Showing results 1 to 25 of 415
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)
Forum: Yarn October 28th 09, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
OT - Fletcher Saga Oct 2009 - yacht rescue!

http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk/2009/10/28/rescue-of-yacht-in-mill-bay-of-stronsay
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

How about Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons? A childhood favourite of mine.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

wrote:
I admit, I lifted this from another site, but considering how many
word-aholics we have here, thought it might make an interesting topic
of discussion

On the word...
Forum: Needlework October 27th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 41
You done good Tia Mary

Tia Mary wrote:
And Diet Pepsi -- don't forget that :-)! Nothing beasts a bag of
Cheetos and glass of Diet Pepsi with lots of ice when a person needs to
put their foots up and rest tired...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Ouch OT:

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Fred wrote:

Bud Wiser came over to help me today and I'm felling 75% better.

I'm glad you have a good friend like Bud to help with that.
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 09, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
OT - a story of the desert

A man is stranded in the desert and has not eaten or drunk anything for
nearly 36 hours. He is about to die. Amazingly, as he stumbles through
the sand, he comes to three market stalls. The man...
Forum: Needlework October 21st 09, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 138
Needlework Tips

Fran wrote:
I remember fighting one like that a looong time ago. In the 80's
maybe? I think is was just when they were starting to mark a heavier
line on a grid. For that matter, I remember...
Forum: Needlework October 19th 09, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 30
Advice please - on topic

Joy Beeson wrote:
I've also had good luck with a neck-hung magnifier when I wanted small
magnification a little farther from my eyes.

One of my hobbies is finescale model railways (railroads)....
Forum: Needlework October 6th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
For the Celtic fans

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Borrow this from the library - lots of knot work and easily adaptable to
needlework. I might try some of the lacing projects to make trim some time

Forum: Needlework October 2nd 09, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
OT - Age again!

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and
thinking, surely I can't look that old? Well, you'll love this one!
My name is Alice Smith and I was sitting in the waiting room for...
Forum: Sewing October 2nd 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
Sewing machines back in fashion?

Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk
"Resistance is NOT futile, it's voltage divided by current"
Forum: Yarn October 2nd 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Sewing machines back in fashion?

Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk
"Resistance is NOT futile, it's voltage divided by current"
Forum: Needlework October 2nd 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Sewing machines back in fashion?

Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk
"Resistance is NOT futile, it's voltage divided by current"
Forum: Needlework September 18th 09, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 39
So what is everybody reading

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/17/09 10:08 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

I just started the new Kathy Reichs...
Forum: Needlework September 7th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
MyBigToeDesigns :o)

Parrotfish wrote:
I fell in love with the 'Name of God' project (can't remember who
stitched it, sorry)
Ordered it on 30th August and it arrived today....... whoooo-hooo!
We are going to...
Forum: Needlework September 4th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Healthy knitting

Liz wrote:
Fichu is definitely a lap cat! She also spends time on the bedspread
in our bedroom or on the windowsill or . . . . . As with others she is
especially fond of jumping into my lap...
Forum: Needlework September 3rd 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Healthy knitting

wrote:
Oddly enough this cat and her predecessor were not lap cats. I swear
if this one departs the world I shall test out cats at the shelter for
lapability lol

Our cat,...
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Healthy knitting

"There is growing evidence that knitting has health benefits such as
helping to lower stress levels and reducing the risk of memory loss. A
clinical trial has previously demonstrated the benefits...
Forum: Yarn August 28th 09, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
OT - Fletcher Saga August 2009

http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk/2009/08/28/update-on-the-stronsay-beast
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
OT - Fletcher Saga August 2009

http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk/2009/08/28/update-on-the-stronsay-beast
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://claremont.islandblogging.co.uk
Forum: Needlework August 19th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Marmite again

http://www.marmite.co.uk/love/worldwide/north-america.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

Although I'm colour-blind I find the description of colours to be a
fascinating subject. Here's an article from a medieval re-enactment
group in the...
Forum: Needlework August 11th 09, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Stitch Away

Belinda Alene wrote:
I have been slowly collecting the parts for a Singer treadle sewing machine.
That is what I watched my mother use to make the family wardrobes up until I was
about six. A...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 09, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
violinist for your art/craft fair booth- free

stroll wrote:
Michigan violinist available in southern states (Winter) and northern
states April through October.

But can you sew, knit or crochet?
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

Olwyn.Mary wrote:
How on earth did I manage to study algebra, geometry and trigonometry
with only a pencil, noteboook and set of log tables????????

Same here except that later on we were taught...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 415