Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: racing John
Forum: Glass January 2nd 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 17
Posted By racing John
cutting surface

I took a morton surface and turned it upside down, fit it into a wood
frame and put a single tube light inside and made a light box and have
cut glass on it for 25 years, and it has held up great,...
Forum: Glass July 6th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By racing John
The Former JK Glassman cometh

glad to see you are still around and kicking, missed not seeing you on
here
Forum: Glass April 11th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By racing John
Handmade tiffany lamp

I was very impressed with this site, so I saved it to look at again, it
is very well done & put together, and the lady does very good work.
Thank you for sharing with us
Forum: Glass January 8th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By racing John
Hello I Must Be Going

Well I will tell you that I have enjoy learning from you as I have been
coming in here for sometime, I understand the pain of the joints and
leaning over the table, but don't leave this group behind...
Forum: Glass November 28th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By racing John
My heart is sad, for those that care

my prayers goes to his family, he was a Joy and pleasure to this group.
I got alot of good info and idea's from his question's and his trip's to
the glass factory's
Forum: Glass October 21st 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By racing John
Dead Suppliers

Sometime we have to move on to other things we enjoy and all new
adventure will begin for us. You know what you have done in the past
and you enjoyed it, you met alot of people, some you never...
Forum: Glass October 6th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 23
Posted By racing John
Stained Glass Books

I agree with Javahut, it good to hear some so fired up, I make almost
all of my christmas gifts and just remember you can make anything you
can imagine or draw...
Forum: Glass October 5th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By racing John
Copper taping machines

I just call Delphi and order me one of the table foiler, should have
tomorrow or monday looking forward to using it, glad you all talked
about in here.
Forum: Glass October 2nd 07, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 8
Posted By racing John
Kokomo Glass factory

Glad you went and told us about it, I live down in Louisville, and been
thinking of going up to Kokomo to see the factory and now I want to go
also and get some glass, thanks Michael plus the got a...
Forum: Glass September 26th 07, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By racing John
Copper taping machines

I want to thank the group again, a new machine to make Christmas gift
making quicker and easier...Thank you all again
Forum: Glass September 23rd 07, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 27
Posted By racing John
Tired, tired subject-michele

wow that brought back some old times, I will have to check and see if I
still have that dimmer box that I made back in the 70's, time sure does
fly dont it
Forum: Glass September 15th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 32
Posted By racing John
Retail Glass Distributors

Indy has a glass store over on 10th st on the west side and
Merry-go-round over on the northeast side and they both have alot of
glass, I come from Louisville to Indy to get some glass that I...
Forum: Glass June 12th 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By racing John
Conference

looks like a cool group, can you bring it to Louisville sometime
Forum: Glass April 1st 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By racing John
msntv did

they shut it all down and stole our posts. along with alot of other
groups on webtv
Forum: Glass March 17th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By racing John
Diamond core bits

thank god you put that up on this site, it just what I have been waiting
for, do you all ship next day air??? Cause I have got to put a new mail
box in for my wife's grandmother, and that sounds like...
Forum: Glass March 4th 07, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By racing John
Found glass glue

The wife had a perfume bottle made in China and the stopped was glued to
the top, and she dropped it cleaning and broke it off, so I ask in here
and got some good tips, was at Lowes buying some other...
Forum: Glass February 24th 07, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By racing John
glass glue

what is good brand name glue for gluing glass to glass that will hold up
to everyday use....thank you
Forum: Glass February 21st 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By racing John
outdoor glass

thanks for the good answers, and you other 2 shake hands lol, after you
wash them that is
Forum: Glass February 20th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By racing John
outdoor glass

Is it not a good idea to make outdoor stainglass out of copper foil?
Just use zinc or lead?
Forum: Glass January 7th 07, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By racing John
lamp hardware

If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area check it out, I get in there for
an hour at a time, that is the only place I can find bambo rings for my
glass birds I make
Forum: Glass January 7th 07, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By racing John
Jewelry Displays?

lol, but all in all this is a good group to get info from
Forum: Glass December 26th 06, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By racing John
sliver back foil

Thank you for your help and information, I hope you all have a very
Happy New Year
Forum: Glass December 26th 06, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By racing John
painting glass

would like some info on painted design's on game machines, like pinball,
etc. I know they are painted on the inside of the glass, but is it a
special glass paint or can any paint be use? Thank you
Forum: Glass December 22nd 06, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By racing John
sliver back foil

Does anyone else have problems with this stuff, it dont stick to the
glass, I have no problem with black, and copper tape, just the sliver,
and if you dont have a problem what brand name tape are u...
Forum: Glass October 11th 06, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By racing John
Lurker Update

I am a lurker from Kentucky, I enjoy reading the information, and see
the back and forth that goes on, I have learn some and a couple of times
add some, I do some stainglass, woodworking,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25