Showing results 1 to 25 of 181
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Georgia
Forum: Yarn July 21st 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By Georgia
Knitting detectives

Wasn't Agatha CHristie's Miss Marple a knitter?

Georgia

"Cece" wrote in message
Two mystery authors are...
Forum: Yarn July 17th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Georgia
Another great link

THat is a beautiful design! I'm going to have to figure out how to adapt it
for a sweater or something...

Georgia

"Shillelagh" wrote in...
Forum: Beads July 12th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 21
Posted By Georgia
FOR KARLEEN (and other old single women, LOL)

Becki,
I'm so glad you're back!

Georgia

"Beckibead" wrote in message
I haven't slept much the last two days. A...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
Posted By Georgia
OT Gail

Dennis, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you
and your family.

Georgia

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn June 4th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Georgia
May finished objects

I'm very impressed! I tried felting some mittens once, concluded it took
more experimentation and engineering than I had patience for.

Georgia

"Shillelagh" wrote in...
Forum: Beads June 4th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 16
Posted By Georgia
Some new Wire, Seed Beading, and a new dog!

Oooh, I like the lapis pendant!

Georgia

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
A friend bought a lapis cab and asked me to wire wrap it for her. ...
Forum: Yarn June 4th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Georgia
May finished objects

I'm getting used to them. I expect the next pair will be pretty colorful
too, because there's a lot of leftover yarn that will go into them. Mixing
self striping yars is even more fun than just...
Forum: Yarn June 4th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Georgia
May finished objects

The basic pattern for the hat comes from Warm Woolies--I'm afraid I knitted
that one on smaller-than-regulation needles, so it is definitely an infant
hat. The color pattern I just made up as I went...
Forum: Yarn June 4th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Georgia
May finished objects

Finished two items for Warm Woolies (www.warmwoolies.org ) an infant hat
with vertical striping to prove to myself I could knit one color in each
hand, and a wool vest with alpaca stripe. Also The...
Forum: Yarn June 1st 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By Georgia
Tank top - in the round or flat?

Thought #1--what the heck, go for it--if worse comes to worst, you can wear
it with a contrasting tank top under it.

Thought #2--If you wear wool, wool, wool in the winter, do you wear wool
scarves...
Forum: Yarn May 31st 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By Georgia
Tank top - in the round or flat?

My 2 cents: if the yarn grows, save it for a scarf. Knit into a sweater, it
will fall off your shoulders and flow past your wrists and sag about your
hips. Been there, done that.

It sounds like it...
Forum: Yarn May 24th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Georgia
Lion incredible yarn quandary part 2 -- what do you think?

Plied wool and acrylic are elastic--they spring back when stretched--so I
would think they would do a better job of helping the sweater keep its
shape. Cotton and silk are inelastic, and hand knitted...
Forum: Yarn May 20th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Georgia
hat sizing

"Karlisa" wrote in message
... It's a great way to
experiment with my knitting because whatever I produce is bound to fit...
Forum: Yarn May 20th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Georgia
hat sizing

I have made this hat a couple of times, with one thickness of worsted weight
wool on #8 needles. (I'm pretty sure they were #8s--I don't think I have
10.5 dpns.) Yes, it comes out pretty small, and...
Forum: Beads May 3rd 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 0
Posted By Georgia
The Crafts Report back issues

I have five years' worth of issues of The Crafts Report (2000-2004) journal
for professional craft artists and galleries to give away. Let me know if
you want them, and we'll figure a way to do the...
Forum: Polymer Clay May 3rd 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 0
Posted By Georgia
The Crafts Report back issues

I have five years' worth of issues of The Crafts Report (2000-2004) journal
for professional craft artists and galleries to give away. Let me know if
you want them, and we'll figure a way to do the...
Forum: Yarn May 3rd 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 0
Posted By Georgia
The Crafts Report back issues

I have five years' worth of issues of The Crafts Report (2000-2004) journal
for professional craft artists and galleries to give away. Let me know if
you want them, and we'll figure a way to do the...
Forum: Yarn April 28th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Georgia
Excellent Knitting Techniques Blog

Great blog--thanks for sharing!

Georgia

"willi" wrote in message
Hi everyone...

This site gives excellent...
Forum: Beads April 10th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Georgia
OT Another string to my bow

You go, girl!
And that settles it. I am taking Drawing II, and Acting I in the fall!

Georgia

"Shirley Shone" wrote in...
Forum: Beads April 10th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Georgia
OT Another string to my bow

Shirley, they are stunning! A question: is the texturing 3-dimensional, or a
digital manipulation? Id doesn't change my appreciation--I'm just curious.

Georgia

"Shirley Shone"...
Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Georgia
buttons?

As a maker of polymer clay buttons, I asked this question of knitters a few
years ago. Part of the answer is, it depends on the fabric. For bulky knits
you need big buttons, maybe with shanks. For...
Forum: Yarn April 8th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Georgia
beginner sock knitter

Once you get started knitting 2 at a time, it's not that complicated. It
takes about 3 rows to recognize that there is a rhythm to it: knit across,
change yarn; knit across, change needles; knit...
Forum: Beads April 7th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Georgia
OT (but glass-related) Blown Glass

This installation is at FAirchild Gardens in Miami. I think it may be ending
soon though.

Georgia

"Vicky" wrote in...
Forum: Beads April 6th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Georgia
OT (but glass-related) Blown Glass

I just got my pictures up from my spring break in Florida where I saw the
Chihuly installation at Fairchild Gardens. If you ever get a chance to see
any of his work in person, go for...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Georgia
A new picture

Very elegant! I like how the variegated yarn turned out.

Georgia

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Hi Gang!

I'm almost finished a baby...