Showing results 1 to 25 of 179
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: steve
Forum: Quilting July 26th 09, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By steve
free down load

Downloaded and saved. Just what I need is another idea floating around in
my head. I can see pieced backgrounds and embroidered designs with a
sashing in between the blocks. Use ultrasuede for...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 09, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By steve
Over the River Embroidery -- One Done!

Your quilt is beautiful. Another style of pattern that I have thought of
doing. It incorporates handwork which I love and piecing which is great
too. I've got a CD of redwork patterns which I've...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 09, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By steve
OT-Breast Cancer Dance

Hi All

Was checking out Yahoo News and came across this segmant from "So You Think
You Can Dance." I don't watch the show but clicked on the link anyways.
Beautiful dancing choreographed in honor...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 09, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By steve
Back from my travels

Hi All

Here goes again with this post. I guess that the first one vanished into
cyberland.

Had a really good visit with family in Michigan. Made it back for my
niece's HS graduation party, took...
Forum: Quilting July 21st 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By steve
I'm Back

Hi All

I finally got back home to Alaska last Friday. So good to be eating home
cooking and sleeping in my bed again.

Family visits were really good. Arrived in time for my niece's HS...
Forum: Quilting July 21st 09, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By steve
OT - No baby yet!

Hi

I'm sure she'll be just fine. 48 years ago I was three weeks overdue,
induced labor, and I only weighed 5 lbs 12 oz. Small for the time but I
came through just fine. Willow will too.

Made...
Forum: Quilting June 24th 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By steve
OT-Offline for a bit

Taria

I'm apparently quite close to M&L. About 6.5 miles away. I'm staying at
the Hilton Convention Center right next to Disney.

I'll be in meetings most days. Monday and Tuesday nights are...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 09, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By steve
OT-Offline for a bit

Hello all

I'm off to visit family in the midwest, Northwest Michigan, for about two
weeks, go to my niece's open house, help Mom around the house, visit Grandma
who is now 90, and see my sisters. ...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By steve
Annoying Webshots Audio plug-ins

I've been using Picasa on Google. It is free. I haven't really used it a
whole lot so I haven't figured a lot out or how user friendly/unfriendly it
is.

Steven
Alaska

"John"...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By steve
threat net, felt discs, welcome home

Yes, I am still alive and kicking. More on that later.

Leslie, it's long, but I found that if I cut it, it didn't work really well.
Hard to explain, but it was too flat or something on the spool...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By steve
SM quilting in drag

I remember them all the time on my Mom's machines, and with our new
machines, Vikings, we have the thread net that we put over the spool of
thread since it is horizontal, instead of the felt...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By steve
OT OT OT - Changes in Mastectomy Insurance Procedures

18 Hours! How lucky she was. My student's mother was sent home after 4
leaving him and his dad to take care of things. I am writing my
congressional people directly to let them know how I...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 09, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By steve
ARRRRRGH!!!! Trying to sew ONE block!

The design is called Norther Lights, basically a 4 by 4 with four of the
blocks HSTs. So, no I can't cut it down without losing the design. That's
okay though. It's purple and I like the color...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 09, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By steve
ARRRRRGH!!!! Trying to sew ONE block!

So, I also peruse a men's quilting group on Yahoo. One of the members very
suddenly passed away two weeks ago at the age of 41. What is known as a HUG
quilt on RCTQ was proposed for his partner. ...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 09, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By steve
my health (again! but noy bad)

Hi

Glad to here you are doing somewhat better. Hang in there. Some days I
think Doctor's are some of the smartest dumbest people on earth. The road
can be long but it will be all better in the...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By steve
Cool new site I found, at least new to me

Thanks for sending this. I have been checking the site a lot but nothing
and had forgotten it. Now it is up and running. I'll have to take the long
way home from work one of these days and check...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 09, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By steve
O.T. Star Trek 2009

I can't wait to see it too. We want to go this weekend and take Paul, our
neighbor in the wheelchair, but that would probably be chaos. I'm really a
Voyager fan, but I love them all. Maybe next...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 09, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By steve
Have Ya'll seen this! Julie Andrews fans especially

I've been watching this over and over. I love it! I saved it to my
desktop. I've already talked to the assistant principal about trying to get
something together like this for during assemblies...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By steve
Thanks for the thoughts

Sorry everyone. I sent this in the wrong spot. Even so, it does explain a
bit more why Virginia was important to me through my Dad and Bruce.

You are all very special.

Thanks

Steven
Alaska
Forum: Quilting April 30th 09, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By steve
Thanks for the thoughts

Hi

Thanks for the thoughts. I really appreciate it. The last time that I saw
her was at my Dad's service. I saw her husband, my Dad's friend, on a
somewhat regular basis as I was growing up as he...
Forum: Quilting March 29th 09, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By steve
Drafting curved flying geese

Thanks everyone. I've copied all of your help to a Word file and printed it
out for later. So many things to think about and lovely pictures to look
at.

Steven
Alaska

"steve"...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By steve
Pictures of Paper Piecing

I sent this last night but I seem to not be getting all messages in or out
or something so I will try again.

Here is the link to my latest attempts at paper piecing. Please be kind. I
know that...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 09, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By steve
Drafting curved flying geese

Thanks

I guess that I never thought of it being that straight forward to do. What
fun this could be.

Steven
Alaska

"KJ" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting March 28th 09, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By steve
New Pictures

Well, I figured that I might as well cross this off my list right away.

I guess that I have already posted the other pics from projects finished
over Christmas. Here is a link for the two...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 09, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By steve
Drafting curved flying geese

Hello all

As if I don't have enough UFO's and other things to keep me busy, my mind is
planning other ideas. Part of it is that I did some more paper piecing over
spring break, fairly successful,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 179