Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Linda D.
Forum: Needlework January 9th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Linda D.
Going on my first cruise - knitting question from an old-time poster

I've been on 4 cruises and taken knitting on all of them. I use 2.25
Addi Turbo circular needles, no problems at all. I put my project in
my carry-on bag along with a small pair of scissors and my...
Forum: Beads December 20th 10, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Linda D.
Any one here - bead loom question

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not a bead loom expert, but when I did it I'm sure I used Nymo.
It's strong, and will last. It's not too pricey, I think I paid $7.95
for a large spool here in Canada. It's probably...
Forum: Needlework December 11th 10, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Linda D.
What happened?

I think you are right Mirjam. I still read RCTN, but really don't
have anything to contribute. I still do counted cross-stitch now and
again, but for the most part I knit. Two years ago the...
Forum: Yarn November 8th 10, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Linda D.
Anyone working on anything?

I just finished the Kimono Shawl designed by Cheryl Oberle. If you
are on Ravelry you can take a peek here. I'm now knitting the same
pattern as a scarf, but using 10 horizontal repeats to make...
Forum: Yarn September 1st 10, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Linda D.
Where have all the knitters gone ?

I've been busy knitting and finished the Kimono Shawl, here's a link
so yo can see what it looks like, but mine is knit in a soft beige
Fino, a silk/alpaca blend. I still need to block...
Forum: Needlework June 1st 10, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Linda D.
Blog Question

Hi Janet,

I understand where you are coming from with this. I had a project
that I started in 1976 to have finished for my wedding in1978, but
ended up not finishing it until 1998. The way I...
Forum: Yarn March 23rd 10, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Linda D.
Socks?

On Mar 18, 11:12*am, Maureen Miller
wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a question. *I knit socks and I'm thinking of entering my first
Craft Fair (this comng...
Forum: Needlework March 8th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 57
Posted By Linda D.
I'm Knitting!!!!

On Mar 7, 5:09*am, Tia Mary wrote:
mirjam wrote:
Tia Mary i have a wonderful pattern for Mittens if you lile to try
that !!!
mirjam

* * I think I will wait a...
Forum: Needlework February 28th 10, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 57
Posted By Linda D.
I'm Knitting!!!!

On Feb 27, 7:28*am, "Joan E." wrote:
On Feb 26, 1:45*pm, "Linda D." wrote:

On Feb 23, 9:11 am, wrote:
Looks...
Forum: Needlework February 26th 10, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 57
Posted By Linda D.
I'm Knitting!!!!

On Feb 23, 9:15*am, Tia Mary wrote:
Linda D. wrote:
Here's a super easy pattern for you to try. *It's the same combination
of stitches on every row, but creates a very...
Forum: Needlework February 26th 10, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 57
Posted By Linda D.
I'm Knitting!!!!

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:52:36 -0800 (PST), "Linda D."
wrote:

Here's a super easy pattern for you to try. *It's the same combination
of stitches on every row, but...
Forum: Needlework February 25th 10, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Linda D.
More on Knitting

On Feb 25, 6:10*am, Tia Mary wrote:
* *So -- I guess I can justify talking about knitting here because it
DOES use needles and I know more of you than I know over at RCTY....
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 10, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 57
Posted By Linda D.
I'm Knitting!!!!

On Feb 23, 4:43*am, Tia Mary wrote:
* * OY -- I think I will just stick to plain old knitting and purling
with one colour per row for the time being :-). *Thanks for the...
Forum: Yarn December 12th 09, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Linda D.
Fingerless mitts

On Dec 11, 10:15*pm, mirjam wrote:
I found the 2 needle chain edge CO that Mirjam mentions -http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-cast-on-using-the-two-...

Forum: Yarn December 11th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Linda D.
Fingerless mitts

On Dec 10, 12:52*am, mirjam wrote:
I think I did what you mean Mirjam, and used the Knit-on cast on as
shown hehttp://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on

It...
Forum: Yarn December 9th 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Linda D.
Fingerless mitts

On Dec 9, 3:41*am, mirjam wrote:
I knit them , i mean k a stich turn right hand needle and move new st
to left hand needle, knit 2nd st , move to left needle , k 3rd st .
Forum: Yarn December 9th 09, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Linda D.
Fingerless mitts

Hi everyone,

I've been knitting Fingerless mitts that have a thumb. I have to cast
on three stitches after setting aside stitches for the thumb, and the
pattern says to use a backwards loop cast...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Linda D.
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

On Jul 29, 6:34*am, "DA" wrote:
"Murielle" wrote in message

Hi!

Ages ago I offered to email these...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda D.
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

On Jun 20, 6:58*pm, "DA" wrote:
240 yards per ball Beehive Baby ( 1oz.)

328 yards per 50 gram ball (2ozs) Snuggly 3ply.

You would need to purchase 9 balls of...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda D.
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

On Jun 20, 7:06*pm, suzee wrote:
Linda D. wrote:
On Jun 20, 10:15 am, "DA" wrote:
"Linda D." wrote in message

Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda D.
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

On Jun 20, 10:15*am, "DA" wrote:
"Linda D." wrote in message

Does...
Forum: Yarn June 20th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Linda D.
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

Does anyone know what the yardage was for a 1 ounce balls of Patons
Beehive Baby Yarn?

I have located the baby shawl pattern that I had been searching for,
and the pattern calls for a 2.25 mm...
Forum: Needlework June 20th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 75
Posted By Linda D.
OT : Page size change?

On Jun 9, 2:41*pm, "Donna McIntosh" wrote:

Okay, *we had to have a new hard drive put into the computer. *Now when I
get an email and there's a link that I click...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Linda D.
Looking for old Patons baby patterns

Many thanks to Shirley and Bruce for providing the links to
crochet4you. I had found that site, but it rather irks me to be
living in Canada, sending my order to a Canadian address with a
Canadian...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Linda D.
Looking for old Patons baby patterns

Hi everyone,

I'm having a real challenge trying to locate some old Patons leaflets,
and you are going to think I'm whacky wanting them. Hmmm...I'm among
friends, so maybe you won't think I'm that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93