Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: René
Forum: Quilting July 18th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By René
support request - sorta OT, sorta long

On Jul 17, 8:12 am, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
I think I've mentioned before that I get together every Friday with 6 or
8 others to quilt, visit, drink coffee,...
Forum: Quilting May 27th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By René
Blue and Saffron Picture

I loved looking at all your quilts -- what a wonderful bunch of things
you've created! I'm looking at, "Wild Things" right now -- is it a
miniature? I love anything mini and have only made a...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 07, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By René
OT--elimination communication....diaper free living

Sounds wonderful, but it seems that all it amounts to is that the parent is
the one who gets "potty trained." The child will get potty trained when
they're good and ready, in my experience, and...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 07, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By René
quilting math help

I'm totally hopeless when it comes to this. If I have to re-do
measurements, the only way I can do it is if I draw the block out on graph
paper, making the ratio as large as necessary, to see how...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 07, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By René
Scrap Quilts

It sure does help! Thank you so much -- I always wondered how people did
that.

René

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By René
Scrap Quilts

Just Googled this and up popped up this book on eBay. I don't know the
seller, or anything else about it. Google can find anything! ...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By René
Speaking of Double Wedding Ring quilts....

Wow! What a great bunch of quilts!! I love "Colors" and "Tossed Salads"
especially, because I love scrappy quilts so much. Your DWR is great, too.
I wouldn't have thought to make the arches that...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By René
a reminder

Thank you for the reminder. My old Poota died and I had to get a new one.
Now I have to find all my old favorite sites again. Anybody have any others
that just take clicking in once a day? I...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By René
The quilt from hell update.

LOL I'm still giggling over this post! Gotta love the sense of humor, or
we'd cry, huh? :)

René

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By René
Tumbling Blocks Help

I've done the same thing with a Grandmother's Garden quilt. I'm doing it
the old-fashioned way and may never get it finished, but I love doing it. I
found a neat old vintage train case in near...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By René
way OT - but I did learn it here

Debra, I have very fair, sensitive skin, which is kinda weird because I'm
1/4 Native American. I inherited my mother's Scandinavian complexion, I
guess. I tan quite easily and when I was a little...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By René
Why I don't post very often.

This is such a large group. I don't post much either, because I can't keep
up. When I really want help though, this is the first place to go --
there's such a great combination of people. ...
Forum: Quilting April 15th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By René
Paper Piecing

People, thanks for the suggestion to get Carol's DVD. I think that's the
best solution for me. As soon as I can save the money, I'll do just that.
Tank you.

René

"Sandy"...
Forum: Quilting April 15th 07, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By René
Rainbow Bridge

There have been so many of our furbabies who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge
lately. I wonder how many of them were due, in some extent, by the poisoned
pet food? It's so scary, and so...
Forum: Quilting April 12th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By René
how to...

I've crocheted them together. Put the squares right side together, single
crochet in a stitch that is more towards the back than the front. I think
it's sturdier than just slip stitching them...
Forum: Quilting April 12th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By René
way OT - but I did learn it here

I love mine, too! I'd given up using any makeup, but when this came out, I
had to try it. And wow! It's great! Easy, super-quick, good to your skin,
and people don't even know you're wearing...
Forum: Quilting April 7th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By René
OT totally off topic postal service

She honks and wants you go run out to her car to get your package??!! What
a bunch of crap!! No joke! What if you were ill, or in a wheelchair, or in
the bathroom?
I really can't imagine the...
Forum: Quilting April 6th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By René
Paper Piecing

I used to be able to sit down, read instructions, and figure out how to do
almost anything I put my mind to. Nowadays, however, my brain has been on
vacation. I sat down with a good book on paper...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By René
Idea for Practice Pieces

Hi Jeanne! My cousin and her family has done that for the past couple
years. She was asking me if I had any Christmas fabric I don't want
anymore. HUH?? Don't want anymore? LOL It's a great...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By René
Kona Bay Emperor Collection

If you like Asian designs, you have to see these! The site says they are
very limited, so if you want them you have to get them while they're out.
(Or pre-order.) NAAY (or is that NAYY ? - can't...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By René
Idea for Practice Pieces

Jeanne - I've already made bags of all sizes, shapes and uses. My
granddaughters like them, too, for their little toys, and for Barbie
clothes. Fat quarters are the perfect thing for those...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By René
Idea for Practice Pieces

But it just seems so frivolous and totally fru-fru to make quilted drawer
liners. I'll open the drawer and that cute little qult will peak up at me
like a pretty little secret. I love...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By René
Idea for Practice Pieces

How cute! I can just see my kids -- "Mom's lost it! She's making quilts
for the potatoes now!" LOL

But I can see how hand they'd be. Great idea! Thanks!

René

"Judy"...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By René
martha stewart

Hey, I was an OB nurse for 10 years. We frequently missed our meal breaks.
Babies don't wait until you get back from lunch, ya know. LOL

I remember many times how thrilled we were to find old...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By René
Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

I do admire her in many ways. She's got guts and tenacity and lots and lots
of money. :) I think what bugs people, though, is that she comes across as
being the only person who is a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107