caryl Breyer-Fallert

I always wonder about Cheryl from Oz - The Wicked Witch of the West. She
had health problems including failing eyesight, and stopped posting. I
have just hung the Christmas Tree wall-hanging I made...
Forum: Quilting November 12th 13, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
At last!

Glad you're back quilting Pat and Taria.

I had a ufo New Years resolution this year. Only one completed though!
Our WI challenge for this year for the Suffolk Show is making various
specified...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 13, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
OT - Favourite caramel recipe for caramel apples?

Haven't tried it, but this sounds a crispy one and it even has a tip for
making the toffee stick
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13599/homemade-toffee-apples

There's also a recipe for Bonfire...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 13, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
How do you get age spots out?

I only get a true date when someone replies to a post - only 2013 showed
for me Leslie's your reply, which is why I sometimes reply to a very old
post, not realizing its age until someone points it...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging intoa lap quilt...

I just looked up lap quilts in my quillow book and the size there is 44"
x 62" so I agree with Pat that your size would be fine. In the first
post you said you wanted two borders. Have you thought...
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 13, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Buying/Selling Quilts

Hope after 11+ years she has managed to sell one!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 22/08/2013 15:40, wrote:
On Sunday,...
Forum: Quilting August 20th 13, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Testing - yet again!

Patricia

Now we are back to formality! (Monday, read today's messages at 12.05p.m.)

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 20/08/2013 08:28, Patricia...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 13, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
old member would liek to pick up again

I wonder if part of the waiting is while the administrator checks who
you are as its a moderated site. Most people here are known by a
non-de-plume which is completely different to their real name...
Forum: Quilting August 4th 13, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
HUG BLOCKS if you are interested....

Just a little added note that those who sent applique blocks to me -
those were the none-US ones of you - Jo did receive these and has them
safe and is going to add them to the pile

Sally at the...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 13, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Quilts in Movies...

The magnetic snaps are ridiculously expensive here (about £3)so I have
started to buy old handbags from charity jumble sales (which are cheaper
than charity shops) I can often get a bag for about...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 13, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Quilts in Movies...

We don't seem to venture out of Suffolk nowadays - sunny Milton Keynes
seems to be our big adventure of the year, and living at the seaside and
in this hot weather we don't seem to do holidays...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 13, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Quilts in Movies...

So do I, but I do do Facebook too. I like the pictures and also the fact
that the group is members only. I seldom use my 'ordinary' Facebook
account - really just to see what children are up to. I...
Forum: Quilting July 21st 13, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Use for Postcard Sleeves?

What about pockets inside a wallet?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 20/07/2013 21:33, Susan Laity Price wrote:
While cleaning and rearranging my...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 13, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Ping Leslie and the Furbabies

This is from the RCTQ Facebook Page:

From Karen Tucker
Was just sitting here thinking about Leslie and the Furbabies. Wonder if
she finished that cute little house she was fixing up?

Karen can...
Forum: Quilting June 8th 13, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
?? for Crazy Quilters Ribbon embroidery

Whoops - didn't notice that!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 07/06/2013 18:59, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
This thread is dated from 2003 so...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 13, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
?? for Crazy Quilters Ribbon embroidery

I Googled 'ribbon embroidery free patterns' and there seemed to be lots.
Also on Images there were a lot of pretty pictures and sites.

Sally at the Seaside...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 13, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Looking for fabric...

I knew they'd be good - anyone living in a street called Treacle Lane
and having cats would be!

British Patchwork and Quilting Mag. has a monthly article highlighting a
quilt shop and Joyce and...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 13, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Where to stay in London?

and Travelodge too. We always stay at a Travelodge when we go to DS
across the country (their house is full of baby/teenagers) and they have
some really good offers though these come and go. I...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 13, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
My turn to look for fabric

And then there are the names given to children. The first to come to
mind is Randy. Here you wouldn't give that in 1,000 years - a randy
gentleman is one who gets around, and that's a real...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 13, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
My turn to look for fabric

Oh what a language!! - In the UK a vest is underwear worn on the top
half of the body and pants are underwear worn on the bottom half ( i.e.
knickers/undershorts/panties). In the US they are a...
Forum: Quilting May 30th 13, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Looking for fabric...

At the bottom of the 'cat fabric' page there is a red blob that you
press to order. You then get an order form with little pictures of the
cat fabrics below and a space for amount (min. of 1/2...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 13, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Looking for fabric...

Anything here? (UK)

http://www.contentedcat.co.uk/

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 29/05/2013 08:02, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
Try browsing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 206