Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By John
The Messenger Bag/Purse

On Dec 22, 9:05*pm, "DiMa" wrote:
John, I really love that bag.

Did you have a pattern for it or was it one you made up yourself.? *I would
love to try and make one...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By John
The Messenger Bag/Purse

On Dec 22, 8:10*pm, "Patti (formerly) in Seattle"
wrote:
What a great bag! If your wife decides that tropical prints don't suit
her, I know a happy home in Florida where...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By John
The Messenger Bag/Purse

Here is a link to the completed Messenger Bag/Purse that was made from
the Susie Robbins Tropical Prints that I recently acquired. I have yet
to get the interior locking hooks that hold the keys and...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Some Samples I was given.

On Dec 20, 11:58*pm, "jeanne-nzlstar*"
wrote:
that is what threw me too, Patti.
i was thinking octogons, 8 sides aka snowball block, hence my comment about
sashing and...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Some Samples I was given.

On Dec 20, 9:21*pm, "Laurie G. in CA" wrote:
She used to live here in my area..... in fact, one of the quilting books I
worked on for Kooler Design Studio used her fabrics...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Some Samples I was given.

On Dec 20, 3:41*pm, "jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote:
octogon aka snowball blocks.
could also sash them in the black with small cornerstones to match colours
in the...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Some Samples I was given.

On Dec 19, 5:53*pm, "Patti (formerly) in Seattle"
wrote:
John - you're SO lucky!!! One of my favorite fabrics on the planet is
tropical prints, and you scored!. You can...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By John
The last of 4 Sewing machine covers

On Dec 19, 12:04*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Nicely done, John. *Now - tell us that you've behaved yourself and your hand
is as good as new. *No more peace signs at passing...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Some Samples I was given.

Here are some samples from the Design studio of Susie M Robbins, who
is a fabric designer for P & B Textiles and is a friend of my wife's.
Susie's Aunt, Gertrude, lives just up the street from us and...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By John
The last of 4 Sewing machine covers

Here is the last remaining sewing machine cover from the recent do
over of the look of my sewing room. I had wanted to refresh the covers
on all of the machines, and this finally does it. Tumbling...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By John
lurker with a ?

On Dec 14, 2:37*pm, (Karen Z) wrote:
i have really enjoyed reading your ng and i am just now getting ready to
start quilting in my life (69 yrs old). *i have a little stash...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

On Dec 13, 2:00*pm, "KJ" wrote:
EEEWWWW! *I'm so glad it wasn't any worse than that John. *Your poor wife
must have been scared out of her wits.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Dec 13, 12:17*pm, Dannielle wrote:
John,

I can't remember. *Did you post a pattern for this bag or is this one
you created on your own? *If it's a pattern from the...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By John
OT Been shopping

On Dec 12, 2:35*pm, (NightMist) wrote:
The circumstances of a leaking hot water tank forced me into actually
going out and shopping at brick and morter stores for presents...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By John
Quilts and such for Christmas Gifts

On Dec 13, 10:14*am, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
Nosy Pat here wondering if any one has finished quilts or quilted items for
Christmas gifts. (Or for other holiday if you...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

On Dec 13, 8:37*am, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
LOL to keep from crying. *My brother Bud, the logger, maintains that *when*
(not *if*) you suffer injury from a chain...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

On Dec 13, 6:56*am, anthony wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
Don't do any foreign travel during your convalescence, John. *Your condition
reminds me of a story about the...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

On Dec 12, 7:27*pm, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
What hand surgery? *I know I don't get to monitor this group often, but I
can't believe I missed that. *Sending good,...
Forum: Quilting December 12th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

On Dec 12, 8:06*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
John, I was just thinking . . . (an event that is a little scary) that while
you're healing, you would enjoy traveling around the...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Some new machine covers

I was going nuts recovering from hand surgery and being unable to do
anything creative. Well I finally was able to use my hands for
something. Not the most complex things, but they were needed as...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By John
Was-My DH passed away this morning.

On Dec 9, 10:25*am, simpleseven wrote:
It has been two weeks this morning that my beloved Terry has moved on
to the next realm. *Most times I walk around here lost. *I...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By John
The first quilt done on the treadle conversion

On Dec 4, 10:12*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Beautiful as always! So is it an aerobic workout?
Good luck with the surgery.
Roberta in D

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:29:52 -0800 (PST),...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By John
The first quilt done on the treadle conversion

Here is a quick quilt made from leftover pieces of fabric from
previously finished quilts. I made it for a soon to arrive baby of an
in-law baby producing unit.( Niece & Husband). I did it entirely...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By John
Irons; can you stand it again?

On Dec 2, 5:50*pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

John, what happened to the no-hole-in-the-soleplate iron you got?

Looking thru' google rctq archives, I see my Sunbeam...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By John
Irons; can you stand it again?

On Dec 2, 8:45*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Aha, John. *There you are. *What are you up to? *It's been a while since you
reported in. *Polly

I am making a quilt for a new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500