Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pogonip[_2_]
Forum: Quilting May 24th 12, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
need some advice! bernina on lawaway

On 5/24/2012 5:54 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Great, Betsey. Since you are already comfortable with Viking, I'm so
glad you found one you'll love and be instantly familiar with. My
quilting buddy...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 12, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 29
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
sewing machine totes?

On 1/5/2012 4:56 PM, betsey wrote:
do you use them? worth the cost? any brand preference? i'm starting
to sew more (after a looooooooooong absence) and taking some classes---
and trying to...
Forum: Machine Knit March 15th 11, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Replies: 4
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
How do I replace sponge brake on Zippy 90 please ?

On 3/14/2011 9:50 AM, judy p wrote:
Hi Joanne..thanks for the heads up, but I am on WebTV,msn2 box and can't
get there from here....Get a pop up saying , unit is to old???
thanks again,
Forum: Machine Knit March 12th 11, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Replies: 4
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
How do I replace sponge brake on Zippy 90 please ?

On 3/12/2011 2:12 PM, judy p2 wrote:
Gee. I am sure glad to see some action in here..
I have 3 Bonds, and just got a Brother..I may need help one of these
days..I did find help here when I was...
Forum: Machine Knit January 16th 11, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Replies: 3
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Help with decreasing

On 1/15/2011 8:42 AM, Barbara.R wrote:
I'm new to machine knitting and was wondering if there is a way to
decrease in the middle of a row as oppsed to just on the sides. Can
anyone help me...
Forum: Needlework February 8th 10, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Replies: 26
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
knitting for bespoke tailoring?

mirjam wrote:

thank you for the Interest and thus i told you some of the things that
happened ,,
Be well
mirjam

You have been busy!! I'm glad to see that. Sometimes when someone...
Forum: Needlework February 7th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Replies: 26
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
knitting for bespoke tailoring?

mirjam wrote:

I now do it all without one seam i calculate a lot and make it all in
one piece without seams
mirjam

Where have you been? I've missed seeing your posts! Hope you can stick...
Forum: Sewing October 2nd 09, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Sewing machines back in fashion?

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:

Like neckties and dresses -- wait long enough and they come back in fashion.
--
Joanne
stitches...

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
John Smith wrote:
I am starting to search for a dress form online, and I'm having
difficulty finding much information.

Can anyone suggest some good quality dress...
Forum: Sewing May 15th 09, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Best fabric for placemats and napkins?

Pat wrote:
Can anyone tell me of the best fabric for making placemats and napkins that
won't wrinkle and curl and need to be ironed? I want something that comes
out of the dryer looking...
Forum: Sewing May 8th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 20
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Need fabric recommendation for lawn targets

Joy Beeson wrote:
On Thu, 07 May 2009 23:45:47 +0100, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures
to reply)" wrote:

Starguard? More information please.

Snitched...
Forum: Sewing April 29th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 9
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Need a new machine, but which one?

Betsy wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

An older Pfaff is a hard machine to beat. My favorite in the
buttonhole department was the older Singers that you just dropped the
button into the foot,...
Forum: Sewing April 29th 09, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 9
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Need a new machine, but which one?

PatTX wrote:
BEI Design wrote:
::: Any ideas?
::
:: Since you don't state what your budget is it's almost
:: impossible to advise you. Also space constraints factor in.

Even so, you...
Forum: Sewing March 15th 09, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
any one working on a project

SteveB wrote:

I'm really going to be beaming when I get those awnings covered. And, we've
decided to do sail shaped pieces over a back yard area like they have on
modern playgrounds. Not...
Forum: Sewing March 15th 09, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
any one working on a project

SteveB wrote:
Last evening, I took two hours to repair a shadecloth that was 30' x 40'.
Some of the grommets had torn out. I was able, with my trusty Singer
111W155 machine to sew it all...
Forum: Sewing January 26th 09, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 7
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Replace elastic around top of sock?

Joy Beeson wrote:
Back in the sixties, when knee socks were all the rage, I held them up
by folding the top down over a rubber band.

Joy Beeson

Back in the 40s and 50s, probably before...
Forum: Sewing January 23rd 09, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 6
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Pattern for jean pocketbooks

wrote:
On Dec 24 2008, 11:49 pm, "Suzy" wrote:
wrote:
Could someone tell me where to find a pattern for using
old jeans...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Christmas Quilt

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
I finally finished the crazy quilt for my daughter in law for
Christmas. It has to be perfect and I would welcome your opinions!

http://tinyurl.com/crazyquilt

Looks...
Forum: Sewing December 16th 08, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 10
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Little help, please

BEI Design wrote:
Pogonip wrote:
BEI Design wrote:
SteveB wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message
snip
Pogonip? ...
Forum: Sewing December 16th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 10
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Little help, please

BEI Design wrote:
SteveB wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message
snip
Pogonip? golfer? photog?

Forum: Sewing December 15th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 10
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Little help, please

SteveB wrote:
I have a 1957 Singer 111W155 walking foot machine with cabinet and
everything but the light.

First question, where can I get a light? Or will I just have to put one
Forum: Sewing December 14th 08, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 10
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
looking for an old type fabric

Kitty wrote:
Hi, in the seventies I used to make my nightgowns out of a cotton
fabric with narrow bands of flat fabric and narrow bands of bubbled
fabric between them. It often came with small...
Forum: Sewing October 19th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Replies: 0
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Toga

Bob Simon wrote:
I need to make a costume for an All Saints party. I want to look like
a Buddhist monk or perhaps the Dali Lama.

Does anyone know what the garment that they wear is called...
Forum: Sewing October 16th 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 3
Posted By Pogonip[_2_]
Best Sewing Links

wrote:
Best Sewing Links

Lily Abello has moved to http://www.mysewingspace.com/ Still an
invaluable resource page.

--
Joanne
stitches @...

Laura of San Diego wrote:
Hi. I'm just getting started with machine knitting. I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. I have a
standard gauge Brother...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 111