Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 7.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kate Dicey
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 06, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Kate Dicey
quilting humor - new thread

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

"quilter" wrote in message

As I have just sewed a row for the third time and have...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 06, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kate Dicey
I can't keep up!

Jessamy wrote:

Hiya Kate,

welcome to the group :-D

which group?

the group of people who can't keep up of course LOL
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 06, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kate Dicey
I can't keep up!

Debi Matlack wrote:

{{{{{{{{Kate}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Pause for a moment, take a breath, then dive back into whatever you need to
do.

It's been one of those months!

Two stonkingly good quality head...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 06, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kate Dicey
I can't keep up!

Sorry, everyone! But between the work, preparations for Christmas (I
made 14 lbs of mincemeat and 7lbs worth or Christmas Puddings this week,
and have the cakes to do still!), and the various...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

CATS wrote:

Oh I would love to have a treadle machine again. I learned
to sew on one and I cried when my mother THREW AWAY her old
Singer, I have a lovely old motorised singer here in a
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Kate Dicey
is it too late for UGLY?

pami wrote:

If a prize came it would be that Science Project...hehehehe
Pami

But have you got my triffid eyes and the eye-distorting dried blood
stripes yet, and that acid yellow with...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Kate Dicey
OT - Update on the Little Guy

Mika wrote:

Well, the pediatrician called with some of the results of the baby's
endoscopy. He definitely has ulcers, we just don't know exactly what is
causing them. They haven't gotten all...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Kate Dicey
VERY OT One answer for all those questions/emails! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

Okay, might as well spill it. I had some much-needed surgery Wed.
morning to repair some plumbing woes. (My hospital quilt was finished
in time and did...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Boca Jan wrote:

As an aside - my first sewing machine was an Old Singer which was my mothers
first sewing machine which she got from my grandma. One step up from the
crank kind, but it did...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Carolyn McCarty wrote:

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to come see them! I do love sewing
machines..........:-) Enjoy, Kate!

I'll put them all on the web site eventually. :)

--
Kate ...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Boca Jan wrote:

How beautiful!

Isn't it just! :)

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 06, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

IMS wrote:

Ooooohhh...you lucky girl! That is GORGEOUS.

I'm going to try fitting the new belt today... :)

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of...
Forum: Sewing December 2nd 06, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
Posted By Kate Dicey
Buying Husqvarna Viking E10

Sordale wrote:
Hi all,
I'm considering buying a Husqvarna Viking E10. It's my first sewing
machine and I'd like to know if any of you own this model. Would you
say that it's a good one? Would...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Taria wrote:

That is a pretty machine Kate. I quit looking and bringing machines
home for the most part. The house is more than full here and I
had to learn to say no! Only machine I could...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Sandy Foster wrote:

Omigosh, that's *gorgeous*! Lucky you!

It's very pretty, but takes a needle no longer made, so I may have to
find it a position in a collector's museum collection. I have an...
Forum: Sewing December 1st 06, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing with Corduroy...any tips?

wrote:
Dear Fiveda,

Corduroy can be sewn the same as velvet. First, make sure that you've
cut all the pieces in the same direction. It's very obvious is they
aren't,...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

IMS wrote:

What fun, Kate; can't wait to find out what they are!

Not as much as I can't! ;)

And 19!! Holy cow!

Alan is threatening to either move out to the shed or stay in
Peterborough!...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Polly Esther wrote:

I'm with Irene. That does sound like big fun. Kate, I hope that at least
one is a gorgeous treasure. It could happen. Please do report back. Polly

Treasure fell...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Sewing machines keep falling on my head...

Not quite literally!

4 more will be arriving in the next few weeks from a lady at my Weight
Watchers group. They've been in her attic for 4 years. One may be a
Brother. At least one is a hand...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Kate Dicey
I did it -- got a new power tool

Polly Esther wrote:

It has never crossed my mind to use the serger on fake fur. Doesn't that
stuff really chew on the serger blades? I'm mighty protective of my good
scissors when playing...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Kate Dicey
I did it -- got a new power tool

IMS wrote:

I got so frustrated with my 20-year old Babylock serger a few days back,
when serging some fake fur, making matching ponchos for the two little
nieces for Christmas....

Have...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 06, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Kate Dicey
And a notice

Polly Esther wrote:

Have I mentioned lately that December is almost here and it will be time
soon? Polly

Today? :)

Forum: Quilting November 30th 06, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate Dicey
Needles and thread

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ueobh.24075$oP6.11117@trnddc03,
Taria wrote:

I just got a package of assorted machine needles in my
mailbox. ($71.00 of...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 06, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Kate Dicey
OT an update

GrammyKathy wrote:

Dh has found someone, FINALLY, to fix the truck. If everything goes ok
he should be back on the road either Sat or maybe Monday (No dispatch
on the weekend). We are still...
Forum: Sewing November 30th 06, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Kate Dicey
WHITE 999 bobbin jamming problems.

Juno wrote:
dusty wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having
with a WHITE brand sewing machine, model 999. I don't have the manual
for it.
The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500