Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shirley Shone[_3_]
Forum: Needlework August 15th 12, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Wanted: "Parrot Roost" by Anita Barton, cover of "NeedlepointPlus"

On 15/08/2012 16:07, wrote:
I will pay for shipping if you own this book or would be willing to send me a copy. I don't know the date tho.

I am looking for parrot...
Forum: Needlework July 3rd 12, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
ISO small owls

On 03/07/2012 12:26, sara wrote:
Counted, ornament size or so. Bookmarks, mini bell pulls, that sort
of thing. Any style except cutesy-poo. I'm in the collection phase
of a 5 year plan.
Forum: Needlework June 28th 12, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
County fair results

On 28/06/2012 17:52, ndjoan wrote:
Results of my entries in the county fair a

My Day Complete - no ribbon (they only give 1st-3rd place)
Needle winder holder-turned mini sampler I got from...
Forum: Yarn June 5th 12, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Paternayan yarn

On 05/06/2012 03:27, Janet Moriarty wrote:
About ten years ago our church made some needlepoint kneelers. They
have been attacked by moths on the sides. I have some of the yarn left
and I...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 12, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
buying fine pins?

On 28/05/2012 02:29, Polly Esther wrote:
My straight pins are rough and old. ( So are my hands but that's beside
the point.) I fell in love with a Jewel Box quilt at the Biloxi quilt
show and...
Forum: Needlework March 20th 12, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
OT - B ritain in the 1950s

On 20/03/2012 11:43, Joyce in RSA wrote:
On 2012/03/16 01:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
A bit of nostalgia - a terraced house in Liverpool that has not been
altered since the 1950s plus some dockland...
Forum: Needlework March 20th 12, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
OT - B ritain in the 1950s

On 20/03/2012 12:50, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:43:17 +0200, Joyce in RSA
wrote:

On 2012/03/16 01:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
A bit of...
Forum: Needlework January 17th 12, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 51
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
OT - New Wireless Printer

Brought up as a young child during WW11 in a small village. Keeping a
pig was a favourite thing for food in the winter time.
from September onwards it was a regular village activity to see a pig...
Forum: Quilting January 11th 12, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
The Joy of Books

Happy birthday for tomorrow
Shirley

On 11/01/2012 12:01, Leigh Harris wrote:
Happy birthdays Shirley and Di! Mine's tomorrow, but 'only' 47 years.
Can we add any more to keep counting down?...
Forum: Quilting January 11th 12, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
The Joy of Books

On 11/01/2012 07:39, Di Maloney wrote:
Happy Birthday Shirley with many more to come.

Mine was on Saturday - 66 years.

Di
"Shirley wrote in...
Forum: Quilting January 11th 12, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
The Joy of Books

On 10/01/2012 23:55, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

This is ON topic because I'm sure some of those books
are about quilting. Of course they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Forum: Beads January 3rd 12, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 42
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
new moderated bead group

On 03/01/2012 16:51, Sarajane wrote:
hi there everyone--and particularly Shirley!
since we have not been able to make this a moderated group to limit
spam, I've started a new bead group over at...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 11, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
choosing, getting cut/ serger

I learned to use an Over-locker (serger) some 57 years ago. I believe
that home machines were not available at that time unless on managed to
get a used one from a factory.
I worked in a underwear...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 11, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
OT - Chocolate cheesecake recipe please

On 15/12/2011 18:44, Jo Gibson wrote:
Hello folks,

My birthday is on Saturday. For years my mantra was, "Please don't make
me cook dinner or make a cake on my birthday". Since I cook...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 11, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Who has taken my tape measure?

On 09/12/2011 09:32, Sally Swindells wrote:
When Aunt died aged 102 we found a large stash of 'knicker elastic'
white cotton tape and bobbins of white cotton! None of the family will
ever have...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 11, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
OT - And, who took my postage stamps?

On 08/12/2011 22:42, Alice in PA wrote:
I'm already to get working on the Christmas letter and cards, and I
can't find the $40 book of stamps that I bought a couple weeks ago!! It
just doesn't...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 11, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
"Microsoft Scam" Beware

On 30/11/2011 21:01, Sally Swindells wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/18/phone-scam-india-call-centres

I had the second one of these 'phone calls today. The first time I said
Forum: Beads November 27th 11, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 39
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Birthday memories for Sooz

It would have been Sooz's birthday today.
So I am remembering her, she is missed so very much.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

On 23/09/2011 18:17, Joan E. wrote:
On Sep 22, 5:57 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:53:19 -0700 (PDT), "Joan E."

Forum: Needlework September 19th 11, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Totally OT..a shock!

On 19/09/2011 00:57, Gillian Murray wrote:
Got a message via Facebook yesterday from my Japanese DIL, Ayako. ":Are
you going anywhere in October, Mom?" I replied "NO".

Next thing was "I...
Forum: Needlework September 18th 11, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Which silk threads?

On 18/09/2011 19:56, Bruce wrote:
On 18/09/2011 14:08, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I know a great deal of my family history - back in 1976 tracing yourself
back to the Revolutionary War - by hook or...
Forum: Beads August 20th 11, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 20
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
bead slideshow

On 20/08/2011 17:35, Sarajane wrote:
hey there! I just moved and refurbished my friend Laura's website and
added a lot of images to her slide show of beaded dolls and jewelry. I
saw what she's...
Forum: Needlework August 12th 11, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
sort on topic

On 12/08/2011 17:57, Ellice K. wrote:
On 8/12/11 2:53 AM, in article , "Shirley
wrote:

On 11/08/2011 20:52, Bruce...
Forum: Needlework August 12th 11, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
sort on topic

On 11/08/2011 20:52, Bruce wrote:
On 11/08/2011 20:28, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:35:13 -0700 (PDT), Tia Mary
wrote:
Years and years ago, my...
Forum: Beads July 14th 11, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 35
Posted By Shirley Shone[_3_]
Good-bye!!

On 14/07/2011 21:50, Marilee M wrote:
It is a shame to see this once active group fade away !! I have never
posted very much but was a big time lurker and got a lot of good
information from...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43