Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Linda[_2_]
Forum: Quilting April 16th 09, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Domestic sewing machine

Hello,
I tried to reply to your post the other day, but didn't see it so will try
again. I had a Domestic machine for a long time. My parents bought it for me
when I was in high school in the...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Domestic sewing machine

I don't know who made the Domestic machine, but I had one for a long time
and never had any trouble with it, other than I had to replace the foot
pedal. My parents bought it for me when I was in...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Trip to the Amish Country

Here's another one: there is a small town near here called Rhine, which is
pronounced Rye nee in this area.

The accent is on the Ber part of the name as opposed to the lin of the
German. I think...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 09, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Trip to the Amish Country

Here ins west central Ohio we have Versailles, which is pronounced Ver
sales, and Russia, pronounced Roosh ee, and also Houston, pronounced House
ton.
Linda

"John" wrote...
The accent is on the...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Fabric for Quilty Looking Vests

I am interested but not able to get email reply to work.
Please reply at .
Thanks,
Linda
"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By Linda[_2_]
OT very basic computer question

I had to call for service on my refrigerator a few days ago, and needed to
give the serial number. It is located just inside the door, in a spot not to
difficult to see with my bifocals if I got on...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Another HUG delivered!!

Thanks to all of you who helped put together the HUG quilt. I am sure the
person receiving it will be happy to have it and to know how much effort you
made to show that you care. I had two rounds...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Linda[_2_]
OT Bells Palsy

I had a mild case about this time last summer. It was about three weeks
after I had been hospitalized with a bacterial infection. One of my
customers at work noticed that one side of my mouth was...
Forum: Quilting April 13th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Have to vent NOT OT

All I can say is, be glad you checked so early into the project. It could
have been much worse if you had done a lot more sewing before you found your
mistake.
"Cindy Schmidt"...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Paducah is coming!

Which weekend is it?
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
I'm planning on driving over for just the one day to check...
Forum: Quilting February 26th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Directory

Just wondered if the directory has been posted, and if so where I find it. I
don't get all my posts here, so I apologize if this has been addressed
before.
Linda
Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Spot-Cleaning a Quilt?

Sherry,
I don't see why you couldn't try spot cleaning with a wash cloth and a
little gentle soap. My favorite is Fels Naptha bar soap. Rinsing might be
the tricky part. Since I don't have much...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Sales people grrr!

Ii watched Nancy Zieman's PBS program this morning, it was the second
episode of three for beginning quilters. She started with a basic block with
an outline, then showed several ways to vary it....
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Linda[_2_]
I bought fabric

I must be dense, or maybe it's the chemo brain. I scrolled through the
entire list of fabrics but didn't see one called Full Sun. Would really
like to see what you picked. Can you give me a clue...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Linda[_2_]
I bought fabric

It must be my chemo brain, I scrolled through the whole list of fabrics and
didn't find one called Full Sun. Would love to see what you picked.
Linda
"Sunny" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 31st 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Time for another Roll Call?

Hello,
I'm Linda from western Ohio. I've been reading this group for a few years
now, but post only occasionally. I have learned so much about quilting from
all of you.

I'm 59 years old, and have...
Forum: Quilting January 15th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Santa got the day wrong!

Glad to hear your computer is working again, and you have a new serger to
play with too.... I know what you mean about waiting for delivery of a
special package, I stayed home today waiting for...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Linda[_2_]
gift card

Good morning,
I have a $250 gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket. I'd like to use
it on something sewing or quilting related, but I'm not sure what to get.
Any suggestions would be...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Sewing Machine Inventory

I have two Vikings, a Designer I and an SE. My husband thinks I should sell
one of them, but I don't want to do that. I told him I can sew on one while
the other is embroidering, but he doesn't buy...
Forum: Quilting January 7th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Linda[_2_]
moving, moving, moving

Don't know where you heard that line, but I know there is a similar one in
the movie, "The Apartment." Jack Lemmon tells Shirley MacLaine, (I'm quoting
from memory, but it goes something like this)...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 08, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Linda[_2_]
First project of the year - not OT

What a nice idea Ginger. I'm sure it will mean a lot to your friend, and it
will help your co-workers deal with this shock as well. The flannel backing
is a good idea, there is something especially...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Yvette

Thanks for the info. I looked at the website, and it looks like a great
product. I am at home for a while now due to chemo treatments, so have more
time for sewing and quilting than when I'm...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Yvette

I don't have EQ6 but have been thinking of getting it. Just wondered after
reading this, are updates not available? I don't know if I want to buy it if
I can't update it.
Also, would appreciate...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By Linda[_2_]
So What's Wrong With A Singer?

Hi,
I bought a Viking 980 in 1980, and used it very heavily, almost every day,
until I started working fulltime in 1986. After that I still used it a great
deal, and never had any problems with it....
Forum: Quilting November 4th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Linda[_2_]
Mechanical Sewing machine moment

John, It just goes to show, if you want something done right, you have to do
it yourself.
Ginger, Were you at the "biggest sale of the year" that seems to happen
every weekend at JCP? Those ads get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27